Sponsored

Puddle lamp problems

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ok we Brits need some help from the land of Sun and hot weather, a lot of UK cars are having problems with the Puddle lamp horse, the image of the horse is starting to break up, i'm starting to think it might be down to the crap weather we have in the UK and these lamps are getting problems due to our damp conditions, so, has any Mustang owners down under had or heard of any problems yet?
Sponsored

Ash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ok we Brits need some help from the land of Sun and hot weather, a lot of UK cars are having problems with the Puddle lamp horse, the image of the horse is starting to break up, i'm starting to think it might be down to the crap weather we have in the UK and these lamps are getting problems due to our damp conditions, so, has any Mustang owners down under had or heard of any problems yet?
No issue yet. How far into the ownership did you notice this?

OP
OP

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
No issue yet. How far into the ownership did you notice this?
Can't answer that myself as i'm still waiting for the car but a handful of UK cars have had the problem, and it seems to be spreading, i'd say the cars that have had it happen have been in the country 3 to 4 months.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I have a US-spec car to which this is now happening. I've had it since November 2014, and I noticed this about 2 weeks ago. This problem also was on the last generation Mustang that had the puddle lamps.

OP
OP

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have a US-spec car to which this is now happening. I've had it since November 2014, and I noticed this about 2 weeks ago. This problem also was on the last generation Mustang that had the puddle lamps.
So I guess even you US guys don't know the cause then?

Sponsored

ShadowMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Ford Mustang Fastback
In response to Twiggy, I took delivery of my 2016 Mustang on 5 February this year and have not had any issues with the puddle pony lights. Mind you, the max temperature each day since delivery of the car has been around 35 degrees Celsius. Pony shows up clearly defined and bold, no image break-up, however I will periodically check for any issues.

OP
OP

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
In response to Twiggy, I took delivery of my 2016 Mustang on 5 February this year and have not had any issues with the puddle pony lights. Mind you, the max temperature each day since delivery of the car has been around 35 degrees Celsius. Pony shows up clearly defined and bold, no image break-up, however I will periodically check for any issues.
Thanks, funny as someone else in the UK has just mentioned theirs has now started breaking up :frusty:

Ash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mine is parked in a garage and undercover at work, hopefully will keep the issue from emerging but keeping a lookout for it regardless.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
So I guess even you US guys don't know the cause then?
I personally don't know, however, I am planning to take it to the dealer to get this replaced. For the record, my car has been through winter twice, sits outside all the time, and doesn't get scrubbed underneath the mirror vigorously to avoid excess contact in the LED area.

There are others reporting this for the North American cars, so it is just isn't the version for you guys.

Frustrating, I know.

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
I personally don't know, however, I am planning to take it to the dealer to get this replaced. For the record, my car has been through winter twice, sits outside all the time, and doesn't get scrubbed underneath the mirror vigorously to avoid excess contact in the LED area.

There are others reporting this for the North American cars, so it is just isn't the version for you guys.

Frustrating, I know.
I think frustrating is an understatement :D

Most reasonable people would understand that a new platform release could a have a few gremlins that may take a few months to rear their heads, and subsequently be ironed out on the line some further months down the track.

What is disappointing is those gremlins which have carried over from the last platform.
You mention that the puddle lamps had an issue on the last generation, so I guess I would be safe is typing that obviously nothing was done to address this?
I read in other areas of this forums that some of the issues that plagued the MT82 are still there, whilst some have been fixed.......bit of a glass half empty half full approach.......:lol:eek:ops sorry.

I feel that we as consumers are sometimes a little to accepting.
Sponsored