Radio keeps coming on when car is started

siscot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Performance Package 1
I have a 2019 GT premium. Recently, the last 2 weeks, the radio comes on every time the car is started. I have tried making sure the radio is off when I turn the car off, updated the SYNC software both to no avail. I use apple carplay exclusively for music, navigation, phone, etc. To say I am not a fan of over the airwaves input is an understatement. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks.
Sponsored

Dapsters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 gt premium performance, 22 civic, 95 f150
My car does this with Sirius xm it's really annoying. I haven't had time to go over the settings in depth but in my quick glance over I didn't see anything

If I find anything I'll let you know

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
2018 GT here and it does the same thing. No idea how to turn it off.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE

Sponsored

dbtgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
2018 GT here and it does the same thing. No idea how to turn it off.
I believe it is normal, i.e. it's designed that way.
It stays on all the time the car is running or has accessory power.
I just turn the volume knob down to "0" and I never hear it unless I want to - then I just turn the volume back up if I want to listen. The car system seems to remember the last volume setting from when the car was last shut down, so if the volume is set to "0" when you shut it down, it remains at "0" when you start it back up the next time.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I just turn the volume knob down to "0" and I never hear it unless I want to - then I just turn the volume back up if I want to listen. The car system seems to remember the last volume setting from when the car was last shut down, so if the volume is set to "0" when you shut it down, it remains at "0" when you start it back up the next time.
I think turnoff radio when leav ing car was a good idea in the link

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55

I use my iPhone 12 as media (i.e play songs via YouTube or Soundcloud, etc.) and as a GPS device, Waze in particular. The moment I park the car and pull out the phone, the car switches to XM radio and blasts whatever is playing. I guess you are right, it is designed to be this way. Best bet is to turn down the music OR turn off the radio before pulling out the phone so this doesnt happen.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
pretty sure that's normal, my car either starts up with the radio playing or my music starts playing if phone bluetooth is on

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
thats hilarious, mines the opposite, i start it with audio off everytime which annoys me, bc i bluetooth my phone to the car every time, and rather than reconnect when i get in and turn the music back on from my phone, it just shuts the radio off. and then wehn i turn the radio on, its FM rather than bluetooth audio! it never remembers! old sync in my 2014 was the same, it never remembers bluetooth.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I have the bo with navigation radio if I shut it off using the button it stays off as long as I don't have my phone Bluetooth on. If it is on the car connects and radio turns on .
Hope this helps .

OP
OP

siscot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I'll give that a try. My problem may be a little deeper than just the radio issue. It has developed into asking if we want automatic software updates every time it's started as well.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Thanks, I'll give that a try. My problem may be a little deeper than just the radio issue. It has developed into asking if we want automatic software updates every time it's started as well.
Go to settings and you c an turn off auto updates

OP
OP

siscot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
I have the bo with navigation radio if I shut it off using the button it stays off as long as I don't have my phone Bluetooth on. If it is on the car connects and radio turns on .
Hope this helps .
This solved the problem. Thanks for the input it was greatly appreciated.
Sponsored