Sponsored

R parts for GT350's

mjhousto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB, 50 Years AP
From an insurance standpoint, it looks like these cars will be extremely easy to total in any sort of accident what with a handful of parts nearly equaling the value of the car.
Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
It's good to see the high prices on R specific parts it will keep the car more exclusive.
Maybe for OEM sourced parts.

But, since Much of the visuals being spoken about.... Wheels, Splitters and Wing... are made for Ford and not by Ford.

You'll definitely see them in the aftermarket.

There are already front fender Gills for the S550. So although the tracking and width might not be the same between both.... the visual effect will be the same.

People will do a double take and of course ask...is that the new GT350?

Its inevitable.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
From an insurance standpoint, it looks like these cars will be extremely easy to total in any sort of accident what with a handful of parts nearly equaling the value of the car.
Not to sound rude.... But I'm hoping for this, as it will make for some readily available parts for the rest of us.

I would consider buying a totaled "R" for spare parts.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Wow...:eyebulge:

I know I had read somewhere that Ford Performance wanted to discourage cloning. I guess that would be one way to do it.
It sounds crazy and illogical to some but I totally understand having owned a few Cobra and Shelby variants. I don't mind them looking similar or having the same parts as long as they never lie and actually tell people they have one of the special edition cars or use the logos and badges (Boss, Bullitt, Cobra, Shelby, 50th, etc).

You go to a car show and here comes some guy who says....you know the story ...

I honestly prefer the sleeper if your building a real street machine up. Good tires, good shocks, springs, struts, and a full bottle of laughing gas with hidden lines.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Keep in mind this is list pricing while the first batches of cars are being built. Nobody even has one yet, so why wouldn't list pricing be insane until there's something of a surplus of these parts?

List pricing will come down after these cars have been produced for a while and there's a need for the parts aftermarket for damaged cars. Especially if the insurance companies start griping about it I would think.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It's good to see the high prices on R specific parts it will keep the car more exclusive.

I agree. While I can see the desire to add the parts to non R cars...it's really nice to see Ford protecting the value and uniqueness of the R. I imagine they will do the same for the non 350R parts.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
PS - I was told that in order to buy seat covers for an R, they required the VIN number of the car and proof it was for that car. Something new they are doing.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
PS - I was told that in order to buy seat covers for an R, they required the VIN number of the car and proof it was for that car. Something new they are doing.
That is what I read as well. I just can't remember where. It was a statement from Ford Performance. :shrug:

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Don't need high prices for that, Ford can Just require a "R" VIN to purchase the parts

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Don't need high prices for that, Ford can Just require a "R" VIN to purchase the parts
True but maybe the price are just a temporary deterant while they figure out how they are going to regulate it.

Just shows that they are serious about protecting the exclusivity of the car for those that pay the extra.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
True but maybe the price are just a temporary deterant while they figure out how they are going to regulate it.

Just shows that they are serious about protecting the exclusivity of the car for those that pay the extra.
That or they just don't want to deal with producing and stocking excess spare parts for a car with such a limited run

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
^Well...<hint>... Ford doesn't manufacture said parts.
I would have to believe there are contractual obligations of those third party manufacturers not to sell OEM parts to the public but also required to stock some replacement parts as well.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So many troll statements in this thread, so little time.. :rolleyes:

Reactions: _M_

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I agree it is deterrent setting the prices to insane prices to not be selling R parts to build clones.

Another thing is say they, since they don't manufacture the parts, have 50 R spare spoilers in stock for example. They ordered 550 units and 500 go on R's during production. Those extras are intended for actual Rs with issues with their spoilers for warranty replacements, or if one gets damaged in transport. They need to have stock to fix actual R owners' cars with warranty issues.

If local dealers start selling them and they're down to 10 left how are they going to service the actual R owners' cars when those are gone? Ford may only have a contract with the part supplier for X units per model year based on that manufacturer's ability to get raw materials and capacity to build them (CF is hand done and NOT a 1 hour process, but many days sometimes).

I just see the logic in restricting sale of the OEM parts. They have a duty to the actual R owners first and foremost and really not duty to anyone else to sell the parts separately to tack on. They may also have contract restrictions with the manufacturers the the parts will only go on R cars and not sold separately.
Sponsored