Mustang GT Magnetic

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Allegedly, Mark Twain said: "The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco."

He'd obviously never been to Scotland! :)

But seriously, the min temperature for summer tyres seems to be 7C in all markets. Maybe the compounds vary, but if they did you expect that to also be the case for northern versus southern Europe whereas most manufacturers seem to have a central warehouse (e.g. Germany for Goodyear) that sends the same old stuff out to every country.

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
I agree with the earlier posts - the P Zeros on my car are fine if it's warm enough. Even today, in horrible heavy rain on the Motorways, they performed fine. It is quite warm today and I also take it a bit easier in the wet. No different to driving my previous car (997 C2S) which was also on P Zeros - out of choice!
However one day last winter, with the temperature around 4C, I looked like a tw*t as I accelerated out onto a roundabout and span up the rears - won't do that again..!!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Sorry to resurrect this thread but in this weather in race mode it really shows how much better my current Hankook tyres are than the previous P Zeros. I can accelerate without worrying about the back spinning out! Just seems to grip, even around the twisties. Usually on the internet you ignore 90% of the negative comments as just moaning, but it really is legitimate how bad the p zeros were

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I have P-zero Corsa's on my Lotus Evora which are fantastic in the warm and dry, but get very flaky when cold and wet. They are also about as long lasting as a piece of cheese. Mate had them on his 458 and managed to spin on a motorway slip road on a cold wet morning - they are made for warm Italian tarmac !

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I have P-zero Corsa's on my Lotus Evora which are fantastic in the warm and dry, but get very flaky when cold and wet. They are also about as long lasting as a piece of cheese. Mate had them on his 458 and managed to spin on a motorway slip road on a cold wet morning - they are made for warm Italian tarmac !
i span them at about 70 ish on a 3rd to 4th change on a slip lane entering the motorway with a massive drift made me realise after 2000 miles they were dead

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
Well, I've still got the P-Zero's on mine, they're currently at about 4mm on the rears. I went to Santa Pod with Simply Mustangs last week... Ran the 1/4 mile in 13.00s @ 108mph, no traction problems. I know the drag strip is sticky, weather was warm n dry but there was no difference to others running on Michelin's. Got 10 runs in that day, short burnout each time, still got 4mm !... Just saying. :sunglasses:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I didn't have any problems to speak of with PZs. Makes it hard for the Yokos to be better but they strangely do feel more planted.

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
don't think there is a prob with PZero when warm weather is about and can say they first part of the winter when tyres where still new and we had that snow I had no probs either .but later when they where down to about 3mm on a dry cold eve in a straight line they tried to kil me lol

AstroKeith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Auto
I have direct experience of changing from the stock Pzeros to MPSS. around half a dozen time the Pzeros lost it at the back end, even in quite benign conditions. The only good thing about them was the very mileage I got from them, over 20000 on the rears I seem to remember.

The Michelins have never lost it. Its my daily drive and so the car sees all sorts of conditions. The price is mileage - more like 12000 on the rears.

The rim protectors on the Michelins are great too. Cant remember if the Pirellis had them, but they really do work on that odd occasion when needed.
Sponsored