Sponsored

R model at msrp?

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, Raptor SCrew, '17 GT350R HR083, E39 Dinan M5
Your not upsetting anyone so you can stop with your "sorry if you don't know as much as I do" attitude. You're not opening any eyes or convincing anyone one way or the other, so relax. It's more amusing than anything - someone who compares the past market performance of a KR and the current GT350(r)...and uses that as a basis for their convictions.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing as the trend certainly is, as hype dies down, prices drop - but as I've said to a couple others who sounded JUST like you - you don't know...and I don't know. It's supply and demand. We don't know how many will actually be built. The demo that this car has been marketed to is hugely different than ever before. Things have changed quite a bit.

While I hope you're right and everyone who wants one of these cars can obtain one and at a price they are comfortable with. The laws of supply and demand doesn't always allow this consumers utopia that you insist is inevitable.

Some of us are smart enough to know, what we don't know. Others try to force their opinions on others.
Total 2008 GT500KR (including prototype units): 1011
Silver Metallic with vista blue stripes: 476
Ebony Black with satin ebony stripes: 328
Colorado Red with silver stripes: 107
Vista Blue with silver stripes: 100

Total 2009 GT500KR production = 712**
Silver Metallic with vista blue stripes: 278
Ebony Black with satin ebony stripes: 236
Colorado Red with silver stripes: 110
Vista Blue with silver stripes: 88

So maybe the KR isnt as limited or as a step up from the regular GT500 but it was produced with less volume and was actually touched by Shelby America in Vegas. Plus that all got signed by Carol before he passed.

I'm holding out for an R but I'm thinking that there might be more competition for the R than there was for the KR. The new Camaro seems more potent than the last so I'm hoping they have a nice Z/28 coming to bring the price down on the R.
Sponsored

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
Your not upsetting anyone so you can stop with your "sorry if you don't know as much as I do" attitude. You're not opening any eyes or convincing anyone one way or the other, so relax. It's more amusing than anything - someone who compares the past market performance of a KR and the current GT350(r)...and uses that as a basis for their convictions.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing as the trend certainly is, as hype dies down, prices drop - but as I've said to a couple others who sounded JUST like you - you don't know...and I don't know. It's supply and demand. We don't know how many will actually be built. The demo that this car has been marketed to is hugely different than ever before. Things have changed quite a bit.

While I hope you're right and everyone who wants one of these cars can obtain one and at a price they are comfortable with. The laws of supply and demand doesn't always allow this consumers utopia that you insist is inevitable.

Some of us are smart enough to know, what we don't know. Others try to force their opinions on others.
Thank you so much for straightening me out! I completed the 9th grade so I'm conversant with the "supply and demand" thing. It appears that you consider your self in a superior position here as evidenced by your ability to judge me and enlighten me on future pricing of SE Mustang offerings. Could you please then tell me exactly what SE Mustang was ultimately impossible to obtain by a willing and capable consumer. I would be very interested to know about this. I guess I'm not quite clear on that subject. Please share a little more of your wisdom.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Thank you so much for straightening me out! I completed the 9th grade so I'm conversant with the "supply and demand" thing. It appears that you consider your self in a superior position here as evidenced by your ability to judge me and enlighten me on future pricing of SE Mustang offerings. Could you please then tell me exactly what SE Mustang was ultimately impossible to obtain by a willing and capable consumer. I would be very interested to know about this. I guess I'm not quite clear on that subject. Please share a little more of your wisdom.

Jesus. A professional debate team member. Are you an engineer, by chance? They hate to be wrong, too - and will run you around in fruitless circles, constantly changing to point of the conversation (as you are) until you forget what you were talking about to begin with.

Welcome to my ever-growing ignore list! You join the ranks of other self-proclaimed know it alls and debate team champions! They're coming out of the woodwork, fellas!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I wouldn't get too excited about the '15 my friend. That might be something of interest to a small number of people right now but in 5 or 10 years it won't mean crap. The same has gone for all the pace cars, anniversary editions of this and that, forget about it.
Unfortunately your opinion is just that, your opinion, as much as you would like to think it as fact.

