Sponsored

Question on active exhaust operation

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
For those who have the active exhaust, can you confirm if the 2nd exhaust tip (not the one with the active valve based on drive modes) is completely open or completely shut?

My non active exhaust has both tips open, and I know that on the active exhaust one of the tips is controlled by a valve, but not sure how the other one is.
Sponsored

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
One tip is completely open and the other one has the valve that adjusts based on drive modes and throttle position.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_0368.jpeg

IMG_0369.jpeg

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
For those who have the active exhaust, can you confirm if the 2nd exhaust tip (not the one with the active valve based on drive modes) is completely open or completely shut?

My non active exhaust has both tips open, and I know that on the active exhaust one of the tips is controlled by a valve, but not sure how the other one is.
The inner tip has the butterfly valve, when open acts as a straight through muffler, when closed it forces the exhaust through the rest of the baffles exiting solely out of the outer exhaust tip. No valve in the outer only inner.