Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The last update fixed it in Drive mode, but not Sport. So it took them months to change one stinkin’ number in the cal so why not take a couple more months to change one more number in it?

UnsatOFGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Another dumb question from me but I ordered a Reische 170 degree thermostat. If I install it do I need to account for it in a tune or will it be fine with the Roush Phase 2 tune?

Last edited:

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
When I was at Roush and they were working on my car, they gave me a reason. It doesn't take a while to change the cal, it takes a while to get that cal CARB certified.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Boy wouldn’t it suck if they ignored the fix I just gave them (which is the actual fix for 123 bug) and got a broken calibration carb certified

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
So they change one number, don’t test it to see if it actually fixes the problem, then go through the trouble of carb certification? That doesn’t make good sense.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The last update fixed it in Drive mode, but not Sport. So it took them months to change one stinkin’ number in the cal so why not take a couple more months to change one more number in it?
Its fixed in Drive? Sport isn't fixed, I verified the fuck out that this weekend, after a few successful shifts in sport at 123, but didn't try drive mode.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I guess my question is, are any of these Roush cars actually quick? If we're fighting over 10.5's, somethings wrong.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
They didn’t fix it in normal drive mode they lowered sixth gear shift 6550
E9C6FE78-0F80-427E-970D-77F38962CFFC.jpeg

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
IMHO, the only reason to run a 18-20 Roush kit is to have the warranty, if that means growing pains to finally get a cal correct so be it, the powers there to run 10’s and after they fix it quite a few A10 guys r gonna go 10’s on a warranty cal even in AZ

However if your gonna tune a blower car, knowing what I know now I’d add opg/cs and the Whipple Stage II along with thier bigger HE

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
Its fixed in Drive? Sport isn't fixed, I verified the fuck out that this weekend, after a few successful shifts in sport at 123, but didn't try drive mode.
The 123 exists in drive, sport and sport+ at least.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
However if your gonna tune a blower car, knowing what I know now I’d add opg/cs and the Whipple Stage II along with thier bigger HE
Joel, that is a reasonable approach. While I could have afforded a tuner kit, custom tune, opg/cs and the suspension and driveline upgrades to make it safely hook, I felt it was overkill for what I was looking for and not a good value for me. The fact is that in my area, it is nearly impossible to take advantage of any more power on the street than the Roush kit offers. The Roush tune, in spite of having some quirky things on the logs, offers excellent drivability and pretty strong performance. It is quite competitive with stock Hellcats, ZL1s or GT500s.

I view the Roush kit as an intermediate step between stock and the more aggressive tuned and more heavily modded kits. A stock A10 GT will run 11.9-12.4 depending upon DA and track prep. A tuned Whipple with reasonable supporting mods will probably run high 9s to low 10s. The stock Roush is in the 10.8-11.2 range. Since my car is mostly street driven and only sees the strip a few times a year, I am happy with the Roush kit and wouldn't get enough extra enjoyment out of a high 9 second car to justify the cost, time, loss of warranty and risk of breakage.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Joel, that is a reasonable approach. While I could have afforded a tuner kit, custom tune, opg/cs and the suspension and driveline upgrades to make it safely hook, I felt it was overkill for what I was looking for and not a good value for me. The fact is that in my area, it is nearly impossible to take advantage of any more power on the street than the Roush kit offers. The Roush tune, in spite of having some quirky things on the logs, offers excellent drivability and pretty strong performance. It is quite competitive with stock Hellcats, ZL1s or GT500s.

I view the Roush kit as an intermediate step between stock and the more aggressive tuned and more heavily modded kits. A stock A10 GT will run 11.9-12.4 depending upon DA and track prep. A tuned Whipple with reasonable supporting mods will probably run high 9s to low 10s. The stock Roush is in the 10.8-11.2 range. Since my car is mostly street driven and only sees the strip a few times a year, I am happy with the Roush kit and wouldn't get enough extra enjoyment out of a high 9 second car to justify the cost, time, loss of warranty and risk of breakage.
I see it exactly the way you do too buddy, once you guys get this last fix there will be no reason to custom tune it, you’ll still have a warranty and you guys will all run 10’s

The Roush P2 is a great kit