Sponsored

Question about straight pipes....

Crossfaced

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium in Guard
So I got a Solo Axle Back on my 2015 GT. Sounds great but looking for a little more volume. Suggestion was made by Solo to either go Cat Back System or resonator delete. Money is an object for me so I'm thinking a resonator delete is the way to go. Two questions though....

1) Is straight pipes after the cat ok? I'm no mechanic but I was always taught to believe that lack of any type of muffler or straight pipes are not good for an engine. I want it to sound good but not at the sacrifice of the engine or much performance.

2)I believe a few people out there have this setup. How's it sound and is it obnoxiously loud?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't think deleting the muffler after the CAT's will cause any issues. I'm not a mechanic either, but have never heard of someone damaging an engine cuz they removed the mufflers.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
It will cause no issues. Heck, you could run a true straight pipe setup (catless headers, no mid pipe resonator, muffler deletes) and it would be fine.

My setup is stock cats, h-pipe, and muffler deletes. Very loud, but that is what I wanted. Zero engine issues.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Straight pipes from cats back is fine,believe u will still have plenty back pressure from the cats.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
You don't even need the back pressure from the cats.
Yes im aware of that lol,i have cat deletes.I was being sarcastic.