Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Forgive me for jumping in late. But thanks for the info on this.

E-mailed Roush support this morning and got the same info. Also the Phase 2 instructions include the pump, sensor and sensor wiring harness. The old intercooler relay wiring changes to use the CMC connector at the back of the engine to allow the PCM to read IC water temp. It can then turn the pump on with the KO.

Parts to retrofit are:

Pump Harness: 1320-8W501-AB
Temp Sensor: 1320-12B579S-AA
Sensor Harness: 1320-12B579WJ-AA

I don't believe they are priced yet.

Asked if there was a programming change. Tech thinks not but is confirming.

Hope this helps.

So more info out now, I better not have to pay for this stuff, I bought a Phase II

It cost better be covered under warranty too

ljohn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1, Roush P2, Steeda X-Pipe
Forgive me for jumping in late. But thanks for the info on this.

E-mailed Roush support this morning and got the same info. Also the Phase 2 instructions include the pump, sensor and sensor wiring harness. The old intercooler relay wiring changes to use the CMC connector at the back of the engine to allow the PCM to read IC water temp. It can then turn the pump on with the KO.

Parts to retrofit are:

Pump Harness: 1320-8W501-AB
Temp Sensor: 1320-12B579S-AA
Sensor Harness: 1320-12B579WJ-AA

I don't believe they are priced yet.

Asked if there was a programming change. Tech thinks not but is confirming.

Hope this helps.
Just learned more... According to Roush technical support, at start up after the initial flash, the PCM looks for the sensor and if it is not there, quits looking. So just adding the sensor after flashing to the Roush tune, will not gain anything. A refresh would be required, which requires a new voucher.

Will update you once I hear back on the cost of the above mentioned parts.

I did check on my car, the CMC connector (the blues one referred to in the new instructions) is easily accessible. It also appears that the red wire in pin 28 of the top PCM connector is replaced by a wire from the water temp harness and an additional black wire is added in pin 71. The red wire goes to the MAP sensor post SC. Need to ask why that is no longer needed but might be wearing out the Roush guy today. ; )

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I never turned anything in. Never had a problem getting free Cal revisions.
Remember the Key on the tune card? That's most likely the link and ID for you, the product and the car. Roush will know you from that.

People asking about warranty and the Roush upgrade. If you search @ Roush site where to buy. Notice the list of the Ford dealers, nff said.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I emailed scans of my warranty paperwork to Roush after installation and received an email confirmation from them about a week later confirming that they had received it and properly filed it.
I sent mine by mail to the address on the paperwork. Maybe I better follow up via email to make sure they got it. Thanks.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Why should I have to pay for install, flash or the parts, I ordered my P2 10 days AFTER BRUCE, my kit should’ve had all these parts and Roush has to come in to this post to clear this up.

Hell I could install the parts myself but I can’t flash the computer, so I would hope they’d cover the parts, reflash and install for free?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Why should I have to pay for install, flash or the parts, I ordered my P2 10 days AFTER BRUCE, my kit should’ve had all these parts and Roush has to come in to this post to clear this up.

Hell I could install the parts myself but I can’t flash the computer, so I would hope they’d cover the parts, reflash and install for free?
Same reason why guys who already had the P2 LTR had to pay $525 for just tune when they can get the entire kit for $500.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Same reason why guys who already had the P2 LTR had to pay $525 for just tune when they can get the entire kit for $500.
Honestly I’m not trying to dis-agree with you but I didn’t buy an $500 upgrade that took 2yrs to come out, I bought COMPLETE P2 System $6840 and my kit came 2 weeks LATER then others P2 kits that hit the upgrade already in the box, mine didn’t have the parts it’s suppose to have in the kit?

Why should I pay for anything?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly I’m not trying to dis-agree with you but I didn’t buy an $500 upgrade that took 2yrs to come out, I bought COMPLETE P2 System $6840 and my kit came 2 weeks LATER then others P2 kits, mine didn’t have the parts it’s suppose to have in the kit?

I feel you but I bought a $60k Roush car and paid another $9000 for a kit then wasn't even called back when I complained. So yeah Almost 70K (60k i paid) and nothing. Who knows though maybe you will get the right person.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I feel you but I bought a $60k Roush car and paid another $9000 for a kit then wasn't even called back when I complained. So yeah Almost 70K (60k i paid) and nothing. Who knows though maybe you will get the right person.

I hope so, I’m disappointed

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just learned more... According to Roush technical support, at start up after the initial flash, the PCM looks for the sensor and if it is not there, quits looking. So just adding the sensor after flashing to the Roush tune, will not gain anything. A refresh would be required, which requires a new voucher.

Will update you once I hear back on the cost of the above mentioned parts.

I did check on my car, the CMC connector (the blues one referred to in the new instructions) is easily accessible. It also appears that the red wire in pin 28 of the top PCM connector is replaced by a wire from the water temp harness and an additional black wire is added in pin 71. The red wire goes to the MAP sensor post SC. Need to ask why that is no longer needed but might be wearing out the Roush guy today. ; )

So do you have the P2 and did u buy your kit recently only to find out you didn’t have the parts?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Where are the p2 instructions? I have never found anything relating to the sensor or how to wire it.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Honestly I’m not trying to dis-agree with you but I didn’t buy an $500 upgrade that took 2yrs to come out, I bought COMPLETE P2 System $6840 and my kit came 2 weeks LATER then others P2 kits that hit the upgrade already in the box, mine didn’t have the parts it’s suppose to have in the kit?

If it makes you feel any better, I had to pay $500 for the Whipple enclosed airbox that is the current standard on new kits. They change the kits over time and they can easily argue you got what the stage 2 consisted of at the time you bought it, much like I got the open cone which was standard at the time when I bought my kit.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If it makes you feel any better, I had to pay $500 for the Whipple enclosed airbox that is the current standard on new kits. They change the kits over time and they can easily argue you got what the stage 2 consisted of at the time you bought it, much like I got the open cone which was standard at the time when I bought my kit.

Wait let’s look at this logically, I ordered this kit 2 weeks after a few people in here ordered their P2 kits but their P2 kits HAD THE PARTS?

MINE SHOULD HAVE THE PARTS!!!

This isn’t a update 4 or 5 months later, it’s a brand new kit that just came out. Your gonna tell me I shouldn’t get these parts or installed for free by a Roush Installer.

That’s absolute BS