Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

seely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
seedy
Vehicle(s)
none
I'll investigate that thread. Thanks for pointing me in the direction.

Got a video of what it is doing without the stall. I was taking my son to school this morning and it continues to do it so it's not going away any time soon. Now imagine it does this (see video) but stalls out completely at a stoplight, on a hill, in traffic. No Bueno.

What octane are you running? Did you install the SC yourself?

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Honestly if your buying the Roush and your cars fairly new in most cases you bought it to have the 3yr/36 warranty.

That said, imho the only good option to cool the 18 up kit is a KC or E85

Why, The KC truly cools the small intercooler down. Now you can also go E85 which protects high IATS2 too.

Both together are even better, But at that point the Roush loses its warranty

For a fun street car u occasionally race at the track the Roush is great ( I know I had one) but if you’re looking to tune it I’d be looking at the Whipple or Odin
I 100% agree and I'm assuming KC = killer chiller.

I'm one of the rare cases.
I voided warranty by installing the SC myself short after buying the car.
I like the Roush kit because it's a clean and straight forward install. No spliced wires. It looks like it belongs under the hood. The provided Roush phase 2 tune is plenty fast enough for me as long as it's not pulling timing.

Warranty or not, it's dealer serviceable.
All of my vehicles go to the dealer at major service intervals for at least the safety inspection, recalls, and record keeping purposes.
I've had some pretty bad experiences with dealers touching modified cars. It's convenient that Ford service understands Roush hardware and software. I can drop the car off at the dealer if I don't feel like working on it. There's good chance that I won't be sent home with an aftermarket component malfunctioning.

It's great to not have to pack my trunk with tools before heading to a service apt!

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Just had my Roush P2 2650 Tuned, along with LTH. Makes a big difference. Can't wait to get this to the track soon.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
What octane are you running? Did you install the SC yourself?
94 octane.

No the Ford Dealership near me is installing it. Today marks the end of the third week they've been working on it although I did have it for Friday - Tuesday morning of last week.

Last edited:

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3 Mustang, 1967 Chevy Chevelle
Just had my Roush P2 2650 Tuned, along with LTH. Makes a big difference. Can't wait to get this to the track soon.

Seat of the pants difference? WHo did you have tune it?

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I really don’t see where it would be possible to get more midrange torque rpm the Roush phase 2 kit from the tune. Sotp is usually based on torque. Top end power, maybe there’s some room for improvement there.

seely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
seedy
Vehicle(s)
none
94 octane.

No the Ford Dealership near me is installing it. Today marks the end of the third week they've been working on it although I did have it for Friday - Tuesday morning of last week.
Roush tune is for 91-93 but not sure if that really would affect anything here.

Your situation is a little different since you had them install. But assuming everything was installed correctly, I would just ship the computer out to Roush to have them install the tune just to rule that out.

I hope i'm not on the same boat. I'm wrapping the install up as we speak and going to do the reflash soon. Roush phase 2 on a stock 2019.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX

Your situation is a little different since you had them install. But assuming everything was installed correctly, I would just ship the computer out to Roush to have them install the tune just to rule that out.

I hope i'm not on the same boat. I'm wrapping the install up as we speak and going to do the reflash soon. Roush phase 2 on a stock 2019.
[/Tuners?

Just curious, why did you go with a roush on a 19?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

I hope I'm not on the same boat. I'm wrapping the installation up as we speak and going to do the reflash soon. Roush phase 2 on a stock 2019.
We will see what happens! It's with the Roush engineering team right now to figure it out. When they gave it back to me Wednesday they cleared all the codes, I drove it for 0.5km and took it back after it stalled. Today the lady I was dealing with said there are codes showing "Can't communicate to gateway" and "Can't communicate with throttle body module" (or maybe she said body control module). So it's sitting with Roush.

Fingers crossed. I can't imagine being 94 octane in the tank vs 93 would make a difference in any way shape or form?

seely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
seedy
Vehicle(s)
none
We will see what happens! It's with the Roush engineering team right now to figure it out. When they gave it back to me Wednesday they cleared all the codes, I drove it for 0.5km and took it back after it stalled. Today the lady I was dealing with said there are codes showing "Can't communicate to gateway" and "Can't communicate with throttle body module" (or maybe she said body control module). So it's sitting with Roush.

Fingers crossed. I can't imagine being 94 octane in the tank vs 93 would make a difference in any way shape or form?
Thanks, yeah let us know. I'm interested to know whats going on.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I can't imagine being 94 octane in the tank vs 93 would make a difference in any way shape or form?
It won't. This setup runs perfectly fine on PetroCanada's 94 octane gas.

Reactions: MCS

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
I really don’t see where it would be possible to get more midrange torque rpm the Roush phase 2 kit from the tune. Sotp is usually based on torque. Top end power, maybe there’s some room for improvement there.
Seat of the pants feel is much better. The Trans tune is worth it alone. The car now shifts at 7700 RPMs. Roush tune seems soft at tip in. I also had delayed pedal response at WOT. Tune fixed that as well.

Last edited:

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT

seely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
seedy
Vehicle(s)
none
Looks like a spoke to soon, wont be finishing the install today. 🤬 bummed thought I'd be able to drive it today...Probably going to take them a week to send it. The kit came directly from Roush.

The airbox seems to be the wrong part. The bolts on the air filter tube don't line up with the box, the cover doesn't match the box and there's a huge gap between the tube and the box.

Part number in the instructions is 131550-9A612 and the part number on the actual box is 1115-9A612-BA

IMG_7688.JPG

IMG_7692.JPG

IMG_7690.JPG

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I'm very sorry to hear you are also having issues with the Roush kit. You are not alone!