Reality check video

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Sometimes we need to step back and look at our actions. Seeing all these race videos on UTube always makes me think about something like this.
Keep it on the track.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Agreed. Be the bigger man and don't engage with idiots.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Sometimes we need to step back and look at our actions. Seeing all these race videos on UTube always makes me think about something like this.
Keep it on the track.

Wow he was only driving V6 Challenger too. Maybe he had an inferiority complex? I know so many people that have the base trim of the Mustang or the Challenger that will race anything and anyone and act as if their car is insanely fast. There was a crash a few weeks ago involving an eco boost Mustang drag racing and the driver spun out and killed someone.

As far as the youtube video goes I always feel bad for the other cars on the road because I've been in that situation. I guess its okay when they race if the roads are empty but that never happens. There are so many channels and followers that I feel like youtube is encouraging that behavior. I scroll through the comments and everyone is cheering them on, it is pretty sad to see.

I will never understand why people record themselves committing illegal activity and upload it to the internet for everyone to see. I think its so stupid, I guess I am in the minority though.

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Wow he was only driving V6 Challenger too. Maybe he had an inferiority complex? I know so many people that have the base trim of the Mustang or the Challenger that will race anything and anyone and act as if their car is insanely fast. There was a crash a few weeks ago involving an eco boost Mustang drag racing and the driver spun out and killed someone.

As far as the youtube video goes I always feel bad for the other cars on the road because I've been in that situation. I guess its okay when they race if the roads are empty but that never happens. There are so many channels and followers that I feel like youtube is encouraging that behavior. I scroll through the comments and everyone is cheering them on, it is pretty sad to see.

I will never understand why people record themselves committing illegal activity and upload it to the internet for everyone to see. I think its so stupid, I guess I am in the minority though.
I’m thinking we’re in the majority BlueMoon.
There are quite a few out there that I never see going nuts. That said, there are enough idiots out there for sure.
Every few days I get some idiot showing off and know it’s directed at me.

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
Keep it on the track.

Damn, that is so sad. I've got a new(er) driver and one comin' up. We put them through this course in addition to the normal drivers-ed: https://putonthebrakes.org/
I thought the course was great. They practice over-steer, hydroplane, dropping a wheel, distracted driving, panic-stops, etc. So important to try that out in a controlled environment before they get out there in the real world. I think every new driver should be required to take it. I also tell the kids that if they want to go fast, I will spend as much money at kart tracks and HPDEs as I can if it will keep them safe on the roads. I know...somewhat of a self-serving commitment. :angel:

Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Yes guys we are more level headed but the world is filled with F@#k Tards! Having a nice sports car like the Shelby does attract lots of attention both good and bad. For some reason the overriding majority of idiots that want to goad me to race are driving Challengers (the occasional Camaro too). I have one fool in particular who keeps trying to get me to run as we leave our respective work places the same time each day and beyond that I see him driving so aggressively most of the time. I only hope he does not hurt anyone with these antics.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
There're a lot more into this issue. You can't ignore that people will do this kind of activities regardless. This issue needs to be seen more seriously by the authorities. Maybe create more tracks that can be access easily and more affordable? Provide classes, instructions how to handle the car and educate people on this topic. It's easy to call people who racing on the street idiots instead of trying to resolve this issue.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Went to a cruise night on Saturday and there was no shortage of this stuff. Watch the first 2 minutes.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If your point is we should not be racing other cars except on a track with proper instruction and safety equipment I am in total agreement. But even without racing most of us probably push these cars and get into dangerous situations that could be deadly even when not in traffic or urban areas. Twisty roads with speed limits because of limited line of sight and potential unexpected hazards still invite us to do things we shouldn't. We justify our actions in some way and get away with it almost all the time. I confess to being an aggressive driver, whatever that is, without ever being in an accident because of it, thankfully. This car does 100mph+ in third gear for heaven's sake...glad everyone saves that for the track:crazy:. Usually it's youthful indiscretion that leads to these terrible situations. Easy to shake our heads, but tough to throw stones. A good reminder to be thoughtful and careful.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Went to a cruise night on Saturday and there was no shortage of this stuff. Watch the first 2 minutes.

The guy coming into frame at 3:10 on his bicycle was a bit loud.

Sponsored

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
As the saying goes, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Without question I’m sure each and everyone of us has done stupid things on the road.
Hopefully we pick our places wisely and do not endanger others.

Deleted member 37397

Not only tired of the youtubers racing “in Mexico” , but also filming themselves while driving. Many of them spend more time looking at the camera, actually holding a camera and shooting while driving. The only one who I see do it consistently the correct way is AutoFanatic. Camera behind the driver, looking out the windshield.

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt Magneride, electronics, pac, Steeda Jack rails, Weather Teck Floor liners, SunTek PPF full front
Well there's a reason why the word dumbass is used so often.

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Not only tired of the youtubers racing “in Mexico” , but also filming themselves while driving. Many of them spend more time looking at the camera, actually holding a camera and shooting while driving. The only one who I see do it consistently the correct way is AutoFanatic. Camera behind the driver, looking out the windshield.
And when AF rips through that favorite windy road which is a residential area, I get really nervous, not for AF but for those pulling out of their driveways.
Sponsored