Sponsored

PP2...........starting to appear at dealerships

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
See, I agree with that. That's why I said that if I had the money, I'd totally buy a GT350. But I can't, so all I'm saying is that it'll be a very capable alternative out the box for those of us who can't, because we won't have to spend out of our means to get a car on the same level. I'm not trying to say it's the better car or anything like that, simply saying it'll be faster out of the box
Well, if you are willing to wait a bit you might be able to. Trolling used GT350s lately it seems like prices are dropping. Last week I only found a couple below 45K and those were with daily driver miles (30K). Now I see several for around $45K, some with very low miles.

Ron Swanson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW & Lexus
Well, if you are willing to wait a bit you might be able to. Trolling used GT350s lately it seems like prices are dropping. Last week I only found a couple below 45K and those were with daily driver miles (30K). Now I see several for around $45K, some with very low miles.
I've been watching these cars intently for 4-5 weeks, after initially considering one a year ago.

Although I think the market is starting to weaken, I dont see clean cars below 47k or so. I search nationwide. I think it takes 48-51k or so to get something nice and clean, unless you are willing to take on more miles.

But, I do agree with you, I think prices are starting to fall.

Last edited:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Would be nice, but I’d rather not buy yet another used car, especially one that has almost certainly been beaten on. Maybe by the time my 2018 is paid off, GT350Rs will be at a somewhat acceptable price and I’ll be able to pick one of them up... those are the ones that’ll be worth something in the future

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I've been watching these cars intently for 4-5 weeks, after initially considering one a year ago.

Although I think the market is starting to weaken, I dont see clean cars below 47k or so. I search nationwide. I think it takes 48-51k or so to get something nice and clean, unless you are willing to take on more miles.

But, I do agree with you, I think prices are starting to fall.
Yeah and most of the ones in the $52K and under price range don't have the track pack. In fact most of the used GT350's for sale around me (within 200 miles of the New England area, so like 5 states) are 2016's without the track pack. I think I have seen one 2016 for under $57K with the track pack. I would be concerned buying a GT350 without the track pack due to the perception of the car overheating and not being track ready. Let's be honest if you see two GT350's for sale and one has the track pack and the other does not, and they are within a few thousand of each other, which one are you going to buy?

Sponsored

Jcfast1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Convertible
Ugh, many of you are taking this too personally and are not seeing the forest through the trees. What happens to the GT350 after 2018.... It’s gone.

So let go of your ego’s and realize what Ford has given us.... The GT350 reincarnated as the PP2. Yes, PP2 doesn’t have all of the GT350’s parts, but it’s not a Shelby. It’s also not a $65,000 car either.

So if you want a GT350, go buy ya a GT350... If you like the GT PP2 go buy it.... Geez, you don’t need anyone’s permission or a justification of your purchase.... It’s your car.

Let us just be happy that Ford built the PP2 now that the GT350 will soon to be gone.

Ron Swanson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW & Lexus
Yeah and most of the ones in the $52K and under price range don't have the track pack. In fact most of the used GT350's for sale around me (within 200 miles of the New England area, so like 5 states) are 2016's without the track pack. I think I have seen one 2016 for under $57K with the track pack. I would be concerned buying a GT350 without the track pack due to the perception of the car overheating and not being track ready. Let's be honest if you see two GT350's for sale and one has the track pack and the other does not, and they are within a few thousand of each other, which one are you going to buy?

I would only buy a track pack car.

That being said, you certainly do not have to pay 57k to get a 2016 track pack.

Ron Swanson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW & Lexus
Ugh, many of you are taking this too personally and are not seeing the forest through the trees. What happens to the GT350 after 2018.... It’s gone.

So let go of your ego’s and realize what Ford has given us.... The GT350 reincarnated as the PP2. Yes, PP2 doesn’t have all of the GT350’s parts, but it’s not a Shelby. It’s also not a $65,000 car either.

So if you want a GT350, go buy ya a GT350... If you like the GT PP2 go buy it.... Geez, you don’t need anyone’s permission or a justification of your purchase.... It’s your car.

Let us just be happy that Ford built the PP2 now that the GT350 will soon to be gone.
I'm very interested to see how the PP2 compares to the GT350. Call me crazy, but I'm more interested in the suspension setup in the GT350 than the voodoo. 2nd and 3rd are so long in that car, 3rd isn't even that usable on any normal back road. The updated Coyote in an 'almost there' GT350 chassis/suspension would be a great mid point for a guy who doesn't track... Or at least I think.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I would only buy a track pack car.

That being said, you certainly do not have to pay 57k to get a 2016 track pack.
I have seen one for $52K and the dealer was sketchy. The rest have been priced in the mid $50K range. This is based on about a 200 mile range in the New England area. It's possible if I expanded my search I could find more 2016's w/track pack for less money. It does concern me though because a number of regions in the US have experienced flooding in the last 6 months or so and I have personally seen some discounted cars coming out of Texas that make me wonder why they are so much cheaper than cars on the East Coast.

Ron Swanson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW & Lexus
I have seen one for $52K and the dealer was sketchy. The rest have been priced in the mid $50K range. This is based on about a 200 mile range in the New England area. It's possible if I expanded my search I could find more 2016's w/track pack for less money. It does concern me though because a number of regions in the US have experienced flooding in the last 6 months or so and I have personally seen some discounted cars coming out of Texas that make me wonder why they are so much cheaper than cars on the East Coast.
I understand being skeptical of a Houston car, but I don't think looking at an area within 200 miles of you is really a fair way to judge the market as a whole.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Biggest thing missing on the PP2 is some of the cooling the GT350 offers (either 2017+ or 2016 w/track pack).

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I understand being skeptical of a Houston car, but I don't think looking at an area within 200 miles of you is really a fair way to judge the market as a whole.
Probably not, that's why I mentioned in my region. That's about how far I am willing to travel to buy a car. Been doing this a long time and many times cars are not what they are advertised to be, or have issues that you cannot see over the internet and dealers won't openly disclose. Yeah I could buy plane tickets and then either drive the car back or get it shipped but that adds a lot of time and complexity especially if you flyout to buy a car and then you find problems and backout.

Ron Swanson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW & Lexus
Biggest thing missing on the PP2 is some of the cooling the GT350 offers (either 2017+ or 2016 w/track pack).
I don't think we necessarily know that yet. Different springs, suspension tuning, ride height, magneride tuning... And how did Ford deal with the wide front wheels in the PP2? Same parts as the GT350? I cant find it documented yet. I don't think they brought over the rear control arms and springs of the GT350 either.

I think theres a lot of unknowns.

Jcfast1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Convertible
I’m sorry, but I chuckle to myself every time I hear this. I would be extremely interested to know how many GT350 owners actually track their cars. If they do, why has no one complained the car doesn’t come with a roll bar and a fire extinguisher? Come on, it’s a track car right!!!!

Those who are going to race the car are going to make the necessary modifications to ensure it’s ready for the track no matter how it comes from the factory.

BTW, and this is just my opinion, unless a GT350 has been actually commissioned as a race car and also successful.... Iits just another street car that’s been beat on at the track and the value diminishes.

Jcfast1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Convertible
I don't think we necessarily know that yet. Different springs, suspension tuning, ride height, magneride tuning... And how did Ford deal with the wide front wheels in the PP2? Same parts as the GT350? I cant find it documented yet. I don't think they brought over the rear control arms and springs of the GT350 either.

I think theres a lot of unknowns.
To your point, the GT350 was developed in 2014. Are some of those older suspension pieces now “old tech”???

Or another question to ask, did Ford take what they learned from the GT350 and apply it to the PP2.

Once someone tests both cars together everything will be revealed....
Sponsored