Procharger P1SC Tuning/Fuel Questions

JoeyIsLifted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have a 2017 Mustang GT with a P1SC Procharger on 91 pump gas making 9psi. I believe the injectors are EV6 52lb injectors with a BAP and stock fuel pump. I also have a DW400 I can throw in. I currently have my car tuned through Lund and they say I can’t run E85 or pulley down until I get a complete fuel system. Is this true? When I first got tuned they said the car should only make around 580whp? I’ve seen people say they make 700+ with stock fuel system so I’m just curious why I would need a return fuel system if I’m nowhere close to pushing that.
Sponsored

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
E85 requires 30% more fuel than your regular pump gas which means a return style fuel system. For 91 Octane fuel, 580whp is about average. Those Ev6's are just about tapped out.

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
E85 requires 30% more fuel than your regular pump gas which means a return style fuel system. For 91 Octane fuel, 580whp is about average. Those Ev6's are just about tapped out.
agreed

OP
OP
JoeyIsLifted

JoeyIsLifted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Is it possible to make more power with just a bigger injector or am I pretty much maxed out until I get a fuel system?

Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s almost like I’ve asked them already like I stated in my post, but am asking here because I’m not sure what other tuners would do/say 🤔
In the words of the Rock, "it doesn't matter what other people say". If Lund won't tune it without a fuel system you're stuck.

My car has a DW400 and 1050's, Lund tuned it previously for e85 but they won't do that anymore without going to a return style.

A fuel system isn't cheap but you could run e85 and make another hundred easily. 200 if you are feeling froggy.

But why waste like $800 or whatever switching tuning companies, when you could put that towards a fuel system and then have Lund retune?

If you have to stay on 93 you could add headers, one size smaller pulley, replace the 15-17 intake manifold, and eek some more power out of it with your current tune.

Last edited:

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
As robvas said above. This is the truth of the matter. Upgrading your fuel system and injectors will allow you to run E85 and get more power. adding an 18 manifold will get you even more. DM me if you have any questions about a fuel system, I can hook you up.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I have a 2017 Mustang GT with a P1SC Procharger on 91 pump gas making 9psi. I believe the injectors are EV6 52lb injectors with a BAP and stock fuel pump. I also have a DW400 I can throw in. I currently have my car tuned through Lund and they say I can’t run E85 or pulley down until I get a complete fuel system. Is this true? When I first got tuned they said the car should only make around 580whp? I’ve seen people say they make 700+ with stock fuel system so I’m just curious why I would need a return fuel system if I’m nowhere close to pushing that.
Depending on what supporting mods you have on the vehicle if it is just the procharger and 93 octane the car should make around 580whp, my buddys car made around that exact number.

Now if you add full free flowing exhaust and a boss manifold or 18+ manifold you should see about 650. The 18+ cars usually make 700 because of the higher compression gen 3 coyote, gen 2 is slightly lower compression resulting in slightly less power.

Regarding E85 it is best to do a full fuel system, the stock system/ lines and rails can only support so much pressure. You can do a budget sai li system with dual pumps with the stock rails and lines but that will only support up to 750whp. I had that on my car but lund said that system was maxed out, they recommended Fore Innovations. I upgraded to that and haven't had any issues since. Vortech V3 car 14lbs of boost on E85

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
Depending on what supporting mods you have on the vehicle if it is just the procharger and 93 octane the car should make around 580whp, my buddys car made around that exact number.

Now if you add full free flowing exhaust and a boss manifold or 18+ manifold you should see about 650. The 18+ cars usually make 700 because of the higher compression gen 3 coyote, gen 2 is slightly lower compression resulting in slightly less power.

Regarding E85 it is best to do a full fuel system, the stock system/ lines and rails can only support so much pressure. You can do a budget sai li system with dual pumps with the stock rails and lines but that will only support up to 750whp. I had that on my car but lund said that system was maxed out, they recommended Fore Innovations. I upgraded to that and haven't had any issues since. Vortech V3 car 14lbs of boost on E85
well said.
My mechanic steered me towards a fuel system also (fore) and I never looked back. If you want to experience E85 to it's fullest, get the return fuel system, bigger injectors and the free flowing exhaust, you can also play around with smaller pullies for more power on E.

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Another P1sc1 brother 🙌👊 I have a 2016 stage 2 p1sc1 and I recently pullied down to a 4.25. I am tuned by Wengered performance. I sent him a 6k pull on the new pully and it looked on point. Need to send him a WOT/7500ish Pull for the final go. I am also on pump gas. Have not dynoed the car since the last upgrades but car definitely feels better. Im not racing the car at the track its more of a fun street car with occasional pulls "here and there" Lund, from what I hear are very conservative and to the point, they wont risk messing up a car and we should either (nevermind my 4.25 pulley upgrade 😬) I also have new FIC 1000/95lb injectors currently installed.
Sponsored