Sponsored

Rattle

hp1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
not sure if any have experienced this. My car has over 11k on it and noticed while cruising in 6th gear between 60 and 65 mph there is a rattle coming from the rear of the car. My daughter asked if there is a rattle snake following us. I tried reeving through the rpm range to replicate it in my garage and no dice. If anyone had this issue, please chime in.
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
not sure if any have experienced this. My car has over 11k on it and noticed while cruising in 6th gear between 60 and 65 mph there is a rattle coming from the rear of the car. My daughter asked if there is a rattle snake following us. I tried reeving through the rpm range to replicate it in my garage and no dice. If anyone had this issue, please chime in.
Car and driver mentioned a clicking in the rear of their vehicle on their long term evaluation, they swapped the tires and rims I believe and it went away.

Have you checked the boot on the halfshafts? Maybe they've been cut and the grease is gone.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I always offer up to check the push pins holding the rocker panels in place. Underneath the rockers on each side are recesses with the push pins. Stick your hand up in there and make sure the push pins are seated. When they are loose, they create an annoying rattle. It is definitely a rattle noise. Worth a shot.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Car and driver mentioned a clicking in the rear of their vehicle on their long term evaluation, they swapped the tires and rims I believe and it went away.

Have you checked the boot on the halfshafts? Maybe they've been cut and the grease is gone.
I had this happen it was more a clunk than a rattle.

@hp1000 - are you able to reproduce the sound with the car in neutral?

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Raise the car, check for wheel bearing play. Also check torque on axle nuts.
It’s not uncommon for either to be lose or worn out.
Sponsored