Sponsored

Procharger doing work!!!!

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
10k :eyebulge: hahahaha did not pay any where close that. I did not buy a whipple. It's all good, enjoy your centri that don't hit like a my tvs with basic upgrades. Hope you enjoy sucking at life :lol:

I'll leave you proleaker fan boys alone :headbonk:
Hit like 479rwtq? lol centri makes 100+ftlbs more than that and my turbo coyote makes 250+rwtq more than that too. Enjoy having the ugliest blower with the worst performance. Tuned and done by a company who can't even build a thermostat :shrug:
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Hit like 479rwtq? lol centri makes 100+ftlbs more than that and my turbo coyote makes 250+rwtq more than that too. Enjoy having the ugliest blower with the worst performance. Tuned and done by a company who can't even build a thermostat :shrug:
Savage, just savage.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
he opened the can of worms lol

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Im glad my meme lit this thread off back on page 4. Its like everyone has been waiting to shit talk lol.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Not a myth. Here is a test so pay attention.

Donald Trump is driving down the highway in 4th or 5th gear at 60 mph with his mt82 2016 mustang. Donald decides to go full throttle.
Which blower makes 10psi and which blower makes 3?
Oh, the "if it makes more boost, it must make more power" thing...

So say you are at 2,500 rpm and floor it.

Motor #1 = 10psi, but can only run -3 degrees of timing due to knock threshold
Motor #2 = 3psi, but can run a full 12 degrees of timing due to knock threshold

How do you think that fares power wise? ;)

"Boost" is just part of the equation. Other factors are....
- Timing advance
- Load on the front of crank
- Intercooler temp efficiency
- Cam timing
- Intake runner design

Thankfully we are talking about S550's that have killer transmissions.
So there is NO excuses to have the trans in the wrong gear when going WOT.

Now my daily driven, nightly beaten, 4L60 truck...with the worlds WORST gear ratios inside the trans. Ya, that super sucks if you happen to hit that weird spot that 1 gear is to tall, the other is to short. But then again, it was made to tow, and is heavy as balls, and I am just happy it still stays together with 220k on it. And now I am rambling about a POS truck.....

So ya, with the inventions of 6, 7, 8 and 10 speed transmissions.
The idea of "lowend power" is fading as fast as washed up celebrities bank accounts.

NOTE: The Koenigsegg owner has a great video talking about the relationship between power, gears, and the limits of traction. AKA: if you are past the limits of the traction to the ground, whats the point in trying to make more power? ....cause in the end, you will go slower. (talking about average street, average road, average tires... not some "this one time on the strip with slicks")

Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Good points however the power curve shows up on the dyno as well. So....in this case boost is power.

MT82 is not a killer transmission!

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Whipple and a centri is going to have similar torque numbers and a similar curve as well on a 3500-7000rpm dyno pull. The Whipple just makes a difference under 3500 but most people wouldn't want to be making boost down there for the poor rods sake

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Whipple and a centri is going to have similar torque numbers and a similar curve as well on a 3500-7000rpm dyno pull. The Whipple just makes a difference under 3500 but most people wouldn't want to be making boost down there for the poor rods sake
^This...to quote [MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION] from a different thread "if you are going WOT under 3000 you are doing it wrong"

not sure why the PD guys get such huge boners over instant TQ, i've never lost a race because their tq number beat me... but my shit gets up to boost quick soooo

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
under 3500 but most people wouldn't want to be making boost down there for the poor rods sake
Amen.

not sure why the PD guys get such huge boners over instant TQ, i've never lost a race because their tq number beat me... but my shit gets up to boost quick soooo
Woah woah, who said anything about boners.... geeeze dude.
Keep it PG. lololol

MT82 is not a killer transmission!
Guess you never owned a toploader 4 speed. LOL.

The MT82 really isn't that bad. It has to move a heavy car, and shift at ultra high RPM's. Could it be better sure, but we aren't talking a 100k car here.

DrDanimalSize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
For all you "centris make torque too" guys out there, have you tried going blow for blow with a TVS car at mid rpm? Like 3500 or so 3rd gear pull?
Tell me how it works out for you.

I had a Paxton 2200 on my last car, made great power up top, but NOT EVEN CLOSE to a TVS in the middle.

Current car is auto, it won't matter nearly as much now, and will probably go centri again with this car. Last one was mt82, and it didn't make any good power below 3500, and if you were gonna try to roll somebody you had to be at 4500+ otherwise you'd give up half a car (or more) immediately.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
For all you "centris make torque too" guys out there, have you tried going blow for blow with a TVS car at mid rpm? Like 3500 or so 3rd gear pull?
Tell me how it works out for you.

I had a Paxton 2200 on my last car, made great power up top, but NOT EVEN CLOSE to a TVS in the middle.

Current car is auto, it won't matter nearly as much now, and will probably go centri again with this car. Last one was mt82, and it didn't make any good power below 3500, and if you were gonna try to roll somebody you had to be at 4500+ otherwise you'd give up half a car (or more) immediately.
The question is....why! No one races from 3500rpm.

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I have,yes with a stage 2 whipple at 60 mph,jumped out about a car to a car in half multiple times in different gears.He started catching up quick after 120.He is now having Ken tune his car and the outcome will probably be different.Look at my graph at 3500 rpms,gear ratio plays a part too.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
[ame]

Here is me at 3500 stock converter vs a VMP Gen II GT500 on E85 with less weight and more power

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Granted this was on a 3.33" pulley so it hit hard lol
Sponsored