Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I see higher temps than I like in Michigan also. Didn't you get an ice box at one time? Have you thought about a KC?
I have a Killer Chiller in the garage waiting to go on.... should be done by the end of the month. Everything I have seen in regards to the results of installing a KC is what I am aiming towards. I'll have to get a BAP too... then I'll shoot for 9's.... I've already run 10.4 at 133. Iat2's on that run started at 126 and ended at 155.... there is more in this car for sure.... 60' was a 1.7 on that run...

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
i have the phase 2 exchanger and that email is based on the vmp tune.... not roush.... the iat2s you say you have are not normal.... they are significantly lower than most.

on

At that time I had the phase 2 h/e and they are referring to the VMP tune... The fact that you have seen no higher than 140 at the end of a pull is INSANE.... even more so on an 80 degree day....

The other day it was 66 out and I did a nice pull on the highway... iat2's at the beginning? 120.... iat2's at the end? 146...
If it was only 66 and your IAT2 was 120 when moving, that seems abnormal to me unless you were stuck idling in traffic or something. How long was the pull that picked up 26 degrees?

I will freely admit that I have not had any impressive times yet. On a 65 degree day, I ran 11.2 @ 128 but the low fuel pressure CEL came on at 99 mph so I went home. After getting that fixed, a few weeks later, when temps were in the low 80s, I ran 3 times and was consistently in the 11.3 range. Could not get a 60 out of the 1.9-2.1 range to save my ass. I just kept blowing the tires off. Car seemed to pull well once hooked, though.

I then got the new cal but it had the 123 bug so didn't bother running again.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Killer Chiller in the garage waiting to go on.... should be done by the end of the month. Everything I have seen in regards to the results of installing a KC is what I am aiming towards. I'll have to get a BAP too... then I'll shoot for 9's.... I've already run 10.4 at 133. Iat2's on that run started at 126 and ended at 155.... there is more in this car for sure.... 60' was a 1.7 on that run...
Can't wait to see what you can do with the KC.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
If it was only 66 and your IAT2 was 120 when moving, that seems abnormal to me unless you were stuck idling in traffic or something. How long was the pull that picked up 26 degrees?

I will freely admit that I have not had any impressive times yet. On a 65 degree day, I ran 11.2 @ 128 but the low fuel pressure CEL came on at 99 mph so I went home. After getting that fixed, a few weeks later, when temps were in the low 80s, I ran 3 times and was consistently in the 11.3 range. Could not get a 60 out of the 1.9-2.1 range to save my ass. I just kept blowing the tires off. Car seemed to pull well once hooked, though.

I then got the new cal but it had the 123 bug so didn't bother running again.

Nah..... 120 is pretty normal. In 60 degree weather it will creep down to 100, but as soon as I make a pull it's back up....

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
Oddly was reading on the odin thread most say they are seeing 30-40 above ambient iat2’s after all the bashing the roush has received and the fact lund wont tune it but the odin is basically the same supercharger with a larger throttle body and the loki would be the same with a smaller tb. Idk abt the heat soak or recovery times/temps but for a inverted blower i had assumed the intercoolers would have done much better than the roush.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
A Wisconsin track had a test/tune yesterday that was originally supposed to start at 9. Temps were in the 40s at that time! They first delayed the start until 10:30 but that turned into noon. Temps had risen to 63.....still very good.

I made 3 runs back to back. Unfortunately, there were so many cars, each run was separated by 30 minutes waiting in staging lines. The car is super consistent as you can see with the last run slightly better. I would love to blame tires or track prep for my poor 60s but it is probably my fault. Fine line between too soft and too hard of a launch. If I could ever hit the sweet spot and get a 60 in the 1.5 range, the car would have a 10.8 or better in it.

There were 3 other S550s there on DRs and all were in the low 12s. They were great guys and we had a lot of fun. My car is in the right lane. The green Mustang in the left.

20210418_063358.jpg

20210417_105032.jpg

Last edited:

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Oddly was reading on the odin thread most say they are seeing 30-40 above ambient iat2’s after all the bashing the roush has received and the fact lund wont tune it but the odin is basically the same supercharger with a larger throttle body and the loki would be the same with a smaller tb. Idk abt the heat soak or recovery times/temps but for a inverted blower i had assumed the intercoolers would have done much better than the roush.
Be careful about how you compare. I’ve been looking at a lot of manifold charge temp data (MCT, IAT2) in hopes of improving mine. There’s a big difference between settle-out temp and wot temp. MCT with my Whipple kit will settle out 15-25 deg over ambient and I would like to improve this. Ever 15 deg MCT = 1 deg spark advance when knock limited = 20 hp. I suspect the quoted temps are settle-out temps. For wot, I’m looking at a roush phase 2 log where it had settled out 35-40 deg over ambient. At wot the MCT shoots up quickly and at the end of a 9 second pull, MCT was 75 deg over ambient.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I just love this sound!

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I just love this sound!

I haven’t followed this ridiculously long thread in a while. Car sounds freaking great. Can you hear any whine underneath the growl? What’s your best pass? Have you dynoed it?

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
A Wisconsin track had a test/tune yesterday that was originally supposed to start at 9. Temps were in the 40s at that time! They first delayed the start until 10:30 but that turned into noon. Temps had risen to 63.....still very good.

I made 3 runs back to back. Unfortunately, there were so many cars, each run was separated by 30 minutes waiting in staging lines. The car is super consistent as you can see with the last run slightly better. I would love to blame tires or track prep for my poor 60s but it is probably my fault. Fine line between too soft and too hard of a launch. If I could ever hit the sweet spot and get a 60 in the 1.5 range, the car would have a 10.8 or better in it.

There were 3 other S550s there on DRs and all were in the low 12s. They were great guys and we had a lot of fun. My car is in the right lane. The green Mustang in the left.

20210418_063358.jpg

20210417_105032.jpg

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I haven’t followed this ridiculously long thread in a while. Car sounds freaking great. Can you hear any whine underneath the growl? What’s your best pass? Have you dynoed it?
No whine at all. I am not sure a TVS blower has any whine. Best so far is 10.9@129. I know there is more to be had if I can just 60 better. Never on a dyno. Car is heavy and fully optioned with stock Roush tune. I will eventually get a 10.8 or better out of it.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
No whine at all. I am not sure a TVS blower has any whine. Best so far is 10.9@129. I know there is more to be had if I can just 60 better. Never on a dyno. Car is heavy and fully optioned with stock Roush tune. I will eventually get a 10.8 or better out of it.
They whine. Loud exhausts drown it out in the cabin very easily.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
U went 10’s after a long hiatus
It will only go faster now

So happy for you Bruce
I am happy with the consistency but disappointed in myself for not getting a 1.5-1.6 60 foot time. Other guys gave done it. I will too.