Sponsored

Prototype: Custom GT350R Steering Wheel - Feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
exactly, finally someone that can relate. I never did like the look of carbon fiber.

[MENTION=7033]Voodoo[/MENTION]

We are well aware of the competition from the carbon fiber wheels.

We are offering an alternative, for those people who would prefer a custom leather wheel. Carbon fiber isn't to everyone's taste :)
Sponsored

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
I love the wheel, I like the GT350 wheel but only wanted it in leather.....Need to do a group buy to Australia..

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I love the wheel, I like the GT350 wheel but only wanted it in leather.....Need to do a group buy to Australia..
Can we team that group buy up with the UK? I'd happily join up with that and do something with the UK lot, this things gorgeous. :lol:

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Curious why you didn't increase the thickness at the top of the wheel. That's the worst part of the OEM wheel - way too thin.

Will matching non-R white/gray stitching be available?

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sub'd. Will be considering it in the near future. Looking into a yellow accented one :)

OP
OP
Beith Performance Parts

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.beithperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Wow, all I can say is I am overwhelmed with the interest!

In the past 48 hours I've received about 20 inquiries, mostly from people who are ready to order. What seems to be a common trend is people requesting custom colors on the stitching and top leather stripe, so I am currently looking into color samples to see if they are a close match to the exterior paints such as Deep Impact Blue, Triple Yellow etc.

I will be updating my first post in this thread with an initial batch order once I have numbers and colors figured out. I don't want to make order commitments until I am sure I can meet the custom color requests.

OP
OP
Beith Performance Parts

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Curious why you didn't increase the thickness at the top of the wheel. That's the worst part of the OEM wheel - way too thin.

Will matching non-R white/gray stitching be available?
The top part is GT350 wheel thickness...so it is substantially thicker than the OEM Mustang wheel for comparison :thumbsup:

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Wow, all I can say is I am overwhelmed with the interest!

In the past 48 hours I've received about 20 inquiries, mostly from people who are ready to order. What seems to be a common trend is people requesting custom colors on the stitching and top leather stripe, so I am currently looking into color samples to see if they are a close match to the exterior paints such as Deep Impact Blue, Triple Yellow etc.

I will be updating my first post in this thread with an initial batch order once I have numbers and colors figured out. I don't want to make order commitments until I am sure I can meet the custom color requests.
Count me in for ready to purchase also. I looked at the other wheels available including the carbon fiber and I pretty solid with your prototype right now. :cheers:

Sponsored

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
The top part is GT350 wheel thickness...so it is substantially thicker than the OEM Mustang wheel for comparison :thumbsup:
I have a GT350, the top of the wheel is really thin. I can't imagine that the regular wheel is that much thinner. Oh well, I may still order one because I really like the perforated leather over the alcantara.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
LOve your idea, seems to be great work !
Any chance to fully copy this one ? without the ridiculous kind off Olympic logo :D

White stitches & perforated leather all over & no 350 rings

OP
OP
Beith Performance Parts

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
[MENTION=8100]UNtamed67[/MENTION]

Yes, I could do that, but it would have to be a special order.

I am keeping one design shape and just offering color options for the stitching and center stripe at the moment. I can certainly look into doing an all perforated leather wheel if that is something you are ready to pursue :)

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Sub'd. Black wheel with dark grey centering stripe, with white/silver stitching to match interior stitching would look good! Love the full leather treatment!
I second this. I have a triple yellow car, but the interior trim stitching in the premium package is a white-light gray color.

Can you match that color for the stripe and the stitching? Additionally, the leather and wheel should be the same color as the GT Premium interior (black)

If the stitching is white (or yellow) it will look out of place given the other stitching.
Also, do we reuse the metal trim near the switches or do you supply that (if you do, please provide the same sheen and color as the GT Premium). The GT350 has a dark gray color that doesn't match the GT Premium interior.

I am in for a group buy as well.
I was going to do the GT350 wheel but dont like the alcantara and gray color which doesn't match the interior.

OP
OP
Beith Performance Parts

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
JUST TO KEEP EVERYONE UPDATED...

As previously mentioned interest has been HOT for this item, more so than I anticipated.

I am keeping to my timeline of taking orders from people towards the end of the month.

Turnaround is anticipated to be 4 weeks from time of placing your order to having the wheel in my hands ready to ship out.

Again, I will be giving updates here as I have them in the very near future.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.