Sponsored

Rear Diffuser Install Question for a 2017 5.0

Mr2raw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I have a 2017 5.0 Premium California Special and I am looking to install a aftermarket rear diffuser.

I understand that all the options out there requires you to cut into your factory diffuser which I am ok with. However, when I do return the car back to stock, the piece I cutted out, I can put it back on and secure it back in place ok? I believe this is possible but I want some confirmation from guys who returned their cars back to stock attaching the factory diffuser they cutted out.

Also, if I am looking to go quad tip and install a quad tip valence. What quad-tip (tip only) can I buy for my Roush single tip axelback? From researching, I do not think Roush sells the quad tip to attach onto the axel back in order to accommodate 15-17 5.0S.

Thanks guys
Sponsored

SevenForgedBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Performance GT
I installed a rear diffusor on my 2015 that required me to relocate the backup sensors and mod the bumper. Honesly if you want to cut the bumper just buy a back up one from ebay for Craigslist. On the quad mullfers I went with Steeda ones that are supposed to fit 2018. They sound great and look good. Here’s pics of mine.
A46F4233-F00B-4FBF-BD61-C01EF1B155A4.jpeg

cbgogo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
I installed the RTR diffuser on my 2017 GT/CS about a year ago. The OEM diffuser clips into place on the piece that you have to cut off. The mod is permanent in the sense that there's no way around cutting that piece off, but you could technically attach it back to the OEM diffuser. That piece just won't be connected to the rest of your bumper, unless you glued it back on or something.

I vaguely remember watching an install video from American Muscle where they pointed this out. I'll try to find it for you.

OP
OP
Mr2raw

Mr2raw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I installed the RTR diffuser on my 2017 GT/CS about a year ago. The OEM diffuser clips into place on the piece that you have to cut off. The mod is permanent in the sense that there's no way around cutting that piece off, but you could technically attach it back to the OEM diffuser. That piece just won't be connected to the rest of your bumper, unless you glued it back on or something.

I vaguely remember watching an install video from American Muscle where they pointed this out. I'll try to find it for you.
Interesting. Watching one of the AM videos, the tech said, if you put back the stock valence you cutted out, it should clip on one side back to the rear of the car and when you put the black plastic diffuser over it again, it should hold it back in place. Regardless, I don't mind cutting it. It would be nice to know I can still return back to stock later on and recoop some cost you know.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I can't say about reattaching the valence. I threw mine out after I installed the Roush rear-diffuser, as I had no intention of going back to stock.

I like the Roush diffuser, and I'm running the 2018 Active Exhaust mufflers with quad tips. They sound far better than the "barky" Roush axle-back, in my opinion. I would, however, tell you that if you go for the Roush, have it professionally installed. It's a giant pain, and if you're not careful, you'll either put screws through the outside of the diffuser or end up going far enough that you can see a bump from the outside. It shouldn't be a pain, but it is.

JR
Sponsored