Re-thinking my desire to buy a 2019 Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your complaint about manual gearing being too tall in the 18s seems to be somewhat common. Others say it's good with the 3.73s but too tall with the 3.55s. Not sure about the availability of other rear ends, but you could probably swap rear gears if the tall gearing is the only thing you don't like about the new Bullitt. Don't forget the Bullitt will be a little faster too. It sounds like you really love your current car already though and if so, why get rid of it?

Edit: Looks like Ford Performance offers 4.09 gears that would be an easy and inexpensive swap.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Your complaint about manual gearing being too tall in the 18s seems to be somewhat common. Others say it's good with the 3.73s but too tall with the 3.55s. Not sure about the availability of other rear ends, but you could probably swap rear ends if the tall gearing is the only thing you don't like about the new Bullitt. Don't forget the Bullitt will be a little faster too. It sounds like you really love your current car already though and if so, why get rid of it?
Yes, good point. But, you know, it's a Bullitt. :) Your point of changing the gearing is a valid one. I put a 4:10 in my Vortech sc '09 Bullitt and it was just great with that power coming on linearly.

One more thing. I shifted from 2nd to 3rd at over 7K and it was as smooth as butter. Super fast and smooooooth. Absolutely awesome transmission.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Your complaint about manual gearing being too tall in the 18s seems to be somewhat common. Others say it's good with the 3.73s but too tall with the 3.55s. Not sure about the availability of other rear ends, but you could probably swap rear gears if the tall gearing is the only thing you don't like about the new Bullitt. Don't forget the Bullitt will be a little faster too. It sounds like you really love your current car already though and if so, why get rid of it?

Edit: Looks like Ford Performance offers 4.09 gears that would be an easy and inexpensive swap.
Funny as the Mach1 had similar gearing, less tq and a 3.55. No one complained. I ran a 4.10 daily and loved it. That gearing wise that should be similar to a '18+ with a 3.90.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
AHA!

Gas mileage!

[ame]

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
And ? The guy expressed interest in a auto . He should drive the 10 speed so he has more information
That’s the point of his post as to why he may no longer want the Bullitt...

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
AHA!

Gas mileage!
Did you try Sport+ mode? Also, that is a new engine and it hasn't updated its strategy much in the short time you had it.

I definitely understand about the gearing changes making an impact on seat-of-the-pants feel. However, I think your car would need to be driven a few hundred miles for you to adjust.

That said, you have a different frame of reference than I do regarding your supercharged S197 Bullitt.

Buy the Bullitt, man! :)

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like the upgrades to the clutch and transmission for the manual 18s make it very nice and smooth, I haven't driven one yet personally but thats what I've been hearing. A manual Bullitt should be an amazing car with many cool little features even if the tranny ratios are a little wack for gas mileage sake. I don't think you should let that deter completely from getting one plus you could always swap the ring and pinion gears for a 3.91 or 4.09 to add a little more low end pep.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I have also found that many cars with low miles are still in learning mode and will start to feel faster as they are broken in.

Blown_90LX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold boosted 5.0L Fox & 4.6 Cobra
Lol - 2 miles on car and 7000 rpm upshifts. This is why I custom order all my new cars and see them off the transporter.

That said, my last GT salesman and I got along well and while I didn’t buy the car, he looked like the guy riding shotgun in the Ferrari from Ferris Buellers day off...All smiles in a cloud of burning rubber. Though that car had some decent miles on it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Lol - 2 miles on car and 7000 rpm upshifts. This is why I custom order all my new cars and see them off the transporter.

That said, my last GT salesman and got along well and while I didn’t buy the car, he looked like the guy riding shotgun in the Ferrari from Ferris Buellers day off...All smiles in a cloud of burning rubber.
Exactly, I thought I was the only one noticing 2 miles and hammering it already without ownership.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
BTW, when I was at the dragstrip with the '11 and the Roush blower, I had to shift into 5th before the end of the track which hurt my times. So, with that thinking, an '18 with FI will be perfect with FI. Maybe.
Don't forget that the gen3 revs higher...

:headbang:
Sponsored