Premium Care / Premium Maintenance Transfer

J. Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / Track Pack
I just purchased my 2016 Shelby GT350 in January. The previous owner had bought the Ford Premium Care Extended Warranty as well as the Premium Maintenance packages (both thru 7/2024) and paid to have them transferred with the car over to me. Has anyone had any experience with this? I went to my local dealer with all the paperwork so they could set it up for me (as it is not showing in my Ford Pass App) and they had no clue on how to do this. I was passed from sales to service to the business manager (who sells these packages). The business manager was in a middle of some transactions and couldn't help me but I didn't get the warm fuzzies that he knew what to do.
Can anyone offer any insight or experience in regard to this?
Thanks.
Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Call the Ford ESP dept 1-877-794-6434. They should have the info, based on the vin#, and make sure that it was indeed transferred with the car sale.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I was told the new owner of mine had to transfer it at a dealer, and pay a small fee(by the regional rep giving me the ext warranty). When i gave the guy the supplement kit i told him about it and never heard back, so i assume he did it.

sounds like your dealer may not know the process, but I’m also assuming a bit here.

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
I purchased the same Ford extended warranty from the Ford dealer when I bought my 2016 GT350 last year and I understood that this warranty was transferrable. It stays with the vehicle. Not sue if there is a transfer fee. Would be curious to know.

OP
OP
J. Kidd

J. Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
There is a transfer fee to transfer everything. The previous owner went to the dealership where he originally bought the car and the extended packages, filled out the paperwork and paid the fee to have everything transferred over to me. I have the paperwork from that original dealer confirming the transaction. So, it is transferable and there IS a fee. My local dealer (where I would prefer to have the car serviced) was not very helpful the first time I stopped in.
I'd expect the vehicle's entire service record to transfer over since the original owner had it serviced through the dealership under the extended maintenance plan. I'll call that number that Postal suggested and pay another visit to the dealership. They just seemed so confused the last time I went in (like I had asked them to build a Camaro for me)....

OP
OP
J. Kidd

J. Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
FOLLOW UP:
I spoke with both the business manager at my local dealership as well as Ford ESP.

The business manager confirmed that as long as the warranty and maintenance were transferred by the original owner, they will follow the vehicle (through the VIN) at the dealership if/when I bring it in. They don't need to "enter it into their system" or anything like that. Once they enter the VIN into their system, the coverages will appear.

Ford ESP also confirmed for me that indeed the coverages have been transferred over to me and now cover the vehicle under my name.

I did get the extended maintenance package to show on my FordPass app but the extended warranty and service history have not. These are minor details as I have confirmed with Ford ESP and the dealership that the coverages are in tact and effective. Already have a call in to the FordPass app people to get things to show. This had to be "escalated" and I'm waiting for a call back.

Postal: thanks for that number!
Sponsored