Sponsored

Pricing for Detail + Suntek + CQuartz?

Pakman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Hey all. I recently ended up purchasing a used Ruby Red 2017 GT350 with white stripes. Couldn't find any dealers within a 1,000 mile radius of where I live that didn't have ADM's on new ones. So I got tired of waiting when I saw one in a color I wanted, in great shape and with less than 2,000 miles.

I want to get a full detail + Suntek (full hood, front fenders, front bumper, rear rocker panels, and the black piano panels on the rear deck/lights) plus CQuartz on the rest including full rims. I went by a highly rated local detailer and was quoted $5,000 for that job. I found that the CQuartz detail price was shockingly high, being that it was $2,000 by itself; only being applied on the areas without the Suntek (they stated the Suntek Ultra repels the CQuartz) and an additional $500 to CQuartz the entire rims.

I knew that it would be pricey but it seemed a bit high. Is that along the lines for pricing I should be expecting? They did show me a few cars they were working on and their install jobs were spot on and installed noticeably better than the 1/4 front clear bra that was on my old 15 Mustang GT.

Obviously I will shop around but I just wanted to see what others paid for. If you don't want to post your prices, I'd appreciate a PM. I also live in the Phx, AZ area (east valley), so if anyone knows a good detail shop to refer, I'm all ears. Thanks!
Sponsored

Lightning Blue GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duey
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 #H2996, 12 FX35, 09 G37S
That’s kinda high. I think I paid $3200 but the I told him I would do the a pillars roof and read truck he said $700 more. So that should be a good start for you. Good luck

Xpel is what I went with.

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I paid $4,000 for a similar job with Xpel Ultimate(Full front + roof) and CQuartz Pro on the entire car here in Silicon Valley. Also highly rated shop.

tdoom15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The top shop here in Indy charges:

$1295 for Ceramic Pro Gold (life time warranty, 4 layers 9h, 1 layer light, windows, wheel face all coated) (EDIT: Calipers and wheel barrels not included, wheel face is at that price)

Xpel or suntek is $895 for front end and half of the hood, I'd guess it would be a little more to do the entire hood and other bits you mentioned.

Last edited:

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
$3,600 for what you described and an extra set of wheels Cquartz. Does seem a bit high.

Sponsored

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
Here is a great thread on PPF pricing you may want to peruse:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89255&highlight=$4500

According to my post there I got the full car done in Xpel+Ceramic Pro (exterior, interior, wheels, lugs and calipers) for only a grand more than what you are being quoted....would keep looking if I were you. Fwiw I couldnt be happier with my results and will take exact same course if I ever have another car this nice/rare.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I paid $4,000 for a similar job with Xpel Ultimate(Full front + roof) and CQuartz Pro on the entire car here in Silicon Valley. Also highly rated shop.
What shop is that? I need my new forgelines ceramic coated before they’re mounted on tires.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I paid 3600 for the nose, impact area in front of back tires, mirrors, roof, wing and trunk panel. The stripes are also done in matte film (I have an R). Cquartz finest reserve on everything. I went with Stek film this time over xpel. So far so good.

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Pakman, I had my GT350 done in Sept at a detailer shop in Mesa. They did the following:

*Paint correction on the whole car
*Teflon sealed the whole body of the car, no rims (Teflon sealing is a lower cost alternative to Ceramic coating and almost as good). I have had some of my other cars Teflon coated with good results so that is why I went this route.
*Suntek PPF, the complete front end of the car (all of the hood, fenders, front area by the grill, headlights, and mirrors). The PPF went over the teflon coating.
*Ceramic coated the PPF for extra durability (this was recommended by the detailing shop)

I don’t have the invoice in front of me but if I recall correctly it was a little over $2200 for the above.

In my opinion I think the shop did a nice job. I had the car out this last weekend at a cars and coffee in Scottsdale and I had a couple of people come up asking some questions about the car and during our conversation they mentioned that they wanted to put PPF on their car. I told them the front end of my car had PPF on it and they were surprised and said they could not tell. On my car you have to get up pretty close and really be looking for it to tell the front end has PPF on it.

OP
OP
Pakman

Pakman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Ok thanks for the replies fellas. I'll definitely have to shop around as it sounds like what I was quoted was high. Sent you a PM Loco.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
What shop is that? I need my new forgelines ceramic coated before they’re mounted on tires.
OCDetailing @ 37451 Jansen Terrace, Fremont, CA 94536.

Talk to the owner Joe, and tell him Ray with the Shelby sent you. :cheers:

TechnicalLimitation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350. H3562
I went to AutoSkinz in Valencia CA and got a quote around $4500ish (might have been a few hundred less, IIRC) that included:

- Some initial paint correction (I didn't ask for more questions)
- Full CQuartz, including rims
- Suntek PPF on the full front (I forget if that included roof)
- Full window tint (I think it was a 3M film, good stuff)
Sponsored