Reality check video

MDM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
M3, F350
Damn, that is so sad. I've got a new(er) driver and one comin' up. We put them through this course in addition to the normal drivers-ed: https://putonthebrakes.org/
I thought the course was great. They practice over-steer, hydroplane, dropping a wheel, distracted driving, panic-stops, etc. So important to try that out in a controlled environment before they get out there in the real world. I think every new driver should be required to take it. I also tell the kids that if they want to go fast, I will spend as much money at kart tracks and HPDEs as I can if it will keep them safe on the roads. I know...somewhat of a self-serving commitment. :angel:
That looks like a great program. I’ve instructed at www.streetsurvival.org with the BMW club. More people need to know these programs exist.
Sponsored

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
I guess it needs to be repeated again and again...go...to...a...track event...!!! It's the "safest" way to go fast in your car...period! BTW, you'll discover quickly that you're not really that good...and that's good!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Went to a cruise night on Saturday and there was no shortage of this stuff. Watch the first 2 minutes.

picard holding head.jpg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
We had a tragic event happen in my area where a young driver was going over 100mph down a busy residential street and killed an entire family that was in their car. It really shook me up for sure. I also agree with some of the posts here regarding "spirited driving" on country roads, just because we're not in town does not mean we shouldn't be taking precautions when it comes to corners, hills, etc as you never know what might be at the top or around the corner. I am looking forward to going out to TN next year for the Tail of the Dragon with a group of guys who are experienced on the roads and know how to have fun and stay within the limits of safety. I will also be signing up for local track events either this fall or next year to satisfy my speed itch...
It's a good thing that this car is so enjoyable, even when cruising around town, on the hwy, etc.. It's a special car that can be enjoyed when under or at it's limits.....

Good2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@017 GT350, 1951 Willys Pick up w 350/350, Jeep Rubicon
There is an old saying: " Its all fun-until someone has to call 911".

Just don't be "That guy".

Stay cool and be safe.

Sponsored

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
We had a tragic event happen in my area where a young driver was going over 100mph down a busy residential street and killed an entire family that was in their car. It really shook me up for sure. I also agree with some of the posts here regarding "spirited driving" on country roads, just because we're not in town does not mean we shouldn't be taking precautions when it comes to corners, hills, etc as you never know what might be at the top or around the corner. I am looking forward to going out to TN next year for the Tail of the Dragon with a group of guys who are experienced on the roads and know how to have fun and stay within the limits of safety. I will also be signing up for local track events either this fall or next year to satisfy my speed itch...
It's a good thing that this car is so enjoyable, even when cruising around town, on the hwy, etc.. It's a special car that can be enjoyed when under or at it's limits.....
If you’re going to drive all that way, go to VIR while you are down!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase