Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I’m wondering how it’s possible that LMR did a dyno on a Phase 1 Kit w/10 speed auto and put down 641whp/567tq. That’s impressive if that’s really the case.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I’m wondering how it’s possible that LMR did a dyno on a Phase 1 Kit w/10 speed auto and put down 641whp/567tq. That’s impressive if that’s really the case.

Yeah that would be very impressive. That's in the neighborhood of around 800hp.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
A bit off topic at the moment but I know some of you guys have mentioned this a while ago. The roush throttle feel is definitely on the lazy side, even compared to stock. I used to have a Lund tuned 2018 before this so I definitely miss the sharp throttle response. I just put on a SpeedForm Throttle Controller and it has definitely eliminated a lot of the lazy feel of the Roush tune. For a 100 bucks it's not a bad investment.
I know it's totally different, but the Ram truck guys run something similar called the Pedal Commander.
Supposed to get rid of the lag of the tip in.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Happy dyno’s, don’t believe all the hype Numbers are just that, numbers

Most 18 Phase 1 canned tuned cars through an A10 are good for 590-600RW, maybe a bit more custom tuned

The P2 canned tune through an A10 has shown 620-640RW, maybe a few guys have hit a bit higher number but u can’t go by that because dyno numbers can be funny business

Has anyone even custom tuned a 18-20 P2 yet?

The point is, the P2 really doesn’t need more power, all it needs is a bit more snappy throttle response down below 3000, harder upshifts.

That’s it....

As far as a BAP, it’s a good idea if u custom tune any kit as most companies will want you to install one

As far as the 775HP rated Roush, who knows, personally it could be a way Roush offers a P3 for us P1 or P2 guys?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Happy dyno’s, don’t believe all the hype Numbers are just that, numbers

Most 18 Phase 1 canned tuned cars through an A10 are good for 590-600RW, maybe a bit more custom tuned

The P2 canned tune through an A10 has shown 620-640RW, maybe a few guys have hit a bit higher number but u can’t go by that because dyno numbers can be funny business

Has anyone even custom tuned a 18-20 P2 yet?

The point is, the P2 really doesn’t need more power, all it needs is a bit more snappy throttle response down below 3000, harder upshifts.

That’s it....

As far as a BAP, it’s a good idea if u custom tune any kit as most companies will want you to install one

As far as the 775HP rated Roush, who knows, personally it could be a way Roush offers a P3 for us P1 or P2 guys?
Exactly right. I had mine on a Dynojet dyno this past September after doing some mods and the numbers were higher than I know they really are, but I really didn't care. As long as the thing runs strong that's all I really care about.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
It was 90 degrees here in Minneapolis today. Cruising at highway speed, my iat2 was 125-127....not bad at all. Performance felt very strong. If timing was being pulled, I sure couldn't feel it. The Roush design may have flaws but they have done a decent job making it as good as it can be.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
You guys experiencing lazy shifts don't have the latest cal or tweaks to the latest cal. You're talking like it's the settled gospel. I can tell you 100% the shifts are much improved over what I had on phase 1. There's zero bucking, lag, cut in power, and etc. Your cal just sucks ass. If the new cal (most likely two above many of you) is a regression then we will see...

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
It was 90 degrees here in Minneapolis today. Cruising at highway speed, my iat2 was 125-127....not bad at all. Performance felt very strong. If timing was being pulled, I sure couldn't feel it. The Roush design may have flaws but they have done a decent job making it as good as it can be.
Do multiple 60-100+ pulls and see where the temps end up.... they'll get up there. They'll come down cruising, but they'll get there.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Do multiple 60-100+ pulls and see where the temps end up.... they'll get up there. They'll come down cruising, but they'll get there.
On the one run I had at the drag strip, iat2 was lower at the end than at the start.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I did multiple as in 6 or 7 from various starting points over a 45 minute period. in the range of 0-123. It never gets over 50-60 above ambient no matter how hard you push it. Just got out of the car on a 88 degree day after pushing it pretty hard, turned it off, let it set, checked the iat2's 170. Turned it back on and it feel back down to 143 sitting in my hot garage not moving. Not the best but much better. I was spinning the tires from a 60 roll still with those iat2s.. It doesn't pull timing as much as it did on phase 1

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The shifts aren’t soft, they kinda buck u, it’s weird almost like a delay. There not soft, just kinda sloppy I guess would be the better word. I haven’t waffled it in Drag mode even on the DR because it will break them loose and fall in its face once it catches. Roush has some kind of nannies in the trans strategies, hopefully they’ll get rid of it with the revision.

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I remember seeing in this thread some of you guys were having issues with the car going into limp mode after a few WOT pulls on the 2018/2019s. Is this still the case?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
With the cal I have, drag mode is really no different than just putting the shifter in sport position. Shifts are not nearly as firm or fast as drag mode was when stock. It pulls power before the shift....my head snaps forward..shifts....power is reapplied....my head gets pushed back.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
With the cal I have, drag mode is really no different than just putting the shifter in sport position. Shifts are not nearly as firm or fast as drag mode was when stock. It pulls power before the shift....my head snaps forward..shifts....power is reapplied....my head gets pushed back.
Yep Bruce that’s the weird trans shift feeling, I hate it too

As far as limp mode, I don’t believe any P2 have gone into limp mode?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The shifts aren’t soft, they kinda buck u, it’s weird almost like a delay. There not soft, just kinda sloppy I guess would be the better word. I haven’t waffled it in Drag mode even on the DR because it will break them loose and fall in its face once it catches. Roush has some kind of nannies in the trans strategies, hopefully they’ll get rid of it with the revision.
yeah I don’t get that at all. I know you guys don’t believe me but I’m going to video it. It’s so smooth you don’t even realize it shifted. Until
It gets to 123mph and you hit a wall. They had to fix the lower gear shifting and in the process messed up 6th to 7th on mine.