Sponsored

PZero Tyres

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
So I had Michelin Pilot Super Sport (MPSS) fitted to rears on my MY17 GT last year and noticed the improvement straight away and my question is if I change the front PZero (not worn out yet) will I notice an even better experience especially as I’m having Pedder Coil Overs fitted at the end of the month
Sponsored

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
Yes. Steering feel improves, ride is better too.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
you won't understeer like a twat whenever you turn the wheel with mich on the front.

OP
OP
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
I got Michelin Pilot Super Sport (MPSS) on the rears of my GT but can’t get MPSS for the front anymore so which is the best Michelin for the front now?

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
I would say MPS4S... However, as they seem way better than MPSS in cold/wet conditions it may make for interesting handling!

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
A wise man once said your tyres won't put you into a ditch; only you'll do that. If you want optimum handling then ditch the rears along with the fronts and put matching tyres on all four corners. I'd assume you don't want to do that so it makes little sense to put anything other than the best on the front, and assuming Michelin (cos why woundn't we) then that's MPS4S. Your rears will wear out next (I don't believe MPSS are the best for wear?) so then you fit MPS4S to the back and the jobs a good'un.

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
I would say MPS4S... However, as they seem way better than MPSS in cold/wet conditions it may make for interesting handling!
Black circles are only supplying Michelin Pilot Sport 3s for the rears. Any views here in these, or in idea of mixing them with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s on the fronts?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
ps3's are no good for the mustang. mpss rear and mps4s fronts would give you the best combination of handling and ability to put power down or mpss all around if you're feeling confident come the bad weather :) i'm rocking mpss on all 4 corners after new wheels on and even in todays torrential down power I was able to go fully open in 2nd and it just gripped and went.

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
personally I prefer same rubber on all four corners changed my fronts same time as rears even tho they didn't need it

Garvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT
personally I prefer same rubber on all four corners changed my fronts same time as rears even tho they didn't need it
Same here. Changed out all the Pirellis at just over 10k miles for MPS4S all round - rear Pirellis had less than 3mm tread left whilst fronts were, to all intents and purposes, still new!

The Michelin’s are, IMO, THE performance tyre of choice and exceed the performance of the Pirellis in all departments. Additionally I have now completed just over 10k miles on the Michelins and the rears still have 6mm tread left. They may be more expensive than the Pirellis but they are by far better value for money!

Sponsored

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Ive just fitted MPS4S all around and it has transformed the car. It now handles better in the pouring rain than the Pirelis ddid in the dry. Absolutley blown away, the Pzeros were lethal in the wet weather, always felt like I was driving on ice. Id replace all 4 and stick the MPSS up on Ebay. You wont regret it.

Garvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT
The MPSS are still a very good tyre - I have them on my weekend ‘toy’ - but the 4S is better still. Whereas I would recommend swapping out the Pirellis asap I wouldn’t say the same for the MPSS.

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Pirellis are a strange beast When I had mine first winter I got caught in all that snow we had had to drive from derby to herts and hand on heart they performed well lots of bmw`s merc`s audis just spinning the wheels trying to move where the stang just rolled away at tick over and she never felt unsure all the way home the tyres where only a few months old at the time then later when they where wearing down on a dry cold road in feb at about 21.00 they tried to kill me as I was accelerating in a straight line thro car into a proper tank slapper .by the end of feb replaced the tyres fpr mps4s vast difference .
what confuses me is that ive had two high performance audis that have had several sets of pzeros on them in the time I had them no issues at all cold/ wet/ snow/ ice predictable stable tyres ,I can only imagine its the US rubber is harder than the ones over here

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
It must be compound differences. I had PZero runflats on my Vette (when Pirelli briefly sold them in Europe in the right size!) and they were brilliant in the wet and cold, whereas the MPSS runflats I had on it were absolutely lethal (but very hard-wearing....!)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
The original cars came with a US market summer tyre. It's currently 7 degrees here in the NE Scotland, the minimum recommended operating temperature for the tyres. There's your problem. Treating the throttle like an on/off switch doesn't help :wink:
Sponsored