Price Increase on HPP for Ecoboost

Jeff58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost HPP
Price has gone up from $4,995 to $6,095....glad I got the 2020. Looks to be the same content:

1613234914364.png
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That’s cars in general. Same car I have today using the new pricing is 1-2k higher too. Same options

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
Price has gone up from $4,995 to $6,095....glad I got the 2020. Looks to be the same content:

1613234914364.png
Strange Ford would increase the price so much. I was under the impression the HPP wasn’t a popular option. I have seen only one other on the road in SLC and it didn’t have the handling package.

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
Well, it's probably because they changed the trim color from magnetic to carbonized gray.. just joking! Maybe the beancounters figured out the 2020 was underpriced for the content!

Typical..

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes you can!
Well, it's probably because they changed the trim color from magnetic to carbonized gray.. just joking! Maybe the beancounters figured out the 2020 was underpriced for the content!

Typical..
If that is the case, I am glad I got my 2020 in the middle of the pandemic with free money from Ford. When I picked mine up in early May, I don't think the dealer had sold five vehicles in all of April.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If that is the case, I am glad I got my 2020 in the middle of the pandemic with free money from Ford. When I picked mine up in early May, I don't think the dealer had sold five vehicles in all of April.
how much was it OTD all said and done? got a good deal on the finance 0%apr I assume but did you get it discounted from msrp or paid msrp?

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how much was it OTD all said and done? got a good deal on the finance 0%apr I assume but did you get it discounted from msrp or paid msrp?
I paid invoice and they showed me the invoice. Invoice = 42,121. OTD = 45,170.

Didn't get below invoice, but they didn't tack a lot of "dealer prep" nonsense on it either, just tax, license and state fee.

People on this board always say you can get 20% off MSRP or something like that. Maybe that is possible for something that's been left on the lot for ten months. But I ordered mine. I wanted what I wanted and did not want to settle for whatever the assistant sales manager ordered.

So could I have gotten a better deal? I don't know. I know I got my first and probably only Mustang exactly the way I wanted.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I paid invoice and they showed me the invoice. Invoice = 42,121. OTD = 45,170.

Didn't get below invoice, but they didn't tack a lot of "dealer prep" nonsense on it either, just tax, license and state fee.

People on this board always say you can get 20% off MSRP or something like that. Maybe that is possible for something that's been left on the lot for ten months. But I ordered mine. I wanted what I wanted and did not want to settle for whatever the assistant sales manager ordered.

So could I have gotten a better deal? I don't know. I know I got my first and probably only Mustang exactly the way I wanted.
Honestly as long as you can afford what you got, and happy with it afterwards, thats all that matters. I had to negotiate because I wasn't in a very good position financially, my 15 ruby red EcoBoost just got totaled, hit and run. so I got a check around 21k. thats what I used as bartering.

The dealership had 2 of my car, one in lot with 100 miles and mine in showroom with like 5 or 15 miles. I can't remember, both brand new never sold. 2+ year leftovers.

sticker was 34k. they had listed for 28k. I offered 25k and they accepted, they sent paperwork, I denied said I didn't want to go in debt. they asked what I wanted, and expressed they wanted 1 gone to make other look better deal. (2 cars means choices) anyway, I said id take it for 23k OTD. and we did that. they bought the car from ford when there was a 2-3k rebate, like year earlier. but they lost 6k on my car if I recall mathmically.

and, I got them to toss me 250 towards my planeticket.

he had several old cars never sold, even a Shelby 2010 I think it was, behind my car. never sold, just sit-in there as a time capsule. sad really he asked if I wanted a REALLY good deal, said nah im here for my EcoBoost.

I guess after they put "sold" on my EcoBoost, the other car sold 3 days later. said irony really. couldn't get them gone, then both gone instantly. just had to get 1 gone.

I was happy with it, EcoBoost premium.

THOUGH. thinking back, I think we could of changed the deal, to sell it to me as used for 100k pre certified warranty, I would of had to pay a few hundred because it cost them money too. but I should of done that.

but my car did come with full factory warranty starting on day of purchase, so its like I bought a 2019, a 2019 and my 2017 will have the same duration of warranty coverage.
IMG_0212.JPG

1614367893070.png

now.
IMG_0109.jpg
IMG_0106.jpg

edit I also saw tons of loaded 2017 models back then in cali etc, fully loaded, convertibles etc for similar pricing, but I didn't want a vert. but I did mention that in justifying lowering the price some from 25k showed ton of links. I think its because 2018 had a fascia change, so a lot people didn't want "old" mustang, they wanted new ones.

Last edited:

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly as long as you can afford what you got, and happy with it afterwards, thats all that matters. I had to negotiate because I wasn't in a very good position financially, my 15 ruby red EcoBoost just got totaled, hit and run. so I got a check around 21k. thats what I used as bartering.

The dealership had 2 of my car, one in lot with 100 miles and mine in showroom with like 5 or 15 miles. I can't remember, both brand new never sold. 2+ year leftovers.

sticker was 34k. they had listed for 28k. I offered 25k and they accepted, they sent paperwork, I denied said I didn't want to go in debt. they asked what I wanted, and expressed they wanted 1 gone to make other look better deal. (2 cars means choices) anyway, I said id take it for 23k OTD. and we did that. they bought the car from ford when there was a 2-3k rebate, like year earlier. but they lost 6k on my car if I recall mathmically.

and, I got them to toss me 250 towards my planeticket.

he had several old cars never sold, even a Shelby 2010 I think it was, behind my car. never sold, just sit-in there as a time capsule. sad really he asked if I wanted a REALLY good deal, said nah im here for my EcoBoost.

I guess after they put "sold" on my EcoBoost, the other car sold 3 days later. said irony really. couldn't get them gone, then both gone instantly. just had to get 1 gone.

I was happy with it, EcoBoost premium.

THOUGH. thinking back, I think we could of changed the deal, to sell it to me as used for 100k pre certified warranty, I would of had to pay a few hundred because it cost them money too. but I should of done that.

but my car did come with full factory warranty starting on day of purchase, so its like I bought a 2019, a 2019 and my 2017 will have the same duration of warranty coverage.
IMG_0212.JPG

1614367893070.png

now.
IMG_0109.jpg
IMG_0106.jpg

edit I also saw tons of loaded 2017 models back then in cali etc, fully loaded, convertibles etc for similar pricing, but I didn't want a vert. but I did mention that in justifying lowering the price some from 25k showed ton of links. I think its because 2018 had a fascia change, so a lot people didn't want "old" mustang, they wanted new ones.
Always liked Grabber Blue. I learned to drive on a '72 Grabber Blue Pinto, 2.0L engine with a whopping 86HP. Grabber Blue was not a paint option for my 2020.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve wanted one since I saw one of the 2011 grabber mustangs. I couldn’t afford one and still couldn’t really but I got a deal so took it

Jerrycobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
even the GT PP package is 6 grand now. it started out at $2500 in 2015, Ford just kept bumping the price yearly.
Sponsored