Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I have found that iat2 levels drop at higher rpm. Just cruising along in 10th gear at 1500 rpm, I manually down shifted so the engine was at 2500 but speed remained the same. Iat2 dropped about 6 degrees. I assume more ambient airflow through the slightly more open TB cools it.

I really see very little uptick in iat2 when under heavy throttle and boost. I am sure things will be different in summer weather when making a quarter mile run but for street driving, heat doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

Even accelerating lowers temps vs. coasting.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have found that iat2 levels drop at higher rpm. Just cruising along in 10th gear at 1500 rpm, I manually down shifted so the engine was at 2500 but speed remained the same. Iat2 dropped about 6 degrees. I assume more ambient airflow through the slightly more open TB cools it.

I really see very little uptick in iat2 when under heavy throttle and boost. I am sure things will be different in summer weather when making a quarter mile run but for street driving, heat doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

Even accelerating lowers temps vs. coasting.

Exactly what I noticed :like:

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Good thing is that your car resale value will be excellent
Yeah. We're all fucked for a while. Buyers market right now. Lebanon Ford gonna have to bust out some serious promos. Buy a Mustang get the entire supercharger kit, opg and half shafts for free.. Plus 0% for 84 months. Seen some crazy deal already on the pre owned market and it's only gonna get worse (or better if you're buying).

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Look into the Toyo Proxes R888Rs
for roll racing at this hp level that’s by far the best choice. They’re loud though.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Good thing is that your car resale value will be excellent
LOL
Sad, but true. I got almost 40K for my last Roush, a 2013 GHIG Roush Stage 3 M6 car.
What a bad ass car that was.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
LOL
Sad, but true. I got almost 40K for my last Roush, a 2013 GHIG Roush Stage 3 M6 car.
What a bad ass car that was.
i never got into that generation. I never liked mustangs until this generation. Was always a GM muscle car guy. Of course Flint was the vehicle city with chevy plants across the street from me.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
i never got into that generation. I never liked mustangs until this generation. Was always a GM muscle car guy. Of course Flint was the vehicle city with chevy plants across the street from me.
The 2013 was definitely more "raw" than the S550 Mustang. The S550 Mustang is LEVELS better than the S197 in my opinion. And probably a lot of others.
I was a HUGE Chevy guy as well. All I ever owned. In 2013, I bite the bullet and got my first Mustang,... the '13 GHIG Roush Stage 3. I was hooked. Plus, the Mustang community is amazing and the aftermarket support is bananas! lol

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
@ Stage_3, JMtoast
I never liked mustangs until this generation. Was always a GM muscle car guy.
@ Stage_3, & JMtoast

Same story here, both points made above. This Mustang even tops the vets c4 > present.

Just a killer package when alls said and done.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
This Mustang even tops the vets c4 > present.
Funny you say that. Before I bought the 2019, I was hell bent on a C7 Z07 car.
I like them all, but the Mustang really captures my heart.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
C8 will be a game changer
I think so.
Not too crazy about the body style yet. Not feeling the rear of the car or the interior, especially that center control strip. But, it may grow on me over time. I've always hated the S550 Mustangs and look at me now. lol
Can't wait to see/read about the C8 Z06. Gonna be beast!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The body is exactly the problem.... center console strip, gag me with a spoon. I like the long hood of the Mustang . The C8 will feel like driving a go kart. The price certainly is is down along side the Mustang. If someone wants the thing.

No thanks, thank you very much, would not own one.

Last edited: