Sponsored

Quoted $920 for Lowering Spring Install and Alignment!!

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
One shop may can profit at $450 while another may have to be at $900 to show a profit. Profit being the reason to be in the business. If you have a business for any other reason than to make a profit you probably inherited it and will be the last generation to own it..
Sponsored

1972_todd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Fusion Titanium, 20' Mustang GT Premium
Yep, installation prices are high. I was fortunate to have a friend with a lift and a free Saturday. If not I wasn’t going to do it. Too much of a rip off for labor, but that’s business and something most can’t do on their own.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
People use the " labor" charge too directly. They need to rename it to "tools cost, building costs, building insurance, gen. Liability insurance, social security, wages, etc" charge. Aint nobody pocketing $100/hour at a mechanic shop

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
We would charge right at 700 with alignment. 920 is a tad high but Cali prices is already a tad high.

UglyMutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
You got to pay to play one way or another. You pay a shop or you pay with your own time. I did the ford track pack install and some other IRS parts at the same time over a few days. I enjoy the work when its my car and not a rush as a meditative type of thing but it's not cheaper than paying a decent shop.

You need to ask yourself what your time is worth. Figure out what you make an hour. X4 because it's your free time and that stuff is precocious. Also consider it will take you 1.5 times longer than a shop in most cases. Add in a couple random tools or supplies you need. Now does the shop charge more or less than that?

Everyone needs to eat. Do you really want a guy making $20 per hr to be working on the suspension of your car? Chose your currency, time or money and pay up.
Sponsored