Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Drove my car 5 miles today. Dude leaned out his window and about broke his arm to give a thumbs up. Car heat soaked on the spot.

wait. I don’t know if that sounds right.

i hurried up and got out of there :)

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Drove my car 5 miles today. Dude leaned out his window and about broke his arm to give a thumbs up. Car heat soaked on the spot.

wait. I don’t know if that sounds right.

i hurried up and got out of there :)
Car gets pretty hot bothered...

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Looking for some feedback from those of you that had Phase 1 and did the Phase 2 upgrade.

My 19 Roush Stage 3 Auto has the Phase 1 and comes with a 5yr/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranty. My question is do you see enough of an improvement with the Phase 2 over Phase 1 that you would cut your Powertrain Warranty short by 2yr/24,000 mi?

On the fence that if it’s not too big of a difference why cut my warranty short.

Thanks guys!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Looking for some feedback from those of you that had Phase 1 and did the Phase 2 upgrade.

My 19 Roush Stage 3 Auto has the Phase 1 and comes with a 5yr/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranty. My question is do you see enough of an improvement with the Phase 2 over Phase 1 that you would cut your Powertrain Warranty short by 2yr/24,000 mi?

On the fence that if it’s not too big of a difference why cut my warranty short.

Thanks guys!
How much do you drive it? Mine is my daily driver and I only put about 7,000 miles a year on it. Had it for going on 2 years. I figure after the warranty is up, I will put a fuel system, headers, and a flex fuel tune on it. If the Rona keeps up, I will hardly drive the damn thing.

The difference between P1 and P2 was noticeable to me.. I didn't have to worry about the difference in warranty though because the P1 cut the powertrain anyway.

As always, your mileage may vary :p (lame pun totally intended)

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks guys!
It’s a huge improvement. I’m absolutely stunned that I could dead hook from a dig with all the nannies off (Toyo r888r’s) in warm weather but now I can’t even hook from a 40 roll. I’m fishtailing all over the place no matter the temps. But.... not a big enough improvement to wipe out 2 years of warranty. If you don’t already have The ltr get it. That alone will make a big difference. N

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I'm still trying to find a comparison of the Toyo r888r to the MT Street Comps. I haven't tried the Toyo but still think I get way too much wheel spin from the MT.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Thanks for the feedback

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still trying to find a comparison of the Toyo r888r to the MT Street Comps. I haven't tried the Toyo but still think I get way too much wheel spin from the MT.
To my experience of owning one, my ( GT500 ) they are great tires especially for street rolls! I just purchased two last week and waiting for them to arrive. They are a must for FI application.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I love them (toyos). GT500 owners are getting into the 10's and 9's with them. Obviously they choose them because you can actually make turns with them and they are speed rated at like 185mph. You need good temps though. I don't mess around under 70 degrees. If it's above 70 you can go wot as much as you want,. For example I floored it while passing a car (gf's car was showing off) at like 20 mph, lost grip, fishtailed a bit,car straightened out, and kept on going. I never once let off the accelerator. This was on a old dirty country road. I wouldn't try that with a drag radial.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I love them (toyos). GT500 owners are getting into the 10's and 9's with them. Obviously they choose them because you can actually make turns with them and they are speed rated at like 185mph. You need good temps though. I don't mess around under 70 degrees. If it's above 70 you can go wot as much as you want,. For example I floored it while passing a car (gf's car was showing off) at like 20 mph, lost grip, fishtailed a bit,car straightened out, and kept on going. I never once let off the accelerator. This was on a old dirty country road. I wouldn't try that with a drag radial.
555r is a contender as well since you can drive in the rain and not die lol. Pretty solid street able DR.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
555r is a contender as well since you can drive in the rain and not die lol. Pretty solid street able DR.
The new NT555Rii is excellent. I have ZERO traction issues, they are quiet and ride great. Cornering and overall handling feels just as positive as my BFG comp 2 tires.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
The new NT555Rii is excellent. I have ZERO traction issues, they are quiet and ride great. Cornering and overall handling feels just as positive as my BFG comp 2 tires.
I heard about those coming out but not much feedback yet and no personal experience. Similar compound to the R, still has grooves for water etc? Here in the desert in the summer it can be 120 out then you're hit by a monsoon and last thing you want are slicks lol.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
To my experience of owning one, my ( GT500 ) they are great tires especially for street rolls! I just purchased two last week and waiting for them to arrive. They are a must for FI application.
They are perfect for rolls. I don't care what anyone claims. At this power level if you're not losing grip at times than you most likely aren't going wot very often. Or you're not turning nannies off. Or you have something wrong with your car and it isn't producing the claimed power. Video below I put in another thread. All 700+ hp cars with mid engine and very light with less torque and much better suspensions. Watch the lambo which is awd fishtail and completely lose grip and the 488 had issues also. If a mid engine awd drive light as fuck super car does that with 700hp and your heavy front engine rwd doesn't than your either doing it wrong or something is wrong with your car. So in the end it comes down to price and safety among the tires I can tell you that when the toyos lose grip they are very easy to safely get back in line. Which is what they're designed for. But they are expensive as fuck. Not sure about rain either because I don't drive in the rain if I can avoid it.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I had R888R’s and 555R’s on my last car at 716whp and definitely preferred the 555R’s. I have no feedback on the 555Rii’s so can’t comment on that.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I was just on VMP's Instagram page and they just recently paired with another company to make a pretty killing looking intercooler for the new GT500.
I asked them if they were planning on making any more modifications/performance parts for the 18+ Roush supercharged cars.