I believe all of the R's will appreciate at some point, with the MY15s essentially doing so immediately

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
Unfortunately your opinion is just that, your opinion, as much as you would like to think it as fact.

I believe all of the R's will appreciate at some point, with the MY15s essentially doing so immediately
OMG tell me you are not serious. MY 15 GT350s are appreciating from this point on? You are completely clueless if you believe that my man. Unbelievable.

Sponsored

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
Call me "clueless," too. I'll let you know how that works out for me in three years. Until then, I have some "garage art" and an occasional driver to enjoy.
You are buying a brand new car and you honestly believe that your cars market value will increase from day one? You can't possibly believe that.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
You are buying a brand new car and you honestly believe that your cars market value will increase from day one? You can't possibly believe that.
Wow, here you are insulting another person.....there are several cars that have increased from day one. Go do your homework...:crazy:

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
Wow, here you are insulting another person.....there are several cars that have increased from day one. Go do your homework...:crazy:
Did not insult anyone Dude. So you think a Mustang can increase in value from the day that it is purchased? You believe that too?

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Did not insult anyone Dude. So you think a Mustang can increase in value from the day that it is purchased? You believe that too?
This is my last response to you, but yes I do.....A) I have a GT350R coming at $XYZ price, and I will bet that I can sell it right now for more than I paid for it....done (theoretically, it increased in value before I even purchased it..)..:cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
EVERYONE believes that! What is it that you don't get by now!? There are a good amount of vehicles that have appreciated this past year that have gone up immensely in value. You are the only one that seems to not get it at this point.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
2015R could sell his car right now for twice what he paid easily. Shit I'd give him 100k right now for it and I'd think that was a steal!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
OMG tell me you are not serious. MY 15 GT350s are appreciating from this point on? You are completely clueless if you believe that my man. Unbelievable.
If they weren't going to appreciate Ford would not have required owners not sell them for 3 years after purchase. If you can't understand the value of a 1 of 37 (I specically said the R) anniversary car that offers super-car performance at base vette cost, I'm not sure what to tell you. The standard MY15s will also appreciate, just not at the same clip. Either way, I'm pretty sure you will be on my block list in no time :cheers:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Call me "clueless," too. I'll let you know how that works out for me in three years. Until then, I have some "garage art" and an occasional driver to enjoy.
After almost 50 years of purchasing "Blue Oval" cars I purchase the Ford brand for the passion of owning and enjoying the driving experience of a Mustang and in this case a new Mustang Shelby GT350/GT350R.

Having said that with you owning 1 of 37 R models and in my case 1 of 50 Track Pack cars in a 1 of 1 color combination I suggest that our investments in these limited edition cars are a much safer bet than any GM car out there including the 2 year run of the Z28's, any Corvette or any Dodge Viper or Hellcat.

The facts speak for themselves regarding the 2016 Road & Track PCOTY as the Shelby GT350R took on an Italian built car in the Ferrari 488 GTB, 2 German cars as in the Mercedes-AMG GT S along with the Porsche Cayman GT4 and other worthy contenders as in the Dodge Viper ACR and the Corvette Z06 amongst others.

The winner by a runaway vote was the Shelby GT350R and suggest that we enjoy these great GT350's for what they are and let the market decide where the value ends up in the near or long term?

:ford:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
If they weren't going to appreciate Ford would not have required owners not sell them for 3 years after purchase. If you can't understand the value of a 1 of 37 (I specically said the R) anniversary car that offers super-car performance at base vette cost, I'm not sure what to tell you. The standard MY15s will also appreciate, just not at the same clip. Either way, I'm pretty sure you will be on my block list in no time :cheers:
You pretty much nailed it!

But then again what does The Ford Motor Company or Mark Fields know after all these years.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored