GuardianDesigns Custom Steering Wheel Review

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Buy this and a brush and never look back.
Indeed, after reading a lot on this subject, this seems to be what most alcantara supporters agree on.
However, I'm not sure how often I'd have to use that and the brush. Some say they clean the wheel every few months. Others say they do it after every drive, or every other drive. I have a feeling the former is a bit too lax, and the latter a bit excessive. The truth may be somewhere in the middle.
I'm OK with occasional maintenance tasks, as long as they don't have to be excessively frequent.
Anyway, the attraction is strong, so I will probably end up going for it anyway. :giggle:
Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Oh well... just my luck.
In the meantime I've decided against alcantara. It's going to be leather. But now I'm oscillating between smooth leather all-around vs. smooth leather top/bottom with a perforated leather side section. Both look great in my opinion.
Smooth leather has the advantage that it looks more like stock, whereas perforated sides have a clear aftermarket look. I would prefer a stock look. On the other hand, the perforated sides might offer a slightly better and more comfortable grip, especially when my hands are a bit sweaty. But the perforated part might be a bit harder to clean and more prone to absorbing sweat and dirt, which may settle into the holes and become hard to remove.

@GuardianDesigns, is the perforated leather the exact same material as the smooth one? Or is it a bit thicker, in order to have some extra strength to compensate for the holes? Do you expect the perforated leather to age just as well as the smooth one, all things considered?

GuardianDesigns

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
guardiandesigns.eu
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type V8, MX5
@GuardianDesigns, is the perforated leather the exact same material as the smooth one?
Or is it a bit thicker, in order to have some extra strength to compensate for the holes?

>>> yes, it is same material and same thickness

Do you expect the perforated leather to age just as well as the smooth one, all things considered?

>>> yes

OP
OP
dead_inside

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Had some photos taken and I really liked this one. To me, it shows just how well the wheel looks like an OEM+ upgrade. After almost a year of being installed, still looking good!

Capture.PNG

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Just placed my order this morning. Corsa-D with jet black alcaterra high horizontal sides, Bentley red stitching and noon marker, smooth Napa black leather top and bottom. Didn’t order any trim, assume my brushed silver trim pieces will swap over? Now the waiting begins……

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

GuardianDesigns

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
guardiandesigns.eu
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type V8, MX5
This one is for sale with immediate delivery from USA (discounted price and no import tax).
Suitable up to MY17 (pre-facelift)

Details: please email us guardiandesigns.studio(at)gmail.com

t2DHs7p.jpg
Sale still pending
Sponsored