Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
So I had the H-pipe installed by my local Ford dealer - with whom I have confidence - however, they did not re-install the heat shield. Before I call them on this, I'm curious, what are the down sides to not having the heat shield reinstalled?

And - the H-pipe resonator delete sounds excellent.
You paid them to do the job and they didn’t do it completely. They owe you a completed job.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
spoke the service rep and technician. Said they spent an hour on the heat shield per the instructions (videos) and could not get the shield to stop rattling. Suppose I could have the shield welded on. But what would the down-side / ramifications of not having the heat shield re-installed? Thanks.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
spoke the service rep and technician. Said they spent an hour on the heat shield per the instructions (videos) and could not get the shield to stop rattling. Suppose I could have the shield welded on. But what would the down-side / ramifications of not having the heat shield re-installed? Thanks.
Mine was welded on. As for downsides, delamination and failure of the driveshaft.

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
understood - that's what I thought as well since the driveshaft is directly above. I will get the heat shield welded on.

Tom@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
As the others have said, it’s for the DS right above and the fact that it’s CF it’s just too close to risk it. Have them go back in and attach it with wire ties or weld it

Sponsored

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Is there any way to get the H-Pipe Resonator Delete ..... but keep the resonators? I am running up against an 86db limit at Lime Rock which would be my local track. They really only enforce it if they get phone calls about noise complaints, but I would like to try not to have that happen if possible. I'm guessing you could cut and reweld the resonators back onto the H-Pipe. I'm just looking for a different tone potentially.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any way to get the H-Pipe Resonator Delete ..... but keep the resonators? I am running up against an 86db limit at Lime Rock which would be my local track. They really only enforce it if they get phone calls about noise complaints, but I would like to try not to have that happen if possible.
You could buy the H and have a shop weld the stock resonators onto it. Or, you could get some Solo Performance (or the like) resonators and have them welded on the H. I almost did this, but went back to a completely stock exhaust.

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
You could buy the H and have a shop weld the stock resonators onto it. Or, you could get some Solo Performance (or the like) resonators and have them welded on the H. I almost did this, but went back to a completely stock exhaust.
Thanks Jamie, I think that is what I am going to do. I think the Lethal H pipe reduces to the factory size where as the LTH H-Pipe runs 2.75" the entire length if memory serves me right.

rxsamg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
'97 Cobra Conv,'22 GT500 N1107 Atlas Blue
Jamie,
What made you decide to go back to stock?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Jamie,
What made you decide to go back to stock?
Sound is subjective, so I will say this is the reason. Personally I think the car sounded better completely stock. I think the "loudness" the resonator delete gave me was just more noise, and not in a good way. I did not like the amplified popping either.

I will say this is all on me, not the pipe itself. The quality of the pipe is excellent. It just did not sit well with me, sound wise.

rxsamg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
'97 Cobra Conv,'22 GT500 N1107 Atlas Blue
Sound is subjective, so I will say this is the reason. Personally I think the car sounded better completely stock. I think the "loudness" the resonator delete gave me was just more noise, and not in a good way. I did not like the amplified popping either.

I will say this is all on me, not the pipe itself. The quality of the pipe is excellent. It just did not sit well with me, sound wise.
Interesting. I'm not sure if you heard my '97 Cobra when I was loading onto the trailer at Carlisle. (Not that it was loud) It's a bassani catted x-pipe with magnaflow cat back. I checked out dozens of options back when I finally decided on this combo. Is it a little louder than stock, yes. But the 4.6 isn't raspy & my goal was a tuned deep bassy sound. Borla sounding is the best way I could describe it. There were reasons many years ago I didn't go Borla (mainly availability & cost back then)

Fast forward to barely 3 months with the GT500 so far & I was hoping hearing the aftermarket h-pipes would reduce some raspiness & get that deeper tone but so far I haven't heard any that seem significant enough for me to pull the trigger. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of the '22 but do miss a bit the sound of the prev generations 500's with Borla exhaust. That deep tuned sound.
Sponsored