Sponsored

Radiator cover necessary?

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
Is the radiator cover necessary?

What is the purpose, besides covering/hiding the radiators?
Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I think also to funnel air

OP
OP

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
Going to test it out this week..

Normal running temps for me are (driving) 204-218 (in traffic)

*weather 84-90 (whole year)

ps. Main reason I would like to remove it, because Iā€™ve a Gt350 (mp concept) hood, the hood is pressing on it. And the hood is perfectly Fitted with the fenders and front bumper. Really donā€™t want to mess up the fitment..

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
That cover is there to keep the incoming airflow directed at the A/C condenser (first unit you see through your grille) and the radiator (behind the A/C condenser) so that both are being adequately cooled properly.

Remove it and you may experience not only hotter under hood temps, but the A/C system may struggle to keep the vehicle cool on hotter days.

If youā€™re a straight liner, true to the bone 24/7/365 drag racer - weight means everything, so gut the car... LOL. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
That cover is there to keep the incoming airflow directed at the A/C condenser (first unit you see through your grille) and the radiator (behind the A/C condenser) so that both are being adequately cooled properly.

Remove it and you may experience not only hotter under hood temps, but the A/C system may struggle to keep the vehicle cool on hotter days.

If youā€™re a straight liner, true to the bone 24/7/365 drag racer - weight means everything, so gut the car... LOL. :)
Hahah, good one.. I think if I stop eating for 2 days, I will loose more weight than that piece of plastic šŸ˜‚..

Its more for my current hood fitment...

the hood its so close, basically pressing on the radiator cover.. it will maybe, almost do the same job as the radiator cover..

also notice the gt350 doesnā€™t have a radiator cover.. but they have a different radiator support with a small shell/panel on top of the radiator

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hahah, good one.. I think if I stop eating for 2 days, I will loose more weight than that piece of plastic šŸ˜‚..

Its more for my current hood fitment...

the hood its so close, basically pressing on the radiator cover.. it will maybe, almost do the same job as the radiator cover..

also notice the gt350 doesnā€™t have a radiator cover.. but they have a different radiator support with a small shell/panel on top of the radiator
oh - gotcha.

Maybe trim the stock radiator cover to look like a GT350 cover? As long as the center section is still in place to keep the incoming airflow directed towards the A/C condenser and radiator, you should be fine. I donā€™t think trimming off the headlight sections would harm anything.

Have you tried adjusting the hood bumpers a little so they are raised slightly? That could also alleviate the direct hood to rad cover contact.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Self castration is one way to achieve weight loss. Ditto removing one's head ..................... :cwl:

OP
OP

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
Ok guys.. got some date after deleting my radiator cover.. after 1 month of testingšŸ˜‚

This Mod wasnā€™t meant to gain nothing, was meant to remove the pressure when Iā€™m closing my aftermarket hood.

But the irony is, it did help with the cooling. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Maybe its the MP concept(gt350) hood helping.

New data; Normal driving Iā€™m Experiencing 192-196F and in (hot) traffic 212-217F

Old data; Normal driving 204-210F and in (hot) traffic 214-220F

Weather: 84/90F
Hood: MP concept Gt350
Mustang: GT premium

Best free mod? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Xavier V
Willemstad, CuraƧao
Sponsored