Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
well finally at the end of the day i got a diagnosis, a pretty weak one but its the best i have gotten so far.
106 DAYS TO GET A DIAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really wish roush would have called me with the info instead of tindol but that is out of my hands. they told me the roush engineer flew in and had my car and a roush stage 3 doing the same thing. Makes me wonder if they came because the stage 3 car or if they would have came for only mine. I got a long story about how he was able to bounce back and fourth between the 2 cars to test his theory and really pinpointed the issue to a specific RPM you know kind of like i have been telling them the entire time. Anyway they narrowed it down to the knock sensor. Did not specify if its a true knock or if its a false reading. roush took the data from the 2 cars back to Michigan and the crack team of engineers will determine how to fix it.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
well finally at the end of the day i got a diagnosis, a pretty weak one but its the best i have gotten so far.
106 DAYS TO GET A DIAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really wish roush would have called me with the info instead of tindol but that is out of my hands. they told me the roush engineer flew in and had my car and a roush stage 3 doing the same thing. Makes me wonder if they came because the stage 3 car or if they would have came for only mine. I got a long story about how he was able to bounce back and fourth between the 2 cars to test his theory and really pinpointed the issue to a specific RPM you know kind of like i have been telling them the entire time. Anyway they narrowed it down to the knock sensor. Did not specify if its a true knock or if its a false reading. roush took the data from the 2 cars back to Michigan and the crack team of engineers will determine how to fix it.
Was it even a knock code that was being thrown?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Thank God!!!
About time. Good luck and keep us posted brother.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Hope you get the properly working car back soon. :like:

What was the octane used? Guess it was 93?

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Been kicking around the idea of doing a Alky Control system. From what it sounds like, I need a kit designated as MAP instead of MAF right? Probably need to call them and see what they recommend.
Sorry been crazy busy so I haven't been on here. You will want to get a system that comes on with boost. Meth injection works wonders for cooling charge air. Did you ever find a system you liked?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Sorry been crazy busy so I haven't been on here. You will want to get a system that comes on with boost. Meth injection works wonders for cooling charge air. Did you ever find a system you liked?
not yet. Haven’t called the vendors but sounds like no one makes a direct kit for this setup.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Hope you get the properly working car back soon. :like:

yes to 93. Tindol questioned me on that then proceeded to drive the car until it was empty to put more fuel in it. Im still skeptical even with this diag.
I would think, if there is a legit knock, its from pre detonation caused by high AIT2 temps. now that ambient temps have dropped,, the problem wont show its self as much. If i ever get roush back on the phone again (they always tell me the person on my case is not available and will return my call) I will ask for the cooling upgrade they now have available at their cost.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I run 91 on my 2019.. I ran 91 on my 2018 with the same kit. THIS HAS TO BE SOME SHITTY GAS for them to say it's an octane issue.

yes to 93. Tindol questioned me on that then proceeded to drive the car until it was empty to put more fuel in it. Im still skeptical even with this diag.
I don't blame you. I don't think octane is the issue but then, we don't have the same ECU apparently.

What drive mode do you use?

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
After a lot of reading and deliberations I decided to go for the Ford Performance M-6066-M8 kit for my 2021 Mustang GT. I don't race, but do like to know I have the extra power when I need it. Question...is the Ford Performance kit identical to the Roush 422184 kit ? I looked before posting...but could not have a definitive answer. I looked at the pic of both kits and it appears the exact same, just wanted to make sure. They both are indicated at 750hp but wondering if you get the upgraded cooling with the Ford kit....dealer says my Ford Performance kit will be in next week. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
After a lot of reading and deliberations I decided to go for the Ford Performance M-6066-M8 kit for my 2021 Mustang GT. I don't race, but do like to know I have the extra power when I need it. Question...is the Ford Performance kit identical to the Roush 422184 kit ? I looked before posting...but could not have a definitive answer. I looked at the pic of both kits and it appears the exact same, just wanted to make sure. They both are indicated at 750hp but wondering if you get the upgraded cooling with the Ford kit....dealer says my Ford Performance kit will be in next week. Thanks in advance.
They are the same kit

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
I run 91 on my 2019.. I ran 91 on my 2018 with the same kit. THIS HAS TO BE SOME SHITTY GAS for them to say it's an octane issue.

I don't blame you. I don't think octane is the issue but then, we don't have the same ECU apparently.

What drive mode do you use?
no drive modes for me. base model. i was going for all go no show.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
no drive modes for me. base model. i was going for all go no show.
Damn.. That sucks.. My 300A was about .3 second slower but didn't have any of the issues you describe. I am not convinced it's an octane issue but..