Sponsored

Quit Smoking Thread

TiE2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium, with saddle interior
Ok guys, It's a new year, and as we all know quitting smoking is always at the top of all smokers new year’s resolution lists. Well this year, I'm going to give it my all, I'm bound and determined to quit smoking.

So far I am 91.07 hours smoke free. I wanted to get a few days under my belt, before I made it public that I was serious about quitting.

I'll be sure to update this thread at least once a week on my progress, and if I stumble I’ll be sure to posts those as well.

Also, if anyone else has decided to take the plunge please use this thread as your stomping ground! Be that you are going to quit or are already quit.
Sponsored

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
Nice, Quit cigs and start smoking your tires. I am in Colorado and thinking about starting.

OP
OP
TiE2000

TiE2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Twenty! Unfortunately, I don't have my car yet, so the only tires I'm smoking is the rental truck the dealership gave me... It's been a rough week to be sure, I quit smoking last Friday, thinking I would have my car Saturday, and I could use that first full day of non-smoking, driving around in my new Mustang... It did not work out that way. I'm still waiting for the damn car, I’m niccin for a cigg and itching for my Car! On top of that it's a new year and work stress is through the roof.... ugh... one minute at a time, one minute at a time.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Stopped smoking since Dec 28th. My new years resolution was to quit officially. The only downside is I am eating more food and gained 10 lbs since.

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
Exactly. I smoked at one time in my life. Quit cold turkey while in the Navy. I found that if you find yourself in places that you can't smoke will benefit you. Smoking is a pain in the ass. That's why we have to get you your car. Trica, need some help here!
Seriously, one day at a time, like you said. Next thing you will know twenty years will have passed. Now go Broncos!

Sponsored

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
Stopped smoking since Dec 28th. My new years resolution was to quit officially. The only downside is I am eating more food and gained 10 lbs since.
Now that must hurt to gain that in such a short time

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Told the fiancée six months ago that I would quit when I get my car. I've got a few days left. ;)

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
By the way, iOS users should check out the "Smoke Free" app. It's just a nice log that keeps you in check for that tough first month (or as long as you choose to use it for).

OP
OP
TiE2000

TiE2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly. I smoked at one time in my life. Quit cold turkey while in the Navy. I found that if you find yourself in places that you can't smoke will benefit you. Smoking is a pain in the ass. That's why we have to get you your car. Trica, need some help here!
Seriously, one day at a time, like you said. Next thing you will know twenty years will have passed. Now go Broncos!
I'm quitting cold turkey as well. None of the quit smoking things have helped in the past, in-fact just made me more irraitable! And yes GOOOO BRONCOS!! I'm origionaly from Littleton.

Told the fiancée six months ago that I would quit when I get my car. I've got a few days left. ;)
Get too it man! I found the hardest time so far, is at work.

By the way, iOS users should check out the "Smoke Free" app. It's just a nice log that keeps you in check for that tough first month (or as long as you choose to use it for).
I've got an App like that on my Note 4, pretty cool

Good luck everyone!
+1

Sponsored

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
Ok guys, It's a new year, and as we all know quitting smoking is always at the top of all smokers new year’s resolution lists. Well this year, I'm going to give it my all, I'm bound and determined to quit smoking.

So far I am 91.07 hours smoke free. I wanted to get a few days under my belt, before I made it public that I was serious about quitting.

I'll be sure to update this thread at least once a week on my progress, and if I stumble I’ll be sure to posts those as well.

Also, if anyone else has decided to take the plunge please use this thread as your stomping ground! Be that you are going to quit or are already quit.
Good luck to you. I am a long time smoker (we're never ex-smokers) but haven't had one since mid-September. I went the vape route as a was to get off cigarettes and reduce the dependency on nicotine. So far so good. Vaping is the only thing that has worked for me in the 20 years I've been smoking.

no cigs, no smell, limited withdrawal. Nicotine is part of the addition but not what's harmful to you. Vape is a helpful alternative. The juice that I started with had 18mg of nicotine, I went down to 12mg and now I'm at 8mg. Even when I'm down to 0mg I may still use it from time to time.

