whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Hello all!
I live in Japan (from Detroit though!) and have a 2015 MY here. Ford Japan only sold automatics that year and when Ford Japan pulled out, I bought the last S550 I could get. I always wanted a MT though...

So, a really nice 2018 Ecoboost Premium with MT in Ingot just became available on the import market and Iā€™m super tempted.

I have a few questions though and I hope somebody can help!

1) This is the wheel and stripe package. Are those side stripes easy to take off?

2) Are there any issues if I replace the stock blade spoiler with the 2018 PP spoiler? I like the new PP spoiler, but Iā€™d be worried about seeing adhesive damage after removing the stock blade spoiler since you see more of the trunk lid.

3) Are all of the chin spoilers compatible now? Could I use a GT, PP1 or PP2 spoiler on this Ecoboost without mods to the bumper or belly pan?

4) Is the Ecoboost Premium grill painted shiny black like the GT one?

Thanks!!! Your input will help me decide to buy this car or not!
Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
1) This is the wheel and stripe package. Are those side stripes easy to take off?

2) Are there any issues if I replace the stock blade spoiler with the 2018 PP spoiler? I like the new PP spoiler, but Iā€™d be worried about seeing adhesive damage after removing the stock blade spoiler since you see more of the trunk lid.

3) Are all of the chin spoilers compatible now? Could I use a GT, PP1 or PP2 spoiler on this Ecoboost without mods to the bumper or belly pan?

4) Is the Ecoboost Premium grill painted shiny black like the GT one?
1) I'm sure they are easy for someone to take off that knows what they are doing.

2) No idea

3) If the part number for that bumper/fascia is the same across the board: yes it would be compatible

4) No idea, but there is an aftermarket for those so it shouldn't be a big deal to get it where you want it.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Hello all! I live in Japan (from Detroit though!)
giphy.gif

What in the sam hell is a Detroiter doing in Japan? You know Mustangs are cheap and easy to find in The D, right?

OP
OP
whokilledkaji

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
giphy.gif

What in the sam hell is a Detroiter doing in Japan? You know Mustangs are cheap and easy to find in The D, right?

Haha! Been here for like 15 years, came for work and ended up staying a bit, but yeah! My dad worked for Ford and my family has owned a combined amount of around 14 Mustangs since 1972! I love my brothers ā€˜17 Ecoboost in blue.

Mustangs are expensive here. A Bullit just became available for a very reasonable 83,000 USD.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
1) easy enough
2) no, just make sure to clean it thoroughly. Should use the same mounting holes even.
3) don't believe so, just saw someone else posting about how it didn't fit but I've seen others post about just needing to drill it. There are some ebay ones already that should work just fine and are drilled
4) no
Sponsored