Sponsored

Prototype: Custom GT350R Steering Wheel - Feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
Installed yesterday as well, love it!!

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Installed yesterday as well, love it!!

Are the bezels plastidiped and are those aeroforce gauges I see there? Wheel looks sweet! :headbang:

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
No plasti dip, I actually wrapped the bezels in matte black. And yes those are aeroforce gauges sir.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
No plasti dip, I actually wrapped the bezels in matte black. And yes those are aeroforce gauges sir.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh niceeeeee!! I think I may do that as well since I have some matte laying around from the strips decal. I like those gauges and still debating on getting them also. Nice overall interior look so far! :)

Sponsored

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Awesome Wheel....

RARR_LS2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Wow these are the best looking wheels I have seen on market so far. I like how you can customize the stripe color too. Great job designing this!

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Received my Beith full leather wheel a couple weeks ago, and have to say, it is absolutely perfect. Hoping to install this week, thanks Tim!
Looks good! Really like the full leather treatment!

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Do the full leather wheels use a different shape than the carbon wheels, or is that an illusion? The carbon wheels look very defined with pronounced shapes, where as the full leather looks mostly round with barely a flat bottom and some bigger thumbgrips.

Also, do you have any measurements on the thickness of the wheel that I can compare to my gt350 wheel? I'd like to swap to something thicker. I'm already on my third steering wheel (stock, redline goods, gt350r) on this car, and have yet to find one I'm 100% happy with. The full leather one you have is the best one I've seen so far though. That would look killer with a set of those hydrodipped carbon bezels that you sell.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Do the full leather wheels use a different shape than the carbon wheels, or is that an illusion? The carbon wheels look very defined with pronounced shapes, where as the full leather looks mostly round with barely a flat bottom and some bigger thumbgrips.

Also, do you have any measurements on the thickness of the wheel that I can compare to my gt350 wheel? I'd like to swap to something thicker. I'm already on my third steering wheel (stock, redline goods, gt350r) on this car, and have yet to find one I'm 100% happy with. The full leather one you have is the best one I've seen so far though. That would look killer with a set of those hydrodipped carbon bezels that you sell.
I can only assume that since the CF is rigid the shape is more pronounced. With leather there is presumably some foam just the bulk of the leather causing the shape to be less pronounced; trying to build up the thickness.

I do see it too though that the leather looks a bit bloated it its shape.

I still thinks it's a killer looking job though by them, nothing taken away at all. Just the nature of bulky leather.

OP
OP
Beith Performance Parts

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.beithperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang

I can get you wheel measurements, no problem. It will have to wait until I have my latest orders of leather wheels finished.

The shapes are definitely different between the carbon and the full leather wheel. You are correct with your observation that the carbon wheel side thumb grip areas are more pronounced. Both wheels feel GREAT in terms of driver feel. Just a matter of personal style preference :)

5LITERV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Installed mine over the weekend. I wanted more of a stock look so I went all black leather with black stitching. I am really happy how it came out.

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.