GT_Roadcourse_Newb

noob@cartech,prefer2drive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-PP::2000 Honda s2000::1996 Nissan Maxima
I had to cancel my order for Steeda's functional race wing... Found out today that it was 7 weeks out on backorder for the vendor I happened to start my post-purchase 'fling' with :)

I like Steeda stuff a heck of a lot, but now that I have pause (and a nice bit of Steeda) I might do well to try to get the most ideal roadcourse wing.
Would like to know if anyone has a fav for roadcourse downforce.

This looks like the most functional one I've found yet.
And, as much as I would like to stay as much Ford Racing or as close to it as possible, I might forgive that for its badass looks (imo)

http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item...TKpdMs3lZ8AidVPDE6UuGuV1FpdQfUgGwzBoCEVDw_wcB

Edit: image

AS-105957.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
GT_Roadcourse_Newb

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Purchased...
Steeda wings not adjustable and out of stock everywhere for 2 months+ !
A little rice never killed a horse right?

2015mustangaprrearspoiler.jpg

OP
OP
GT_Roadcourse_Newb

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
This would compliment the front.. Dunno though, its starting to yell
'rice'

15stangapr76.jpg

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I may be following suit as well. Been searching everywhere for the Steeda wing, but just are non available for a long time. July 14th is track day and need a wing.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
This would compliment the front.. Dunno though, its starting to yell
'rice'

15stangapr76.jpg
That splitter blocks the oem ducts/cutouts in the belly pan for brake cooling. Not to mention the slightest scrape will crack the carbon fiber.

I picked one up from SBS Performance Parts that's about half the price, pre-drilled, made from abs, and maintains all of the oem ducting.

He has a few different designs, some prodtrude much further than mine, so be sure to talk to him about any order. He can also customize it for you.

ao7CZLF.jpg

OP
OP
GT_Roadcourse_Newb

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
That splitter blocks the oem ducts/cutouts in the belly pan for brake cooling. Not to mention the slightest scrape will crack the carbon fiber.

I picked one up from SBS Performance Parts that's about half the price, pre-drilled, made from abs, and maintains all of the oem ducting.

He has a few different designs, some prodtrude much further than mine, so be sure to talk to him about any order. He can also customize it for you.

ao7CZLF.jpg
Big time thanks!!

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Thats not rice, check out all the stangs on here with RPI stick on crap, or hood scoops that go nowhere (Roush)... Thats rice.

Functional = not rice.
The hood scoop creates more front lift! Wheelies all day!

Sponsored
OP
OP
GT_Roadcourse_Newb

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Why don't brake manufacturers use lighter metal? Titanium/Aluminum not do well at high temps? Too expensive to justify? (cannot recycle?)

Thanks to anyone who knows.. I just carried a box with the front pads and woah!

Static_LV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem PP, 1969 Mustang Coupe
Why don't brake manufacturers use lighter metal? Titanium/Aluminum not do well at high temps? Too expensive to justify? (cannot recycle?)

Thanks to anyone who knows.. I just carried a box with the front pads and woah!
Its a little of column A, B, and C. Carbon Ceramic Brakes like on the Z/28 are out there, they are certainly lighter but they are moderately expensive.
Just the rotors (they are 2 piece) generally run $900-1200 each.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Too deep into the land of diminishing returns for most of us.

Some years ago the SCCA's monthly magazine reported that losing what I recall was 5 lb per wheel on a Miata ended up being worth only 0.1 to maybe 0.2 seconds on a 40-ish second course. That'd be about half a second on a 2 minute track, but the reality of that same 5 lbs/rotor would likely be less since the effective radius of a rotor tends to be less than that of a wheel. The test was run by a top-shelf autocrosser and builder.

Norm

BlackMustang690

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt500

I have the apr splitter and it does block the air ducts on the belly pan, I places some small washer/spacer so that some air might get thru not sure if it works or not. But the Apr is made really well, I had it on when I was on a road course lost control and ran off the track going across a service road, coming out the other end and getting airborne. splitter came off, belly pan and lower grille. The splitter only had surface scratches no cracks anywhere. I just wet sanded it and cleared put it back on.
[ame]