Price Protection. Did you get yours?

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Where did you get the 3.9% then, if you don't mind me asking? All the numbers quoted and my loan were through USAA.
This was Ford's incentive rate through Ford financing.
Sponsored

marshdabeachy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marshall
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT Premium
I got 2.9% through Ford ~3 weeks ago, but it was for 48 months.

You can see their rates through their payment calculator: https://www.ford.com/finance/payment-calculator

Looks like 2.9% for 48mo and 3.9% for 60mo are guaranteed through the rest of the year.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yep I did the 3.9% thru Ford as well. I shopped a few banks and credit unions. Surprised at how high their rates were for an 800+ credit score. Ford beat the best credit union by a half point. This was mid September.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
This was Ford's incentive rate through Ford financing.
There were Zero Incentives or Special Rates of any kind on the Mach1. We didn't even get the Special/Retail Order $1000 off if placed before April 2022.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
There were Zero Incentives or Special Rates of any kind on the Mach1. We didn't even get the Special/Retail Order $1000 off if placed before April 2022.
Yep that’s the market now, a good deal is getting MSRP on something.

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I saved $9k off the MSRP that came with my M1. Ordered 2/11, took delivery 10/17. Granger Rocks!

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I saved $9k off the MSRP that came with my M1. Ordered 2/11, took delivery 10/17. Granger Rocks!
Yep, me too, around $8600 below MSRP, and with all the ADM's around my area, it would have been priced too high for me to justify purchasing. Thanks again Granger Ford!

Jason29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500, 2012 Boss 302 Silver Laguna Seca
Good morning. Does anyone know for sure if a 2022 GT500 is covered by Ford under price protection? My dealer says they reimburse it if Ford pays it to them, but they weren’t sure if the Gt500 would be eligible or not. Appreciate anyone who knows.

Thank you!

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning. Does anyone know for sure if a 2022 GT500 is covered by Ford under price protection? My dealer says they reimburse it if Ford pays it to them, but they weren’t sure if the Gt500 would be eligible or not. Appreciate anyone who knows.

Thank you!
yes it is covered, a number of people have gotten theirs already. for me it's been exactly 4 months, still waiting for refund check from dealer. told me today that Ford has approved it but they're so backlogged we just have to wait. I told him that's ridiculous I've been waiting 120 days and dealer said he agreed but nothing he can do about it. he said it's approved amd coming still though...

Jason29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes it is covered, a number of people have gotten theirs already. for me it's been exactly 4 months, still waiting for refund check from dealer. told me today that Ford has approved it but they're so backlogged we just have to wait. I told him that's ridiculous I've been waiting 120 days and dealer said he agreed but nothing he can do about it. he said it's approved amd coming still though...
Thank you! That is good to know on the GT500’s. I wasn’t sure if they were excluded. I picked mine up yesterday, so the waiting begins. Thanks for the info.

Sponsored

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
yeah it's the ONLY reason I held out

they honored the pricing from April at the time I ordered it, and the interest rate. 2022 ecboost 200A only option is B&O. MSRP at the time I ordered was 34,140. I got some discount off of that and ended up in the 33 range. Plus 1.9%. I couldn't not get it. And so far, I really like the car. Spent almost 400 mi total in it today running around in the hills looking at property and still managed a shade over 41 mpg.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I had a rough go for Price Protection but it ended on a high note. Gen Manager said I'd have to pay whatever sticker was when it arrives. I cried and moaned until they gave me a letter that said if any Price Protection money came back to the dealership attached to my VIN, they would give it to me... but "don't hold my breath", they said. That was the day I picked to the car Oct 8th. Car was ordered Jan 4th. I paid full price at delivery.

$95,955 was window sticker at delivery (+ 10k ADM 🤕🥺).

$92,400 was original msrp a difference of $3,555.

The only difference is base price of $76,820 and the original $73,465 = $3,355 along with $200 on the destination and delivery makes the difference above. I expected $3,555 back.

I did give a trade in of $40k, so I only had to pay taxes on $65,955.

Tax credit difference is another $235 for a total of $3790. But I got $4,456 back. 🤷‍♂️

Not sure what their calculations but I'll take it. Maybe they weren't supposed charge me tax in that 10k ADM and the tax got refunded? Attached is a breakdown of the PP refund data. Good luck to the rest of you. It worked out here.

20221212_135841.jpg

Jason29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a rough go for Price Protection but it ended on a high note. Gen Manager said I'd have to pay whatever sticker was when it arrives. I cried and moaned until they gave me a letter that said if any Price Protection money came back to the dealership attached to my VIN, they would give it to me... but "don't hold my breath", they said. That was the day I picked to the car Oct 8th. Car was ordered Jan 4th. I paid full price at delivery.

$95,955 was window sticker at delivery (+ 10k ADM 🤕🥺).

$92,400 was original msrp a difference of $3,555.

The only difference is base price of $76,820 and the original $73,465 = $3,355 along with $200 on the destination and delivery makes the difference above. I expected $3,555 back.

I did give a trade in of $40k, so I only had to pay taxes on $65,955.

Tax credit difference is another $235 for a total of $3790. But I got $4,456 back. 🤷‍♂️

Not sure what their calculations but I'll take it. Maybe they weren't supposed charge me tax in that 10k ADM and the tax got refunded? Attached is a breakdown of the PP refund data. Good luck to the rest of you. It worked out here.

20221212_135841.jpg

Thank you for sharing, Tony. I am glad you got yours. Looks like about a month and a half from your delivery to when the invoice date was on that check stub. Did you just receive it this week? Trying to gauge where mine may be in the process, as my GT500 was delivered late October, so probably close following your timeline.

Thanks again for letting us know.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Thank you for sharing, Tony. I am glad you got yours. Looks like about a month and a half from your delivery to when the invoice date was on that check stub. Did you just receive it this week? Trying to gauge where mine may be in the process, as my GT500 was delivered late October, so probably close following your timeline.

Thanks again for letting us know.
You're welcome. I know this is an important subject for most everyone. With the MSRP prices going up 6k from 20/21 and all the ADMs, getting a few grand back is huge.

My check got delivered on 11/25. That check stub status 11/21. But yes, 7 weeks from car delivery to PP check delivery. Not bad. The dealership was telling me I probably won't see a penny because Ford hadn't been sending them anything all year. Maybe Ford dumped a huge back log on them. I don't want to ask too many questions... they might try to claw some back. 🤑

Jason29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're welcome. I know this is an important subject for most everyone. With the MSRP prices going up 6k from 20/21 and all the ADMs, getting a few grand back is huge.

My check got delivered on 11/25. That check stub status 11/21. But yes, 7 weeks from car delivery to PP check delivery. Not bad. The dealership was telling me I probably won't see a penny because Ford hadn't been sending them anything all year. Maybe Ford dumped a huge back log on them. I don't want to ask too many questions... they might try to claw some back. 🤑

It is huge, especially on these cars like you said. Like you, I am expecting $3k-$4k back, as I ordered the car last December. My dealer said the same thing yours did, they would refund it if Ford gives it to them. I will give it through the holidays, but intend to pursue it with them and Ford in early January. I do believe my dealer will refund it if they are paid anything, but it is making sure Ford reviews it properly. 7 weeks isn't bad though. They told me it takes 60-90 days at the dealer.

I'd definitely take the money and run. I think you did well. :crackup::clap:
Sponsored