Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That must be a European thing. The US-spec cars have the memory seats as part of the package...at least my Premium does.

I do not have the Recaro (but vanilla seats) and I have a Bullitt... I would have understood if it was the Recaro (no electric at all), but the seat has every possible adjustment, more than an average car, and no memory? I mean, it's what? A $20 hardware? When I found it I couldn't believe it.

You must be very tiny to enter to the back sit without moving it, and sometime I did... but people where looking at me like: wtf you bought this amazing car and you cannot move the seat? lol
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That must be a European thing. The US-spec cars have the memory seats as part of the package...at least my Premium does.
It doesn't have to be a big problem.

First, the seat back won't change its angle if you fold it with the release on the back of the seat instead of the angle adjustment on the side.

Second, just make marks on the base and some stationary part, if you aren't able to quickly move the seat back to where it was before by feel.

Third, if you have manual seats, make your glass half full instead of empty by realizing the power seats take a LOT longer to slide forward for rear seat access and to return to driving position than the manual seats do.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I think you quoted the wrong person :)

First, the seat back won't change its angle if you fold it with the release on the back of the seat instead of the angle adjustment on the side.

Second, just make marks on the base and some stationary part, if you aren't able to quickly move the seat back to where it was before by feel.

Third, if you have manual seats, make your glass half full instead of empty by realizing the power seats take a LOT longer to slide forward for rear seat access and to return to driving position than the manual seats do.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yes, that's a European thing. In Europe we get the same seats, with the same electric controls, same heating/cooling and everything, but... wait for it... no memory function!!!
I just don't get it. If there was no such thing on a Mustang to begin with, then I would understand - cost reduction and all. But if the option is already there, and they intentionally remove it from European vehicles, that makes no sense to me. I could have a Focus with memory seats, but not a top of the line Mustang. Not even as an optional extra. Go figure...

It's not a deal breaker. Most of the times I will be the only one to drive the car. But whenever I go to the dealership for the yearly checkup it's one of their guys who takes the car from the parking lot and drives it into the garage. They won't allow me to do that myself, for safety and insurance reasons. Same with the legally mandated vehicle inspection - the guy who performs the brake and suspension tests has to drive the car himself. And they sometimes readjust the driver's seat.
What's the point of all-electric controls if there's no memory?

Last edited:

Five_OhGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Mustang GT Premium/'13 Ford Focus ST ST3
Vehicle Showcase
The stupid panel gap on my dashboard speaker grille. I have an oil change coming up and I'll be bringing it up to get it fixed.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Yes, that's a European thing. In Europe we get the same seats, with the same electric controls, same heating/cooling and everything, but... wait for it... no memory function!!!
I just don't get it. If there was no such thing on a Mustang to begin with, then I would understand - cost reduction and all. But if the option is already there, and they intentionally remove it from European vehicles, that makes no sense to me. I could have a Focus with memory seats, but not a top of the line Mustang. Not even as an optional extra. Go figure...
We don't get seat heating/cooling unless you add an extra "package" though. Did not see memory listed as part of that package, but could be it's there.

It's a cost reduction like many other things I guess, though it would be nice if there was an option to add it.

Yes, they're a bit slow. We don't have much choice in Europe unfortunately.. There are only a handful of customisation available when you order, and manual or memory seats is not an option I've seen.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
We don't get seat heating/cooling unless you add an extra "package" though. Did not see memory listed as part of that package, but could be it's there.

It's a cost reduction like many other things I guess, though it would be nice if there was an option to add it.
Heated/cooled seats are an optional package, indeed. And I've added that. But this package comes without the memory.
You can't have the memory in Europe, not even on the exact same seats that have the memory function in the US. That's stupid.
What's the point of electrically controlled seats with no memory? The memory is the very feature that makes electric seats desirable. Otherwise why not make them manual and save even more money (and weight for that matter)?

Last edited:

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in the previous 78 pages of this topic....but my beef is the arrangement and location of the cruise control buttons. They are not easy to get to where they are placed on the bottom side of the steering wheel spoke and don't seem to me to be intuitive in their arrangement. I use the cruise control buttons much more often than the volume and mute buttons mounted in the steering wheel spoke on the left side...this would have been a much better place for the cruise control buttons and move the volume controls down below the spoke.

Assh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT
I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in the previous 78 pages of this topic....but my beef is the arrangement and location of the cruise control buttons. They are not easy to get to where they are placed on the bottom side of the steering wheel spoke and don't seem to me to be intuitive in their arrangement. I use the cruise control buttons much more often than the volume and mute buttons mounted in the steering wheel spoke on the left side...this would have been a much better place for the cruise control buttons and move the volume controls down below the spoke.
This!

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I use the cruise control buttons much more often than the volume and mute buttons mounted in the steering wheel spoke on the left side...this would have been a much better place for the cruise control buttons and move the volume controls down below the spoke.
But that would have made me unhappy, because I never use the cruise control but I use to fiddle with the audio buttons quite often. :D
You can't please everybody. :blush:

Sponsored

Cemclo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Installed these today. A-freakin-men.
IMG_2524.jpg
I thought that they stopped making those when switched to light weight hoods. Won’t those cause your hood to bend over time?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I thought that they stopped making those when switched to light weight hoods. Won’t those cause your hood to bend over time?
The S550 hood has always been made of aluminum. It is more than strong enough to use these gas struts. No problems with bending.

Last edited:

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Quite a few places make them. Many cars come with them- Ford cut a corner with the prop-rod for the hood. Just one of a few cut corners.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The hood does bend quite a bit with those. I removed them immediately, and just slipped a piece of fuel hose over the rod so I didn't burn myself.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I can't say that I have heard of anyone having problems with the hoods bending. Did you actually see your hood bend? Also, didn't you buy the ones that almost everyone says not to buy?

The hood does bend quite a bit with those. I removed them immediately, and just slipped a piece of fuel hose over the rod so I didn't burn myself.
Sponsored