Sponsored

Procharger info??

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Citation for your tens of thousands claim?

Should note that I don’t disagree. A lot of snake oil being released lately. Black OPGs, crank support, the stupid BMR upgraded cradle lockouts...

However, I have never cared for driving a power hungry blower off the crank. There’s a reason all the fastest pro mod and x275 cars run turbos.
That's CNN level misinformation...

Promod Stevie Fast has held the promod ET record for quite some time. X275/pro 275/ldr still has successful blower cars despite the rules dick punching centri's year after year. Even RVW last few years has been a healthy mix of blower cars at the top. Whether screw blowers, or centri's there is a pile at the top of every class.
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Doesn't care for "power robbing blowers running off the crank"...…..also has no clue why "restrictive stock exhaust with a turbo" is a power robbing bad idea. LOL gotta love some people.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Citation for your tens of thousands claim?

Should note that I don’t disagree. A lot of snake oil being released lately. Black OPGs, crank support, the stupid BMR upgraded cradle lockouts...

However, I have never cared for driving a power hungry blower off the crank. There’s a reason all the fastest pro mod and x275 cars
What's your setup?

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
Doesn't care for "power robbing blowers running off the crank"...…..also has no clue why "restrictive stock exhaust with a turbo" is a power robbing bad idea. LOL gotta love some people.
I’ll take that. Your right.

But I’m buying the car with a “power robbing exhaust”. When I get it home the first thing I do will be a fender exit. I was asking the question because I was worried about engine damage from the previous owner running the car with crazy post turbo back pressure.

To jay rod. You may be correct. I don’t know all my racing trivia. I just see a majority of the cars swapping to turbo. Like you said maybe that’s because of unfavorable rules for other power adders. Probably shouldn’t of opened my mouth.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I just got done installing the HO kit you are referring to. I was a fairly easy install. No injectors, or spark plugs. Comes with the Ngauge. The tune so far has a bit of an issue on WOT shifting. Also seems like the IAT is too hot (about 90F greater than the outside air temp while driving). Only have about 30 miles on it, so once Procharger looks at the Logs, perhaps just a tune change? Anyway, not sold on it yet.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
5-10deg over ambient cruising, or 90deg over ambient at the end of a quarter mile hit is typical.
I have the smaller intercooler, the HO kit. I did accelerate hard several times, but the temp stayed up there after cruising for several miles.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Update! I feel foolish about this temp thing. I decided to make sure my gauges were configured to show air intake temp and I had it set on transmission temp!!!!

So, when I changed it to the intake temp it never went over 80 on a 68 degree day. Awesome.

User error. Good grief! Thanks everyone! We're good. Still need to datalog and get that figured out.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Update! I feel foolish about this temp thing. I decided to make sure my gauges were configured to show air intake temp and I had it set on transmission temp!!!!

So, when I changed it to the intake temp it never went over 80 on a 68 degree day. Awesome.

User error. Good grief! Thanks everyone! We're good. Still need to datalog and get that figured out.
Easy fix!!!!!
Sponsored