Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Because this thread is full of complaints about fuel pump related issues? If the increase in cooling and octane result in more HP, do you not need more fuel? (honest question)
Well for me the only reason I would use water/ meth is to help cool the Iat2’s which is just gonna help with timing not being pulled. Now if you go with multiple nozzles into the motor itself then that is a different story. In all honesty these Roush kits should come with an upgraded fuel pump or at minimum a BAP to help with the extra fuel that is needed for a boosted setup.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Well for me the only reason I would use water/ meth is to help cool the Iat2’s which is just gonna help with timing not being pulled.
I do live in AZ :) That is my goal.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Well, the Mustang is sold. Damn, I feel like I just lost the girl of my dreams.....beautiful, perfect body, great sex, smart, and personality plus. Unfortunately, she was a mistress and I am married to my Continental, my Ranger and our Taurus. I know letting her go was logical and made financial sense but seeing her leave will be emotional. :crying:

What is next....GT 500, maybe......? Wait, I need to relax and not do anything on the rebound. :crazy:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Well, the Mustang is sold. Damn, I feel like I just lost the girl of my dreams.....beautiful, perfect body, great sex, smart, and personality plus. Unfortunately, she was a mistress and I am married to my Continental, my Ranger and our Taurus. I know letting her go was logical and made financial sense but seeing her leave will be emotional. :crying:

What is next....GT 500, maybe......? Wait, I need to relax and not do anything on the rebound. :crazy:
I am sorry for your love loss. That said, the rebound affair can be fun and short lived. Like a hot burning fire that fades fast. GT500, Z06 whatever it may be. But soon you will find your way back from what led you astray 😉

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3

I wish you success as I sold my 2017 RS3 4 months ago and then bought it back as in my post a few back in this thread.
I really does hurt to see them go.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I wish you success as I sold my 2017 RS3 4 months ago and then bought it back as in my post a few back in this thread.
I agree it is emotional. I enjoyed 3 1/2 years with it and made some new friends because of it.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Maybe I will go to Florida and move in next door to Stymee. Lol.
Plenty of room Bruce so come on down, lololol

Sad to see your GT go buddy but like me u will pop in the thread from time to time.

Yea I was impulsive when I bought my GT, only kept it a year. In Fl I wish I had her but honestly in Fl the convertible would be a better option however I’m quite content in my Subaru and I have no car payments and a 4 year zero deductible warranty

I’m retired and living my dream here at 56 with my girl and I’m happy

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3

Wow. Congrats man.
Don't be a stranger.

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I am probably as happy with and proud of my Mustang as any car I have ever owned. However, it is basically a toy that doesn't get driven enough to justify its space in the garage. Therefore, I am thinking of selling it.

What do you guys think would be a fair price? I am surprised how high the book values are. The values shown do not factor in the SC.

Screenshot_20210909-083126_Chrome.jpg
This is the reason I've been daily driving my mustang since the day I got it in late 2015. Has a lot of miles but the day it ever goes, I won't ever regret not driving the crap out of it lol. 84k miles strong and I just slapped a Roush Stage 2 on it.

The good news right now is that book values are high so you can get good money from it.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
I just took my Roush to Long Mac today to get the check engine light looked at. I believe one of the guys I talked to told me about you and your car. He said he was going to buy it if you hadn't bought it back.

The check engine light was determined to be the cats. They were trying to hash out who is going to pay for it. I'm also working on getting a quote to go from the 700hp tune to the 750hp tune. Hopefully I'll get a call back tomorrow with some more info.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
My Mustang has a new home with a buyer who tells me he is in love with it. lol. He is exactly the type of person who who should own it. He is a 30-something who lives in northern Minnesota where there are plenty of wide open spaces to exercise it. He has no intention of taking it to the drag strip. He has a nice F150 to drive when the Mustang is not practical.

As for me, there was some seller's remorse but I am getting over that. I have not ruled out trading one of our other cars for a GT 500. The key to that will be dealer allocation and price. The other option I am more strongly considering is trading our Lincoln Continental for a BMW M550i. They are as quick or quicker than the SC Mustang from 0-60 but not as quick in the quarter mile. They have most of the luxury options that we are accustomed to in the Lincoln. In a sense, the BMW would replace both the Mustang and the Lincoln....strong performance and luxury/comfort.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
My Mustang has a new home with a buyer who tells me he is in love with it. lol. He is exactly the type of person who who should own it. He is a 30-something who lives in northern Minnesota where there are plenty of wide open spaces to exercise it. He has no intention of taking it to the drag strip. He has a nice F150 to drive when the Mustang is not practical.

As for me, there was some seller's remorse but I am getting over that. I have not ruled out trading one of our other cars for a GT 500. The key to that will be dealer allocation and price. The other option I am more strongly considering is trading our Lincoln Continental for a BMW M550i. They are as quick or quicker than the SC Mustang from 0-60 but not as quick in the quarter mile. They have most of the luxury options that we are accustomed to in the Lincoln. In a sense, the BMW would replace both the Mustang and the Lincoln....strong performance and luxury/comfort.
Yes, but BMW doesn't have Android Auto. And out of principal I will never buy one.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yes, but BMW doesn't have Android Auto. And out of principal I will never buy one.
Not sure what you are talking about. Android auto is clearly listed as a standard feature on the M550i. I never use it, though.

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
I just took my Roush to Long Mac today to get the check engine light looked at. I believe one of the guys I talked to told me about you and your car. He said he was going to buy it if you hadn't bought it back.

The check engine light was determined to be the cats. They were trying to hash out who is going to pay for it. I'm also working on getting a quote to go from the 700hp tune to the 750hp tune. Hopefully I'll get a call back tomorrow with some more info.
LOL,
I know they were thinking, Wow, how could he sell that car. Sometimes you can be blinded by the money, but money is Not everything.
That Car is special as it is like 1 of 2 on the Roush list, I think. It's been several months since I looked at it.