Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
my iat2s actually stay pretty high even 3 hours later...... for example, startup ambient is 80 and iat2s are 90..... after a bit of driving in 85 degree weather my iat2s average 115 to 140.... it all depends on whether im moving or idle.....

so i park the car, come back 3 hours later and my iat2s are still as if i was warmed up.... it takes 4 to 5 hours of cool down time in my garage to get within 10 degrees of ambient
I was reading a ZL1 board and guys on there were getting up above 170 degrees at the end run. So that was before they actually started sitting around. They had a graph that showed that the stock tune pulled timing gradually. hard to believe these engines are so fragile they can't handle above 150

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
my iat2s actually stay pretty high even 3 hours later...... for example, startup ambient is 80 and iat2s are 90..... after a bit of driving in 85 degree weather my iat2s average 115 to 140.... it all depends on whether im moving or idle.....

so i park the car, come back 3 hours later and my iat2s are still as if i was warmed up.... it takes 4 to 5 hours of cool down time in my garage to get within 10 degrees of ambient
did you just start logging your car?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I was reading a ZL1 board and guys on there were getting up above 170 degrees at the end run. So that was before they actually started sitting around. They had a graph that showed that the stock tune pulled timing gradually. hard to believe these engines are so fragile they can't handle above 150
I suspect the Coyotes will stand a lot higher IATs than where the Roush tune starts killing power. Custom tunes are likely less conservative.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Trying to find out details on this 19 Phase 1 A10
Seems to run pretty well
That's pretty darn quick. Very nice.
And yes, it does look like a Quebec license plate. Nice and cool air.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Try this, park the car for 20 minutes
Come back out and cycle the key, but don’t start the car, let the pump recirculate the fluid from the HE back into the intercooler

39-45 seconds

Then let the car sit for an hour, I wonder if the ambients will be lower when u come out to start the car

The water that’s left In the inter cooler is so heat soaked after u stop and shut the car off

Be an interesting test

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Try this, park the car for 20 minutes
Come back out and cycle the key, but don’t start the car, let the pump recirculate the fluid from the HE back into the intercooler

39-45 seconds

Then let the car sit for an hour, I wonder if the ambients will be lower when u come out to start the car

The water that’s left In the inter cooler is so heat soaked after u stop and shut the car off

Be an interesting test
Back in the terminator days, we used to wire our intercooler pumps to a hot switch so we could circulate the coolant while the engine was shut off. It helped them cool much quicker...especially when run in conjunction with fans on the HE. Is that still a thing?

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Back in the terminator days, we used to wire our intercooler pumps to a hot switch so we could circulate the coolant while the engine was shut off. It helped them cool much quicker...especially when run in conjunction with fans on the HE. Is that still a thing?
I’m sure there’s a way to do it

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Ive been monitoring iats, iat2s, spark, boost, and throttle position since i installed the tune

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I suspect the Coyotes will stand a lot higher IATs than where the Roush tune starts killing power. Custom tunes are likely less conservative.
Hoping the P2 cal address exactly what your implying because I too believe exactly what you wrote

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Guy from Roush mentioned you could install (or modify) a relay to do just that. I will ask it about it further when I get a chance.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Whatch the video, So the Roush Phase 2 WILL be carrying the warranty!!!

And, Whipple's tune is a bit sketchy, Lebanon has had some failures, now Lebanon will only custom tune the Whipple, NO WARRANTY

(PBD Tune)

I’ve very excited to know Roush Phase 2 is warrantied just like the Phase 1, My car will be getting the Phase 2

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Whatch the video, So the Roush Phase 2 WILL be carrying the warranty!!!

And, Whipple's tune is a bit sketchy, Lebanon has had some failures, now Lebanon will only custom tune the Whipple, NO WARRANTY

(PBD Tune)

I’ve very excited to know Roush Phase 2 is warrantied just like the Phase 1, My car will be getting the Phase 2

until the next page of this thread and you change your mind again.....lol.... just playin

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Took my beast out today.
What a blast!

144450.jpg

Also took this photo after about 45/50 minutes of straight driving, some stopping for red lights in 61 degree weather.
In SPORTt+ mode, traction control off and steering in NORMAL mode.

20191026-144307.jpg