Sponsored

Quad tips - where to get and best pricing?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ok, for those who have added quad tips to their exhaust system (2015-2017 and non-active exhaust 2018/19):

1) Where did you buy them from
2) price paid

I’ve been on eBay searching and damn, I’m at a loss, because I keep getting entire exhaust systems OR mufflers with quad tips. I’m trying just to look for the quad tips to ADD to an existing exhaust. I’ve put in “Mustang quad tips” and if I do anything other than that, I get zillions of pages of pure BS....

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
There is a lot more to it than just adding tips. What rear valance (on 15-17) are you going to use? What catback do you have?

If you a single tip muffler setup, the rear valance you buy will dictate what type of tip setup you need. For example, Corsa makes tips for their rear mufflers that will fit a 2018-2019 balance or the Roush rear on a 15-17. But in order to use them on a GT350 style read valance you need to modify them.

BurnCycle

I drank what?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
There is a lot more to it than just adding tips. What rear valance (on 15-17) are you going to use? What catback do you have?

If you a single tip muffler setup, the rear valance you buy will dictate what type of tip setup you need. For example, Corsa makes tips for their rear mufflers that will fit a 2018-2019 balance or the Roush rear on a 15-17. But in order to use them on a GT350 style read valance you need to modify them.
This.

I added quad tips to my '16 and its easy to do when you've figured out the factors. In my case I found out the rear valance could be modified to accept a dual tip setup as long as it was in a 'Y' (symmetrical) configuration. Tips in a 'h' (asymmetrical) configuration would not work right unless the valance was changed to something different like the Roush with Corsa tips.

The other aspect was the exhaust being used too. I went with the SLP LM II because it had slip on tips that could easily be swapped out.

The tips I got from some vendor on Amazon. Knock off Akra tips but the price was right. They ended up being much nice quality than I was expecting for a set of knock offs too.
Mustang12.JPG
Quad1.jpg
Quad3.jpg

NotNick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This.

I added quad tips to my '16 and its easy to do when you've figured out the factors. In my case I found out the rear valance could be modified to accept a dual tip setup as long as it was in a 'Y' (symmetrical) configuration. Tips in a 'h' (asymmetrical) configuration would not work right unless the valance was changed to something different like the Roush with Corsa tips.

The other aspect was the exhaust being used too. I went with the SLP LM II because it had slip on tips that could easily be swapped out.

The tips I got from some vendor on Amazon. Knock off Akra tips but the price was right. They ended up being much nice quality than I was expecting for a set of knock offs too.
Mustang12.JPG
Quad1.jpg
Quad3.jpg
That looks fantastic

Sponsored

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Ok, for those who have added quad tips to their exhaust system (2015-2017 and non-active exhaust 2018/19):

2) price paid

I’ve been on eBay searching and damn, I’m at a loss, because I keep getting entire exhaust systems OR mufflers with quad tips. I’m trying just to look for the quad tips to ADD to an existing exhaust. I’ve put in “Mustang quad tips” and if I do anything other than that, I get zillions of pages of pure BS....

Any help is appreciated.
https://www.stangmods.com/Mustang-Quad-4-Inch-Exhaust-Tips-p/3040.htm

JKMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I purchased a stock GT350 exhaust and added an IKON GT350 valance. Much cheaper than buying the Ford Performance by Borla exhausts, or fatback exhaust in general. Didn’t save any weight, but it sounds wicked.

Miichaelo912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6, 2017 mustang gt

2) price paid

Any help is appreciated.
I know this is late haha but i got some black 3.5" quad tips for sale if youre still looking.

17gt_charlotte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT