Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys need help!! I unfortunately on the highway I ran over a steel bar in my 17 mustang gt base model.
The bar cracked the rack and pinion and it needs to be replaced along with other things like oil pan crunched.
I look up the rack and pinions on ford site they list 4 different racks.
So each one is referring to tire sizes so which one do I buy since I am running 20x11s & 9s up front.
It starts at 17in wheels to 20s does anyone know what is the difference between each one.
Thank you
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hey guys need help!! I unfortunately on the highway I ran over a steel bar in my 17 mustang gt base model.
The bar cracked the rack and pinion and it needs to be replaced along with other things like oil pan crunched.
I look up the rack and pinions on ford site they list 4 different racks.
So each one is referring to tire sizes so which one do I buy since I am running 20x11s & 9s up front.
It starts at 17in wheels to 20s does anyone know what is the difference between each one.
Thank you
I hope you’re getting reimbursement from your State, Town or County Highway division. If there is damage to your vehicle from debris left on a public roadway, some States have insurance and if you provide images and receipts for the repair, you can get compensation by reporting it. So check out your State’s Highway or DOT website and find a number to call...

—-

As for the rack, I’m guessing the differences may be due to the available platforms:
GT Base
GT PP
GT Prem w/PP
GT Prem w/o PP

I know there’s differences due to the racks being EPAS and having specific software parameters between all available S550 platforms. I don’t think there’s any physical size differences, but do not know of any online sites that show physical comparison via images of the units.

Can you plug your VIN to zero in on the correct part? You can also try contacting Levittown Ford on here and ask if he can give you the correct part number for your vehicle.

OP
OP
Racerx009

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Hey thanks for replying I am going to try and contact NC highway department. If anything I will go through insurance.
I thought the same about the rack and pinion being for each model.
I am wondering if I can install the pp 20x11s steering since I have the base model. I will contact Levittown and see what they say.
Thank you for your input

I hope you’re getting reimbursement from your State, Town or County Highway division. If there is damage to your vehicle from debris left on a public roadway, some States have insurance and if you provide images and receipts for the repair, you can get compensation by reporting it. So check out your State’s Highway or DOT website and find a number to call...

—-

As for the rack, I’m guessing the differences may be due to the available platforms:
GT Base
GT PP
GT Prem w/PP
GT Prem w/o PP

I know there’s differences due to the racks being EPAS and having specific software parameters between all available S550 platforms. I don’t think there’s any physical size differences, but do not know of any online sites that show physical comparison via images of the units.

Can you plug your VIN to zero in on the correct part? You can also try contacting Levittown Ford on here and ask if he can give you the correct part number for your vehicle.
Sponsored