Rear Diff Oil

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
So I'm planning on changing out the oil in my Diff and a bit stuck on what's the best idea for a 2016 Ecoboost.

Iv called Ford who can get the reccomended 75w-85 rear axle oil (part no. 2433507) but they don't have any idea about the Friction Modifier which I keep seeing is also required.

Alternatively Iv saw the brand Royal Purple also recommended which is 75w-90 with friction modifier already blended into the oil.
https://www.rivalmotorsport.co.uk/r...75w90-fully-synthetic-performance-gearbox-oil

Any help or recommendations appreciated. 🙂

Screenshot_20210807-113109_WhatsApp.jpg
Sponsored

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Nemesis do a pack of one I cant remember the brand name off, not royal purple I don't thiink though.

OP
OP
Dannyh1991

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Nemesis do a pack of one I cant remember the brand name off, not royal purple I don't thiink though.
Can't find anything on Nemesis, might not be something avaliable anymore I guess.

Gr11m, is that syncromax stuff OK for Differentials? Iv saw conflicting stuff while trying to look into it and see people recommend the max gear.

This looks like a good package, probably get hit with the import fees lol, not looking to do the gearbox oil yet though but I notice it also suggests using 75w-90.

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Gr11m, is that syncromax stuff OK for Differentials? Iv saw conflicting stuff while trying to look into it and see people recommend the max gear.
Everyone recommends something different, there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer of the best oil to use but the transmission oil needs to include or contain a friction modifier.

Transmission Royal Purple 1512 Synchromax
Rear Diff Red Line 50104

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Both transmission and diff oil changes are easy, you'll spend more time researching which oil to use than it takes to actually swap it. After seeing the oil I removed from both, like engine oil, I was glad I got the first oil change done early.

OP
OP
Dannyh1991

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
you can buy it in the UK give them a ring https://bgprod.co.uk/products they'll do it cheaper than importing from the states
Iv sent them an email to see what they say, after looking a bit further Iv saw that kit reccomended a few times now, especially removing notchiness from shifting gears with the gearbox oil.

Both transmission and diff oil changes are easy, you'll spend more time researching which oil to use than it takes to actually swap it. After seeing the oil I removed from both, like engine oil, I was glad I got the first oil change done early.
Yeah I'm probably overthinking it tbf, I'm on 55k miles now not sure if it's been done previously to my ownership and usually see 50-60k reccomendations online, don't know why most places suggest the 75w-90 oil though, maybe just easier to get hold of? Ford have ordered their stuff for Tuesday so might just use that with the Friction modifier from ebay for now so it's changed at least. If there's any benefit of using the 75w-90 then I'll just replace it next time I service the car.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351166520...8AAMXQU6tRAQs~
Sponsored