Sponsored

Problems found on Australian Mustangs

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT
I noticed last weekend she had a slight oil leak, a couple of drops on the garage floor after moving her out to give her a wash. She was due the 45k service anyhow, so i booked her in and advised the dealer about the leak.

Got a phone call a few hours later, apparently its a failed rocker cover gasket, will not get her back until tuesday as parts have to come up from melbourne. Hope she's ok, it was her first night away from home :)
Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I recently had a rear passenger hub/wheel bearing failure at around 31000km. And just yesterday notice my aircon not working properly with it blowing hot on drivers side and cold passenger. Warranty ends in mid September

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
pony1.jpg

My driver's side puddle lamp is starting to go again.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
No way........is yours a 2015 Drewbo.
MY16 (manufactured December '15).

This was previously replaced under warranty and is the revised part.

They aren't quite as cheap as they used to be on eBay, I can only imagine what the stealer is charging.

Sponsored

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback, 1928 Model A Ford
My driver's side was replaced under warranty for the original part - and I'm keeping a close eye on it! (passenger's side got replaced with the revised part)

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
MY16 (manufactured December '15).

They aren't quite as cheap as they used to be on eBay, I can only imagine what the stealer is charging.
Must be luck of the draw, mine is June 2016 build and no issues. If it's any consolation I had the left rear wheel bearing replaced twice, once at about 30000km and again at 45000km......I've never had a car with so many issues but I still love it heaps.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I've never had a car with so many issues but I still love it heaps.
Yep.....it's the luck of the draw. We are extremely fortunate to have been given the opportunity to own a factory RHD Mustang.

Mine has had the aircon evaporator core replacement (dash out - under warranty), two decklid panels replaced (one under warranty) and the puddle lamp issue (one under warranty, this one I will have to wear) and that's it.

I also love this car and will be hanging on to it - the potential oil cooler failure and a further aircon failure are the the only things which continue to cause me some levels of anxiety.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Yep.....it's the luck of the draw. We are extremely fortunate to have been given the opportunity to own a factory RHD Mustang.

Mine has had the aircon evaporator core replacement (dash out - under warranty), two decklid panels replaced (one under warranty) and the puddle lamp issue (one under warranty, this one I will have to wear) and that's it.

I also love this car and will be hanging on to it - the potential oil cooler failure and a further aircon failure are the the only things which continue to cause me some levels of anxiety.
Ha ha ha sounds like the same thing, lots of issues, good thing we love our cars. I agree we are very lucky to have a RHD Mustang and its alot of car for the money. I've had 2 wheel bearings, air-conditioner twice, re gas, compressor replaced, heated seat mechanism replaced, leaking oil filter and bad tyre pressure sensor all entailing many visits to the dealership and a fair amount of stress. But then ya get into the seat, surveying the speed boat bonnet bulge, press the start button.....and sweet sweet music of the 5.0 V8 sings its siren call and makes you forget everything.......ha ha ha or something like that

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
HELP

Has anyone had this scenario? After paying for it and registering it in my name two weeks ago my dealer now says my GT apparently has so much rust they don’t want to sell it to me now. But will get me one. At the end of the year!

it’s been in their showroom for more than a week with my plates on it.

Sounds sus to me,

Sponsored

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
HELP

Has anyone had this scenario? After paying for it and registering it in my name two weeks ago my dealer now says my GT apparently has so much rust they don’t want to sell it to me now. But will get me one. At the end of the year!

Sounds sus to me,
Go in and check it out. Sounds sus.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
HELP

Sounds sus to me,
Any updates?

Htf can a new mustang be riddled with rust.
Maybe they found another buyer who was willing to pay more for instant delivery?

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
My car went thru the Baltimore blizzard. Salt on roads. Dealer noticed it and I went to check it out. Not much rust as such but salt underneath. A good pressure wash would have removed it but Dealer did the right thing and called in Ford Au. They authorised a similar car, but with MR AND Spoiler At a very discounted price. WIN WIN!

Very happy now. It’s awesome.
Sponsored