Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford f150 2019 mustang gt
No dog in this fight anymore but with as many Roush 2650’s running around you would think there would be some data out there on how good or bad the Max Cooling Kit or the upgraded intercooler brick works in keeping IAT2’s down?
I talked to a guy that had that kit installed and asked him his iats. No astonishing improvements.

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford f150 2019 mustang gt
I'm just here to learn. I agree, I hope that advances are made so that cooling is not the boogeyman man for these blowers as much as it is now. I'd like to be able to run 9s fairly easily on pump gas. I'm sure a pulley swap a few sizes down, some meth for temp, and a little boostane would get there. But I feel like I'm always going to want a little more.
I ran a 10.01 on 93. Went e85 but never got to go back to the drag strip.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Ahh yes I went over to the dark side lol.
Last summer I contacted 3 dealers about ordering a GT500. All took my name and agreed to call me when they had allocation. None of them ever called. I ended up going in an entirely different direction. It is probably for the best from a financial perspective but I still wonder what could have been. LOL

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Last summer I contacted 3 dealers about ordering a GT500. All took my name and agreed to call me when they had allocation. None of them ever called. I ended up going in an entirely different direction. It is probably for the best from a financial perspective but I still wonder what could have been. LOL
The way dealerships and Ford are handling this whole GT500 process is ridiculous. When I bought mine in February they were trying to get $15K ADM and I negotiated to get it down to $6,100 which is still outrageous, but I bit the bullet and made the deal. This same dealer is now asking $25K over on 2022 orders which is outrageous.

The car is leaps and bounds better in every area over my 19 Roush Stage 3 and thankfully I have no buyers remorse. If I remember correctly you went with a BMW M vehicle correct?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
The way dealerships and Ford are handling this whole GT500 process is ridiculous. When I bought mine in February they were trying to get $15K ADM and I negotiated to get it down to $6,100 which is still outrageous, but I bit the bullet and made the deal. This same dealer is now asking $25K over on 2022 orders which is outrageous.

The car is leaps and bounds better in every area over my 19 Roush Stage 3 and thankfully I have no buyers remorse. If I remember correctly you went with a BMW M vehicle correct?
Yes, I replaced two vehicles with one. I had a Lincoln Continental and the Mustang. I now have a BMW M550. I recently ran it at the strip....11.6 @ 123 completely stock.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yes, I replaced two vehicles with one. I had a Lincoln Continental and the Mustang. I now have a BMW M550. I recently ran it at the strip....11.6 @ 123 completely stock.
Wow that’s impressive stock. I believe it’s AWD so you can probably jump out on most vehicles even if they are faster. They are beautiful cars and the M5 and M550i are my favorite BMW’s.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Wow that’s impressive stock. I believe it’s AWD so you can probably jump out on most vehicles even if they are faster. They are beautiful cars and the M5 and M550i are my favorite BMW’s.
With the Mustang, I would drive to the strip 110 miles away carrying 2 drag radials, a jack, a cordless impact and an air compressor in the trunk with the seats folded down. Changing tires at the track and then changing back to street tires became a pain in the ass. With AWD, I just drive around the burn-out box, stage and go.

I still miss the Mustang but the BMW is an awesome combination of luxury, comfort, technology and performance.

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
As for the intercooler brick I only know of one in existence that @MiDiablo has (sorry Josh to throw you in the mix 😁) and will be testing when he has time to since he runs a very busy shop and business. Until then we can only speculate and ponder what effects it will have on iat2’s and once again is the cost worth the reward.
I have the brick and finally have the killer chiller in hand, complete, ready for install. I'm really struggling with the idea of installing it, though. After having removed several for issues, and having later found InterChiller out of AUS. Alas, I'm only waiting now on the blower to return from powdercoat and then we'll be installing the new brick and retesting.

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I have the brick and finally have the killer chiller in hand, complete, ready for install. I'm really struggling with the idea of installing it, though. After having removed several for issues, and having later found InterChiller out of AUS. Alas, I'm only waiting now on the blower to return from powdercoat and then we'll be installing the new brick and retesting.
Would be nice to get some testing of just the new brick to see what gains can be had if any.

Lunchabull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Roush 2650
No dog in this fight anymore but with as many Roush 2650’s running around you would think there would be some data out there on how good or bad the Max Cooling Kit or the upgraded intercooler brick works in keeping IAT2’s down?
I have the Roush upgraded intercooler and the max cooling kit its usually about 30-40 degrees above ambient for me. Last week we had some hotter days around mid 80's and when cruising it was around 115ish. Overall im pretty impressed with it so far.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I have the Roush upgraded intercooler and the max cooling kit its usually about 30-40 degrees above ambient for me. Last week we had some hotter days around mid 80's and when cruising it was around 115ish. Overall im pretty impressed with it so far.
Upgraded intercooler or heat exchanger?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
If the Ford dealerships were selling the GT500 cars at MSRP, I would have one already or I would have on order. No question about it. It's not about price, because my Roush wasn't cheap either. It's about that ADM. Not going to do it. I had a chance to order my GT500 at $3,500 bucks ADM, but declined years ago. That was for a 2020 GT500.