OP
OP
TiE2000

TiE2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck to you. I am a long time smoker (we're never ex-smokers) but haven't had one since mid-September. I went the vape route as a was to get off cigarettes and reduce the dependency on nicotine. So far so good. Vaping is the only thing that has worked for me in the 20 years I've been smoking.

no cigs, no smell, limited withdrawal. Nicotine is part of the addition but not what's harmful to you. Vape is a helpful alternative. The juice that I started with had 18mg of nicotine, I went down to 12mg and now I'm at 8mg. Even when I'm down to 0mg I may still use it from time to time.

Thank you Sir! I tried the Vape route as well, made me super nauseous, and it just didn't feel right. Good luck to you as well, I’m hearing bad thing about that vapor... being on par with the bad shit in ciggs... But they could just be scare tactics, haven't really investigated it yet :shrug:

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
Thank you Sir! I tried the Vape route as well, made me super nauseous, and it just didn't feel right. Good luck to you as well, I’m hearing bad thing about that vapor... being on par with the bad shit in ciggs... But they could just be scare tactics, haven't really investigated it yet :shrug:
There is a lot of misinformation. Some due to ignorance and some due to lack of government control (and taxes). Here in Canada cigarettes are heavily taxed and government gets noting from vapers other than sales tax. They are looking to change that.

That said, there's also a lot bad product out there. If anyone is considering it to help quit I'd recommend going to a professional vape store. They will educate on how it works. Never buy the crap from convenience stores.

The juice it primarily vegetable based glycerin, which is basically the same safe stuff used in fog machines. It's there only to create the smoke-like exhale.

There's quite a vape culture building but I don't endorse it beyond a quit smoking aid that is working for me.

As for it making you nauseous, I obviously can't speak to that. I don't know the products you used.

mj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Mercury
Good luck, TiE. I quit, cold turkey, on Dec 2nd after smoking 30-35 or so cigarettes a day, for the last 28 years.

That's over 300,000 cigarettes.

Let me tell ya, it blows. I still want a cig, a couple times an hour I get a craving, but I know it's just my brain messin' with me, and that the craving will end soon ( even if it seems like it drags on for a while ).

Don't use any nicotine alternatives -- it's the nicotine addiction, not cigarettes, that needs to be conquered ( just my opinion -- it's what I've seen from people that have quit for good ).

Be strong, man. I plan on never smoking again, and am well on my way. I hope you do to.

Double D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE - 737
As a former smoker I thought I would put in my two cents. My background: smoked a pack a day for twenty years. I offer the following as what helped me, not to belittle others thoughts or experiences.

So far I am 91.07 hours smoke free.
This far in the nicotine should be out of your system. Now you have to kick the habit. By that I mean, learn to do things without smoking. Whether I was assembling something my wife bought, under the sink or the car, playing golf, drinking....I always had a smoke, it was part of the process. Its like that silly commercial with the people sitting in the car backwards. You have to learn to do things w/o a cigarette in your mouth/hand again. Thats the hard part.

…I am eating more food and gained 10 lbs since.
Weight gain is also a concern. Get to the store and get some stuff that won't hurt you. I made sure I had fruits & veggies, nuts & berries...the stuff you could eat w/o worrying about having too much and I always had it with me. Again its the hand/mouth habit you have to break.

I quit cold turkey and did not use any aids. To me it became a mind set. I decided I would stop smoking. As one who believes I am in command of my actions, to fail at quitting would be admitting to myself that I am not. That would be unacceptable. I quit 8 years ago and that belief kept me from going back.

Good luck to all of you who endeavor to stop, its worth the trip. You will soon feel the benefits. As a smoker you forget what it feels like to feel good!!!http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
Sponsored