Quick Gut Check on Pricing of '18 GT350-Selling to Dealer

Geodudes550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
S550 2018 Mustang GT Premium
Since the OP is selling, not trading, there's no incentive for the dealer to pay more than they offered. They are buying a highly modified car with a transmission problem. The dealer has a very small group of people who they can actually sell this car too. And those people aren't normally looking for a track modified car that needs work at a dealer.
I know that now lol, I didn't see that he was purely selling when I posted.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mikedahammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Since the dealer wrote up that the trans needs to replaced I don't think they change their tune after it was denied by ESP. I wouldn't feel comfortable selling it to someone as is unless they are fully aware of the situation and point them to the posts on here.

The sales agreement is going to say $49,250 for the sale price less $6,750 retail price of transmission. I have not completely ruled out going after Ford ESP in small claims court so that is why I want the sales agreement to be as such.

I really don't think there is a trans issue. A road atlanta it was doing the exacta same thing it did once before with the transmission tone ring TSB and cutting power in 5th. However I am not mechanically inclined on that stuff to truly opine.

I was just going the dealer route only because of moving on easily from it. I have the title and like i said I moved on to a new track car so time is no big deal to me. I just hate paying insurance and taxes on car that has been at the dealer since August 2023.

OP
OP

mikedahammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
First time at Road Atlanta so don't judge me to harshly. If you want to hear and see what it was doing:

If you watch at 1:20, and 3:00 you will see the throttle pressure drop and hear the motor cut power and there is no way I lifted there. It basically happened in 5th gear on the back straight in the same range/spot every time. If you fast forward to the back straight you can basically hear and see it on almost every lap in the same RPM range. Other than that it ran like a champ.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
If the dealership is buying it for that much, you can ber there's nothing wrong with the transmission. Dealerships are out to make money, not do you favors.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’d bet cost on the tranny and oem clutch to the dealer is 28-3200. Then the tech’s time which is 4-5 hours. Master tech depending on area is roughly 45-50/flagged hour. So 45-46k all in. 47k on the high side. List it in the 57-58k range, take mid 50’s. They’ll make out real well. Doesn’t factor in for the back end or if a trade is involved. They don’t care if the tranny is bad or not.

If the dealership is buying it for that much, you can ber there's nothing wrong with the transmission. Dealerships are out to make money, not do you favors.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mikedahammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The car is gone. I went today to say goodbye and swap out some parts with the dealer and do the paperwork. I hadn't seen the car since August of 2023. It is a bittersweet emotion for me with that car. I wish I could have bottled up the sound of the voodoo so I could hear it when I miss it or figure out a way to pump the same sound into my new track car. All good things must come to end and when I dropped it off for repairs almost a year ago I never thought it was the last time I was going to drive it and that it would cause me this much hatred towards Ford regarding track use, but such is life.

I will posting some parts and accessories in the next few weeks in the "for sale" section as I clean out my shed.

I know I will have at least a set of front and rear girodiscs, Coblat XR1 front pads, Cobalt XR3 rear pads, factory OEM front and rear pads--all brand new in box. At least 8 quarts of 5W-50 motorcraft and some other odds and ends like a car cover, xineering autoblip, front hubs, and an aim smarty cam.

If any of that sounds like something you want or are interested in let me know. I would like to sell the rotors local since they are so heavy. I also will have a set of apex rims and either the factory oem heated and cooled comfort or convenience package seats or some sparco qrt seats (if they are the sparco I will probably keep them or sell at the track).

I plan to continue to lurk on this board as I have for years and appreciate all the input and help.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It’s really unfortunate how things worked out. Best of luck.

The car is gone. I went today to say goodbye and swap out some parts with the dealer and do the paperwork. I hadn't seen the car since August of 2023. It is a bittersweet emotion for me with that car. I wish I could have bottled up the sound of the voodoo so I could hear it when I miss it or figure out a way to pump the same sound into my new track car. All good things must come to end and when I dropped it off for repairs almost a year ago I never thought it was the last time I was going to drive it and that it would cause me this much hatred towards Ford regarding track use, but such is life.

I will posting some parts and accessories in the next few weeks in the "for sale" section as I clean out my shed.

I know I will have at least a set of front and rear girodiscs, Coblat XR1 front pads, Cobalt XR3 rear pads, factory OEM front and rear pads--all brand new in box. At least 8 quarts of 5W-50 motorcraft and some other odds and ends like a car cover, xineering autoblip, front hubs, and an aim smarty cam.

If any of that sounds like something you want or are interested in let me know. I would like to sell the rotors local since they are so heavy. I also will have a set of apex rims and either the factory oem heated and cooled comfort or convenience package seats or some sparco qrt seats (if they are the sparco I will probably keep them or sell at the track).

I plan to continue to lurk on this board as I have for years and appreciate all the input and help.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I’m sorry it was such a shit show and was seriously rooting for you when you went to court. Can I ask what the new track car is?

OP
OP

mikedahammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The only track car I have known is the GT350 so I opted for something similar.

In October of 2023 (after the denial) I purchased a 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE. It had 653 miles on it when I bought it and was located a few hours from me so I lucked out finding it. The Camaro now has seats and a half cage welded in like the mustang had.

The Camaro has been to Summit Point, VIR, Mid Ohio, and Pittrace since I bought it and hopefully it stays solid.

I am still planning on taking Ford to small claims so I will fill everyone in what happens with that if it is a story worth telling.
Sponsored