Sponsored

Rattle on passenger side

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I noticed this issue this month. When I'm up to around 60 MPH and above, I hear a rattle on the passenger side. I'm the only one in the car usually, so I can't find out where it's coming from. I'm pretty sure it's not coming from the seat. Might be around the speakers area or even the dash or even the glove compartment. I just don't know. :frusty: Even with the radio on, I can hear it. :mad:

Anyone have this issue? I know there are issues with the light switch. That's well known. But as far as I know, this is different from what has been posted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
Mine rattled on the right side of the glove box. Try closing some thick folded paper to the glove box door on the top right side. Mine was fixed by adding a piece of foam inside the right part of the glove box door.

marcobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I think I have the same rattle as you but I believe mine is due to wind noise because of bad body panel alignments. Sounds similar though

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I think I have the same rattle as you but I believe mine is due to wind noise because of bad body panel alignments. Sounds similar though
Wind noise is a known problem. If it's the one I"m thinking of, there is pin size hole on the panel. Tell Ford and they'll have it fixed. Should be a thread about it on here as well.

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mine rattled on the right side of the glove box. Try closing some thick folded paper to the glove box door on the top right side. Mine was fixed by adding a piece of foam inside the right part of the glove box door.
And you describe this solution in a little more detail? Or maybe give a pic?

The form that was added, did you do it or did Ford?

Thanks.

FYI, I probably won't get to try any solutions until next week, as that's when I drive on the highway.

Sponsored

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And you describe this solution in a little more detail? Or maybe give a pic?

The form that was added, did you do it or did Ford?

Thanks.

FYI, I probably won't get to try any solutions until next week, as that's when I drive on the highway.
OK, no problem. I will take a pic for you tomorrow when I drive to work.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Welcome to the club. This is the second time (since October -- 3,500 miles on the car total) I've had the car at the dealer to fix this rattle, and the fourth time I've had it in for rattles in general.

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Welcome to the club. This is the second time (since October -- 3,500 miles on the car total) I've had the car at the dealer to fix this rattle, and the fourth time I've had it in for rattles in general.
What did the dealer try to do? Where did they identify the problem? Did yours happen at high speeds?

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I's sorry for a late reply markology, I completely forgot to do this. Thanks a lot for reminding me.

This is what I did to fix mine. I do not know if your rattle is caused by the same, but here's a quick guide to how I fixed mine.

Take a folded piece of paper and try to place it to several placed in the glovebox door. This is how you see where it works best.

The I took a piece of self adhesive foam, cut a piece and stick it inside where the paper was. Cut it nice and clean (not like me), maybe do two layers and see if it fixes the problem. For me it did.

Sponsored

nolezack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM Performance Pack
I's sorry for a late reply markology, I completely forgot to do this. Thanks a lot for reminding me.

This is what I did to fix mine. I do not know if your rattle is caused by the same, but here's a quick guide to how I fixed mine.

Take a folded piece of paper and try to place it to several placed in the glovebox door. This is how you see where it works best.

The I took a piece of self adhesive foam, cut a piece and stick it inside where the paper was. Cut it nice and clean (not like me), maybe do two layers and see if it fixes the problem. For me it did.

Where did you buy that adhesive foam? :cheers:

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
Thanks for the pics...I too have a very annoying rattle on the passenger side that started just a week ago and is getting worse. It is driving me crazy, but I am a bit OCD :D I tried holding the glove box while driving but I still hear the rattle...but will try it out anyways.

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the pics...I too have a very annoying rattle on the passenger side that started just a week ago and is getting worse. It is driving me crazy, but I am a bit OCD :D I tried holding the glove box while driving but I still hear the rattle...but will try it out anyways.
I'm with you :D Rattling stuff causes me episodes of psychotic rage, I just had to fix it :D

Funny thing, my 2011 Focus had the same rattle caused by the same thing, fixed in the same way. It's probably a Ford thing. :)

Fingers crossed for you guys so the fix works!
Sponsored