Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
no drive modes for me. base model. i was going for all go no show.
Lol I have all the bells and whistles and mine is still all go and no show. You roll up on me you’d think I was stock especially if I put the active exhaust on quiet mode. I’ve even considered putting eco boost badges on just to mess with people (I wouldn’t really but it would be funny)!

gtcs20148

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
Lol I have all the bells and whistles and mine is still all go and no show. You roll up on me you’d think I was stock especially if I put the active exhaust on quiet mode. I’ve even considered putting eco boost badges on just to mess with people (I wouldn’t really but it would be funny)!
That’s why I love the California Special. It doesn’t have the 5.0 badges. Hard to tell if it is Ecoboost or GT. Since the Roush kit has no whine and really no inkling of any supercharger under the hood, it really makes it a good sleeper.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Im still on the stock skinny tires lol. i havent had the car home long enough to do anything to it.
pretty pissed i missed out on a whole summers worth of stuff i wanted to do.
street car take over at z max dragway
mustang week in SC
The open track day at Charlottle motor speedway (roval) was this weekend.
Ill be getting the car back just in time to watch it sit in my driveway now. Hopefully i will have a few hot days left to push it hard to see if i can get the light back. If not ill be sure to keep it under the required mileage for lemon law until next year or 12 months.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Im still on the stock skinny tires lol. i havent had the car home long enough to do anything to it.
pretty pissed i missed out on a whole summers worth of stuff i wanted to do.
street car take over at z max dragway
mustang week in SC
The open track day at Charlottle motor speedway (roval) was this weekend.
Ill be getting the car back just in time to watch it sit in my driveway now. Hopefully i will have a few hot days left to push it hard to see if i can get the light back. If not ill be sure to keep it under the required mileage for lemon law until next year or 12 months.
I can’t even imagine being in your spot. I would have already traded it back in and went a different direction all together. Well being in FL we are just getting ready for our season with some cooler weather. It was 65 last night and the car loved it.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
I can’t even imagine being in your spot. I would have already traded it back in and went a different direction all together. Well being in FL we are just getting ready for our season with some cooler weather. It was 65 last night and the car loved it.
I really like the grabber yellow and chances of finding another would be slim to none.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I really like the grabber yellow and chances of finding another would be slim to none.
I feel the same about my Need For Green. It gets a *ridiculous* number of comments.. From everyone.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
didnt we bet something???? I think you owe me a burger sir lol.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Just curious about something: For you guys who have had the Roush kit awhile, would you do the Roush kit again? Or, would you go with a different kit....or maybe not supercharge at all?

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just curious about something: For you guys who have had the Roush kit awhile, would you do the Roush kit again? Or, would you go with a different kit....or maybe not supercharge at all?

I would say all the TVS style suffer from heat soak, the Roush being the worst and in warmer climates its really bad. As an all arounder, drivability etc, I like the Roush for the warranty but I would really think about a Whipple too

This isn't an answer but a TT AWD is imo the best course of action if u wanna go fast, not having to run DR and most of those cars are classy, have launch control too.

However they are not cheap

That being said, I’d order a PP Premium Convertible and leave it stock.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
For how I use the car, I would still run the Roush kit.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I *am* on my second kit already :) Would I do it again? Probably not since this isn't my first rodeo. I would probably go with a Whipple for the third car. But then again, I plan on keeping this one for quite awhile so when I decide I really need more power (or blow the motor) I will probably go with a Hellion. Sometime in the next year or so this will not be daily so I won't care so much!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I no longer have a dog in this fight but I will share my 2 cents. For street use and overall drivability, I loved the Roush. It was also a consistent high 10 runner in cool conditions. I am not sorry I got the kit. Having said that, I would not do it again.

In my congested area, I was barely able to use the power except at the strip....which is 2 hours away. Furthermore, I am sure that it would not be good at the strip during the hot summer months. With all that in mind, I simply was not getting much use out of it.

If I had it to do over, I would probably stick with the E85 tune I had before. It would run mid 11s and was not impacted much by high ambient temperatures. If I ever got a supercharged car again, it would be a GT 500 which already has beefier axles, a better suspension, a more favorable SC/intercooler design and a full factory warranty.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
In my congested area, I was barely able to use the power except at the strip....which is 2 hours away
I have a similar problem and it’s the reason I was seriously considering getting and modifying a new Fiesta ST before going the SC route. Like my car too much now to regret my decision but I probably would have a lot more fun on a daily basis. “Slow car fast….”, in a congested area.