Thoughts on this 3rd gear pull?
Capture.jpg
Sponsored

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
can you just post the CSV file? Those aren't enough visible channels to tell you anything definitive. A few things I would say is

(a) KR looks to be zero then starts to add timing then stops and gets a little bit of Kr(maybe 1-2*), hard to tell from the pic. Then it never added timing again.

(b) Your Maf flow rate looks weird, never seen one peak at 5,000rpm and stay that way until redline, your peaks, then drops then peaks again

OP
OP

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
can you just post the CSV file? Those aren't enough visible channels to tell you anything definitive. A few things I would say is

(a) KR looks to be zero then starts to add timing then stops and gets a little bit of Kr(maybe 1-2*), hard to tell from the pic. Then it never added timing again.

(b) Your Maf flow rate looks weird, never seen one peak at 5,000rpm and stay that way until redline, your peaks, then drops then peaks again
Do you mean the datazap link to the CSV? Car didn't feel right on the pull. http://datazap.me/u/sighlense/log-1493842476?log=0&data=1-5-9-28

Last edited:

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
OP
OP

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Was that a WOT pull? Your lambda is almost always stoich, your pedal position was 30-45% through the whole pull, and your fuel trims are +/-1% during the entire time.
Foot to the floor, no. Had cars coming at me so I couldn't get into it. Something feels "off" with the car. Felt like it was lurching, or jumping in 1st and 2nd at partial throttle.

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some pointers for doing a log...

Use 3rd or 4th gear, higher gear the better. This depends on how fast your are willing to go on a public highway.

Start out the pull from around 1500rpm or so, ease into the throttle and be WOT by 2000rpm. Stay WOT until redline. I prefer not to just mash the throttle, as that is a good way to get false knock and/or kicking in nannies that will skew the data.

I typically will start logging before and after pull for a few seconds to make sure it is reading. All tuners are different with how fast they respond, so better to start early and finish late (not minutes, just a few seconds). After I do the pull I will pull up with excel and trim off the non WOT parts based on throttle angle. This makes reading it a lot easier.

For what each item means, that is where you need to research and learn. There are a few good books on "tuning", plus vast amounts of knowledge online. Every car and manufacturer does things a little differently though, so make sure you understand the timing strategy for your particular PCM.

Here is a log from my Subaru, note it is just so you see how it should look after cleaned up and trimmed nicely.
http://datazap.me/u/nuked/16jun16-3rd-gear?log=0&data=3-4-5-6-7-19

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Is there anywhere I can find out what all these values mean?

OP
OP

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Last edited:
OP
OP

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Your MAF curve looks weird though, never seen one drop airflow as your RPMs increase, wonder what your IMRCs are doing because the overall MAF airflow value is low too, usually see 43-44# on a stock car.
Talk to me. What would be the cause? Looks to me like it climbs all the way.

Sponsored

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Talk to me. What would be the cause? Looks to me like it climbs all the way.
yeah my bad lol, I was looking at the wrong lines hahahaha I don't use data zap that often...

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Small knock in that last data zap.

.5* knock is ok that's low intensity borderline and is boxed in green.

when you see 1* of knock the intensity was medium or high. Boxed in red you see the dips in saftot it makes. The knock advance rate was slow already(saw knock earlier with less throttle) going into this pull so it was not that bad(lengths of the steps going down for knock). More tuners need to learn to slow this down, you don't need it jumping up 4* a second when you already are with in 2* of the borderline.
KR.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Small knock in that last data zap.

.5* knock is ok that's low intensity borderline and is boxed in green.

when you see 1* of knock the intensity was medium or high. Boxed in red you see the dips in saftot it makes. The knock advance rate was slow already(saw knock earlier with less throttle) going into this pull so it was not that bad(lengths of the steps going down for knock). More tuners need to learn to slow this down, you don't need it jumping up 4* a second when you already are with in 2* of the borderline.
I have it my other logs too. I am thinking it is either exhaust rattle, or drive line vibration. Where are the knock sensors located?

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT